Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Nerds vs Jocks

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Nerds vs Jocks Reply with quote

In true 'Porky's' fashion, at my school we had two definite groups, these can be most easily identified as nerds and jocks or smilers and non-smilers.

An example in the last Big Brother - Maxwell & Anthony = Jocks, Mokkosi & Kamal = Nerds.

The same was also true when I went to college. Something happening in another post has got me thinking, who at school was a Jock and who was a Nerd?

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 09:55 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a nerd thats for sure. Smile

At college it was different, it went

Normal people

Stoners

Goth/emo/skater bois
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:07 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, hard one this, TBH I never hung around with the lads who made effort and played sport all the time to impress daddy.

I called these meat heads jocks.

I smoked up and blagged out through school and ended up with a career from being good at it, so I guess I was a nerd.
Laughing Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and rudeboys. What would our lives be like without the rudeboys?

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

IronMaiden
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:14 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a true story. I actually met my husband for the first time at a Nerds and Jocks party. He says it was love at first sight for him. The fact that I was dressed up like a complete nerdette at the time was a bit worrying! Confused The second time we met was a chance meeting with friends at a bowling alley. He was hopeless...when he tried to swing the ball, his fingers slipped out of the holes and the ball flew backwards! Laughing

I had just broken up with my ex-boyfriend and really was not looking for a new one, so it took me longer to warm to him. I fell for his sense of humour and great personality! The rest is history. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty of jocks on my course at uni and all i can say, for all the nerds you have in the world, the Jocks are what make you stay. All the events and parties and piss ups they organise more than make up for the continual boredom otherwise experienced in lectures.

I can honestly admit i was a nerd - Deputy Head boy, school council, 3rd Highest Gcse's of the year group. Anybody who professed they were a jock with such attributes were more than likely to get beaten up. But instead, got respected by them so it felt kinda weird.

College i was just a random, spontaneous individuals. Too cool for nerds and too random for jocks- possibly a stoner, but that wouldn't classify me either. Difficult. Once you've met me, you'd understand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMaiden wrote:
...so it took me longer to warm to him. I fell for his sense of humour and great personality! The rest is history. Razz

Does that mean he's an ugly bugger? Wink

Basics of my school:

Ravers (yes, my GCSE's were spend in the early/mid 90's. Oh, how I loathed the Spliffi jackets)

Smellies (Metal kids)

There were also the usual sub-groups:

Lovvies (drama types)

The cool geeks (had their own club and hung around in a classroom at lunch, Oxford and Cambridge to-be types)

The mis-fits (the group i was in, I met my best mate after he'd just head butted a window. We were the ones who spend lunches creating human pyramids and jumping off anything high)

The bad lads (the ones that liked getting into fights. Some of them would have been nice if they weren't so intend on being bad. Factory employees in waiting (although one of them is now a club DJ)

IronMaiden
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:41 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

byke95 wrote:
IronMaiden wrote:
...so it took me longer to warm to him. I fell for his sense of humour and great personality! The rest is history. Razz

Does that mean he's an ugly bugger? Wink

Laughing Laughing

Nope, I am one lucky gal, he is the complete package!
Good-looking, sexy and brains ! What more could a lady want? Razz

<insert smart-ass answer here> Wink

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:51 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMaiden wrote:
<insert smart-ass answer here> Wink

No vocal chords and a chocolate cock?

RobB
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:53 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a mostly-ignored nerd at school, and proud of it. Would think there's probably only 5% of my entire year that knew I was even at the school. Had high grades, played chess when it rained at lunchtime, rarely answered back etc. Only time I caused any concern whatsoever was when I started seeing one of the "cool" girls, and a lot of the "cool" boys didn't like it.

However, I was also part of the football and cricket crowd, which meant I was a sort of weird crossover kid. Too sporty for the nerds, and too nerdy for the jocks. Like some sort of intellectual hermaphrodite......

IronMaiden wrote:
Good-looking, sexy and brains ! What more could a lady want?

9 inch tonuge, and the ability to breathe through his ears.

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were definately groups in my school but the cultures mixed. I was more into the 'rave' scene and this was the time of 'brit pop', but we just called those kids 'grungers' innacurately just to wind them up.
I was into sport and played a lot of basketball but wouldn't class myself as a jock. I was always very cynical of the kids that thought they were cool. Usually they did drama, hung around with girls and talked too much. I prefered to keep a low profile and get along with everyone, i.e the gypo nutter that was likely to stab you with a compass to the boffs who were good for homework plagarism.

IronMaiden
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:32 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobB wrote:

IronMaiden wrote:
Good-looking, sexy and brains ! What more could a lady want?

9 inch tonuge, and the ability to breathe through his ears.

Check that Thumbs Up .......next?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:15 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the odd kid that people didn't mess with, not because of my size (I was perfect bullying material), but because I was perfectly capable of flying off the handle and hitting them across the back of the head with a chair/window pole/flying headbutt (I was especially good at flying headbutts).

Latterly, after learning a bit of anger management and growing quite a lot, I was a disruptive kind of nerd. I was the one who knew how to make the tri-iodide... and where to apply it for best effect.

The majority of teachers (the ones that didn't have me in their class, including the rector of the school) thought I was nothing but a thick, trouble maker and expressed shock and surprise when I stayed on past Standard grade. Not half as surprised as the rector was when he had to give me the dux medal though Twisted Evil .

zaknafien

PostPosted: 14:21 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a nerd although I was never at a school long enough to find out.

I wonder what comp's are like. Confused

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:51 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess i would probably fall into the jock catagory. At our school there are basicly 3 main groups; jocks, quiet kids (not quite nerds but not quite jocks) and rejects.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was neither.

I was the guy at the back of the class with Metallica on my walkman, staring at the girls ass in front of me counting the weeks til the summer holidays.

School sucked ass.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 20:34 - 29 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
Not a nerd thats for sure. Smile

At college it was different, it went

Normal people

Stoners

Goth/emo/skater bois

Same here thats what its still like Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1