Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cyprus August 2005 >Hired DR350's

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Cyprus August 2005 >Hired DR350's Reply with quote

Went on holiday to cyprus where my parents have two houses (greedy eh? ((one's for sale)) ) with Phoenix. WE hired two DR350's at £12 a day for 4days, At home at the time I only rode 125's and hold a 33bhp license, though abroad my I could ride anything I could find to hire.

Here are some pictures I took on the last day, I have no idea of mileage as the speedos and odometers were broken (understatement they'd been snapped off lol)

The number plates are red to show all the locals they are hire bikes and they are to aim for us. look at the size though, and perfectly legal!

Only conditions of hire were don't go more than 200miles form the hire shop (yeah right) and that the perthetic little chain and padlock around the derriere of Pho's bike was to be used whenever we left them anywhere ( it was used to chain out jackets and helmets to them )

We did so many fantastic roads but were too busy having fun to stop and take photos,

we also came across a tree smack in the middle of the road which had been left instead of cut down, was just after a hairpin so no real danger of hitting it,

Highlights were :

leading up to the mountains I saw a black pipe in the road... as I got closer the black pipe turned out to be a snake which upon realising this I did a girly scream followed by going behind it, to which it responded to by coiling towards me as I passed (and NO I didn't stop to take a photo!)

getting to a sleepy mountain village early in the morning, turning bike off, drink etc, get ready to go and.... ignition on.. horn is stuck on ... sleepy village finds itself rudely awoken, the Echo was fantastic through the mountains, *ignition off quickly!* check button..fine.. turn ignition back on BEEEEPPP.. ignition off.
locals hang out of window yelling abuse in cypriot, Alex disconnects horn, we continue.

Phoenix's funky wheely where he lost his peg and sorta went all squiggly and then landed the wheely..fantastic and I got it on video!

I'm sure Pho has more pictures so you can bug him to upload them.

Hope you enjoy, I sure did.

Simple

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:25 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main road from Ayai Napa to Paphos is amazing can't wait to get back out there, although I've yet to hire a bike out there, I did hire a Vitara. Still hopefully in June I shall be back out there Cool Laughing I'm hoping to move out there in the next couple of years, the Ninja is coming with me of course. Laughing

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parents moving over there soon,want to buy a house? Wink

Have only been over Ayia Napa end once, was not impressed, the mountain roads are FANTASTIC apart from the snakes Crying or Very sad ...damn that sh!t me up lol

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:44 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an appartment out there, just hasn't been built yet Sad I bought off-plan it was well cheap, should be ready end of this year Laughing I liked Ayia Napa, nightlife was good although it wasn't jam packed because it was only May, but it's so friendly, made some good friends while I was out there. Mountains are nice tho' getting lost round Troodos excellent fun Laughing must visit Nicosia next time I'm out there and go to a couple of clubs there. Oh dear roll on June Crying or Very sad Confused

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh be wary of buying of plans, especially from Aristo Developers, unless you have a signed copy of the plans they will change and swap whatever the hell they like and screw you over Sad

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:38 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines going through Superior, got the lady to take us up there last year it's in Peyia, very nice, quiet area. Just the place to chill out after a night of clubbing Wink

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyia is where both our houses are,

one has just been completed and the older one is about 4 years old I think

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:17 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is supposed to be a half decent club there but I can't think of the name, it was just opening when we were out there in May. The woman who showed us our "plot"was friends with the owner.

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I know there is a good snooker club huge tables, full size, it's undergound too its funky.

are you anywhere near coral bay? our houses are between there and peyia.

good go kart track near there too.

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:35 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only been there the once but I know we took the second left to Peyia as we drove away from Paphos. The plot number is Superior 10 fairly close to a little supermarket. The foward facing appartments look over Coral Bay. Haven't had a real good look round Peyia cos we stay in Ayia Napa and normally have just the one day in Paphos/Peyia. My main aim is to try and get some DJ work somewhere on the Island. Next time we go I want to go to Club Treno (I think it's still called that) in Nicosia.

