Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My ar*e hurts....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:33 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: My ar*e hurts.... Reply with quote

Just been out on my push-bike, only second time since I came out of hospital nearly 3 years ago. The handlebars felt well weird after riding a motorbike - so light, and god is my bum sore. Bit saddle sore Laughing Still I glad I did it - a start to my long recovery process.

0ddball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even imagine how i used to ride one for hours as a kid. The last time i rode one as an adult i was only on it for 5 mins and my arse felt like it had been used for currency in a prison. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takes a while to get used to the position and the thin seat, but once you've started building those muscles up, it's surprising how quickly you'll start riding subconsciously again.

I was out of mountainbiking for a few years after an offroad crash. I'm still nowhere near as fit as I used to be, but I'm using the bike for commuting now, and using the commute as saddle time to build myself up again.

Keep up the good work, and it'll all come together soon enough Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:06 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh cheers for that, I might have to invest in a nice gel saddle tho' Laughing my poor ol' botty Confused I used go everywhere on my bike as a kid, riding for miles. Oh well we grow old don't we! Seriously though I gonna try and ride a couple of times a week, walk a couple of times a week and the rest.......................................thrash the nuts off the ZX6R Laughing Laughing

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be tempted to opt for a gel sofa-like saddle. It will feel lovely for the first mile, then will chafe like hell after that.

You need a slimish saddle, and a pair of cycling shorts. You can wear them under a baggy pair if your a bit self conscious! The cycling shorts should always be worn next to your skin (ie. no underwear) and should thus be washed after every ride. It's a faff but it will make a lot of difference. Should set you back £25 for a good entry level short.

It should only take 4-5 hours saddle time to get used it it.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 17:59 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also get short's like this which have padded insert's as well.

https://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=21430

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:37 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorts it is then - cor my legs don't half feel stiff now - still it did me some good. It'll give me more confidence on the Ninja if I can strengthen my legs muscles up Thumbs Up Very Happy

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cillit-BANG wrote:

You need a slimish saddle, and a pair of cycling shorts. Should set you back £25 for a good entry level short.

Or £15.99 Anne Summers Spring 06 Cat. for rear entry level.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1