Motorola V3i

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Motorola V3i Reply with quote

...Anyone got one?

My missus has just upgraded to one and she's a got a technical issue with it in relation to the assigning of ringtones.

I've searched high and low and am buggered if I can find an answer for her so I was hoping to pick some BCF Brains.

Ta.

SteveH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 22:58 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one, can help you out if you need. Or i can try. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks m'catate,

Quick question - be grateful if you know the answer.

She's assigned a specific ringtone to a person so when her phone rings she knows who's calling her from the tone. Unfortunately when a text comes through that particular ringtone rings (and when it's the theme tune to Hong Kong Phooey it can get embarrassing!). So, to cut a long stroy short - Is there any way of assiging a ringtone purely for an incoming telephone call or must the ringtone apply to incoming texts as well?

GSXR_Warrior
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:40 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: Motorola V3i Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
...Anyone got one?

My missus has just upgraded to one and she's a got a technical issue with it in relation to the assigning of ringtones.

SteveH

My missus has one of them too. I think it's in 'styles' for selection of 'all purpose' ringtone.

To add a ringtone to contact. Select contact, press centre joystick twice, entry details, scroll to ringer ID and change.

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: Motorola V3i Reply with quote

Axeman wrote:
To add a ringtone to contact. Select contact, press centre joystick twice, entry details, scroll to ringer ID and change.

Thanks Axeman - she's done that however as I mentioned above the ringtone applies to both incoming calls from a person AND text messages when she only wants it to apply to incoming calls. I can see the soddin' thing going back if this trifling matter isn't resolved - Women Confused Wink

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 08:54 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to settings ring styles then the second option down and change, should allow you to change the text tone.

Or is that not what you mean?? Confused

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:16 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response but no it's not what I mean unfortunately although I'm finding it difficult to explain! One last try before I give up Smile

If you assign a ringtone to an individual person, when that person calls or texts as far as I can see that assigned ringtone will play. What the missus wants is for the ringtone to play for that individual on an incoming call only and not a text from them - as far as I can see there's no way of doing that unfortunately.

Clear as mud? Thought so Wink

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got the phone so I cant really help, but surely that's a problem with the actual phone? With my phone (Samsung D500) it's possible to do what your asking and it doesn't change the text tone as well. You sure the phone isn't knackered or something? I would of thought that Motorola would of picked up on something like that during testing. Might be worth taking the phone back and seeing if it does the same thing with another one.

Thumbs Up

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from a Motorola forum buried deep in the Internet...

'If you set a specific ringtone to a caller - when the caller sms you , you will received the same assigned tone ...there is no way to have a "beep" tone to a caller with an assigned ringtone.'

There's the answer - The wife's not gonna be happy Rolling Eyes

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty shit.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
Taken from a Motorola forum buried deep in the Internet...

'If you set a specific ringtone to a caller - when the caller sms you , you will received the same assigned tone ...there is no way to have a "beep" tone to a caller with an assigned ringtone.'

There's the answer - The wife's not gonna be happy Rolling Eyes

Hmmm, seems a bit of a strange/shit way of doing things IMO.

Confused

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:58 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't help you, but the V3X has this feature Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1