Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Ripping CD to MP3 - album images?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Ripping CD to MP3 - album images? Reply with quote

Bit late to the party on this I know but I've just been putting my collection of CDs to MP3s.

However, when comparing the files with a friend's collection I find he's got small jpg files of the album covers. I'm told players like Windows Media Player display this stuff. So, where can I get these images? and are they important?

FWIW using CDex v1.51 to rip the files.

Thanks in anticipation Thumbs Up
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you automatically play them in media player it will download the album art.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:17 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my albums that i "supply" shall we say have covers, they are all scanned from the real ones.
their are a few sites left that you can download covers from but most were shut down.
i,ll get a few sites for you later.
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:28 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
I think if you automatically play them in media player it will download the album art.


i use media player to get album art, but it doesnt do it automatically for me.

i go into 'library' highlight the tracks on an album, and right click and select 'find album info'

you will then have a few suggestions of track details and cover art for each track which you confim one by one
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:02 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually use Media Player 10 at the moment.
And if I'm connected to the net while ripping a CD into MP3's the media player connects to the CD database and downloads the album art thumbnails as part of the process
HTH
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but he already has the mp3s on his pc so he needs to do what i said, to get artwork off the net using media player which will then get attatched
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god


Last edited by colin1 on 03:40 - 13 Apr 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:51 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many places left but you can try..


https://www.mega-search.net/index.php?setlanguage=en
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your replies.

I think I've found what I've been looking for on this link.

It's Album Cover Art Downloader (v1.6.0)

Trying it out now and it appears a bit hit and miss on selecting the covers. I'll have a look to see what else wimilar is out there.

I'm only interested in the small images for use with the PC/MP3 player.
I have the original CDs so I'm not wanting to create new covers from the full size downloads (but thanks for the link, it may come in handy).

Very Happy Thumbs Up
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 60.23 Kb