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool,

you really need (its a need) to hire dirt bikes (or a scoot) and go to Adonis baths/falls its an experience getting there, and swimming in he water,

It's said to give you eternal youth I think...
All I know is it's Ice cold, jumping in from a rope swing is a shock to the system.

simple

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:53 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh I don't really do water, I had a 3 operations back in May 03 so my swimming ability now is very limited (never been a great swimmer) but I did force myself to do a bit of swimming in Zante last year! All I wanna do is get out there with my Ninja and get caught speeding Wink Laughing on the main road that runs the width of the Island. I do like Cyprus tho' the people the sun Cool

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall when I was in the back of the hire car reading a bike mag, only car on the motorway.

out of no where a ninja and a blade came up behind us and levelled with us, one looks in sees my magazine, other guy sees him lookin, (all whilst staying level) they then wheelied off....

was soo cool lol, I didnt even have a CBT at the time but I've been bike mad since I was 7.

Wish I had a camera, they were cracking wheelies went forever

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:26 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a lovely R1 near where we were staying, a couple of years ago some of the cars used to cruise round by the bars Sylines, Toyotas etc but they've stopped that now. Plenty of blokes on superbikes popping wheelies tho' on the road down to Liminaki beach, made me cringe when all they were wearing were flip flops and t shirts - ouch Confused

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah

our estate agent rang tuther day, asked me if i was still riding 'those bikes', said yes I have a 500cc now, he goes Surprised girls should ride scooters (git lol)
said his son came off his bike a week or two ago,
was he wearing a helmet?
yes, on his elbow, broke his arm and fractured his skull Shocked

Got some strange looks wearing my jacket, gloves and full face lid in August..when all the locals wear t shirts and shorts...

but it's my ass

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now let that be testament to all the people who think I'm a twat for wearing no gear, you do look a fool if you have it on(but i do wear a full face helmet and gloves)
Cyprus sounds cool, I'm still trying to decide where I wanna move when I'm older, its either further south in Spain(weathers a little bit crappy up here in the north) australia, dubai, or maybe cyprus. Fancy a hol in each tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think cyprus is a bit small to live there long term, though when parents move out there am hoping to spend most my holidays there, as dad's promised to get me road legal dirt bike over there.

want's a jet ski too Laughing

flight's a bizatch tho, it's almost the furthest you can go short haul. upto 5hours, shortest flight ive had was 4h15m.

simple

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:16 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple wrote:

flight's a bizatch tho, it's almost the furthest you can go short haul. upto 5hours, shortest flight ive had was 4h15m.

simple

Quickest flight we had was 4h10 from Gatwick North, must have had a boy racer pilot that day Laughing I must admit I would wear full leathers out there, might be hot but a lot less hot than road road rash Confused What bike have you got?

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

fly from brum so a lil further.

currently got a GPZ500s to tide me over until my restriction is up as my restrictors have not fallen out and they're not going to either.

out there I fancy a DR400 SM bikes cost a fortune out there tho

guy wanted 4k for an old r1 that had been sprayed mattish silver.. was horrid.

not sure if you'd be able to source parts though, DR's are common hire bikes so a pretty safe bike out there me thinks.

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:13 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda guessed you had a GPZ, I've just sold mine, that was restricted too, got a ninja now as you probably guessed from previous posts. Just need to get out on it a bit more often, if the weathers not too bad tomorrow might have a bit of a blast Laughing Definately gonna hire a dirt bike next time we are out there, I even liked the idea of the little cruisers when I was in Zante, but don't tell anyone Shhh! Whistle

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd stop laughing if I rode a cruiser 'plop plop plopplop PLOP plop plop' hehe Laughing

tis all good fun tho Thumbs Up

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 05:35 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

fast_tzr wrote:
still trying to decide where I wanna move when I'm older, its either further south in Spain(weathers a little bit crappy up here in the north) australia, dubai, or maybe cyprus. Fancy a hol in each tbh.

Dubai! It rocks!

Although the nightlife isn't as good as Cyprus and you've gotta be 21 to drink...legally...but who does anything legal these days anyway Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1