Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Burning DVD's in Nero...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 08 Mar 2006    Post subject: Burning DVD's in Nero... Reply with quote

When I used to copy DVD's in Nero (perfectly legitimately of course Shifty) using DVD43, I could go into the DVD submenu, select copy entire DVD and it would recode the film and then ask me for a disc to burn it to. But about a month or so ago it no longer asks for a disc once it's recoded a film. It's not even making an image, because when I go to the folder I asked it to save to there's nothing there, even though it spent the last 15 minutes encoding it.

Now I've uninstalled/reinstalled about 5 different versions and it does it with every one. I was wondering if it was something in setup but I cant find anything. Anyone recommend me another program that I can use that will work in the same way? I want to be able to stick a disc in, encode it and then for it to just ask me for a DVD to burn it to.

Cheers.

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 08 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a trial version or something is it ?
As for free decode encode software just got for dvd shrink or dvd decrypter . both are free and work well. My pick and that of my mates is shrink. Just google and go nuts.
Same process as the software ur using.
Select the items u want or choose full back up and let it do its thing. Then it will prompt u for a blank.

Sometimes I will use decrypter if shrink has issues. So not a bad idea to have both handy. theyre free after all.

ur also probably aware to slow the speed down just to ensure a better burn instead of full speed. well thats the theory anyway .

Good luck and enjoy your new back ups of your legit dvd collection

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 08 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEN MONKEY wrote:
Its not a trial version or something is it ?
As for free decode encode software just got for dvd shrink or dvd decrypter . both are free and work well. My pick and that of my mates is shrink. Just google and go nuts.
Same process as the software ur using.
Select the items u want or choose full back up and let it do its thing. Then it will prompt u for a blank.

Sometimes I will use decrypter if shrink has issues. So not a bad idea to have both handy. theyre free after all.

ur also probably aware to slow the speed down just to ensure a better burn instead of full speed. well thats the theory anyway .

Good luck and enjoy your new back ups of your legit dvd collection

Cheers mate.

Nah, it's not a trial. I got a full version with my DVD burner. I'll try those programs you listed mate, much appreciated Thumbs Up.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:19 - 08 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one DENMONKEY.

Just burnt a DVD perfectly, Thumbs Up.

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:02 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries reflex. glad to help

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use DVD shrink and never experienced a problem. It's come in extrememly handy recently for me. I'm encoding all my avi films to DVD and creating my own DVD video discs. They can sometimes be too large after encoding to fit a 4.7GB disc, and shrink gets them down exactly right with no apparent loss in quality. Top program Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 49 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1