Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Clarkson and Biker Comments (again)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 23:29 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarkson is the man.

This thread just proves it more.

Doesn't take a lot to make big tough bikers cry.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:38 - 12 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby wrote:
Doesn't take a lot to make big tough bikers cry.

Tough bikers?? Where??
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 193 days between these two posts...

rev900
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:26 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Clarkson Reply with quote

Clarkson is a great guy. His vitriolic wit is for entertainment of the inteligent. I am a biker and I like to think other bikers are my friends but some of you do need to lighten up a bit. I also drive a car...quite quickly... and bikers are a pain. They pass you on the straits with their 150 horsepower R1s etc then slow you up at every corner the wussies. I drive a 1987 Peugeot 205 normally aspirated diesel with 75 horse power and its very frustrating being held up by you bikers when I get to the corners. Clarkson drives a fast car so he must get doublely frustrated. Small wonder he gives us the stick that many of us deserve.
:D :D

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought the book "The World according to Clarkson"

Pissed myself.

(As a side note, also reading 'Scally', frightening :s)

Congratulations on the resurrection.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 13:40 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, you give a fu*k Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kal9001
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:10 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF...jeez! next we will be rioting in the streets cos he had a silly cartoon published somewhere...

he is a funny man, the point of top gear is that its a laf and its not too serious.

if you want seriousness then go wach fith gear!
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:09 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i cant make my mind up about Clarkson, im not too offended by this comment, it is kinda funny and you know hes only joking, but sometimes when he says things about the enviroment and seems to think its great that a car deos 8mpg ect ect, im quite offended by that and i dont think he is joking or cares about the enviroment at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a car that does 8mpg is great. TBH, that car doing 8MPG might have a 6.0 litre motor, so if you scale it down, say to the level of a litre sports bike, that works out at 48 MPG. Where as you are lucky if a litre sportsbike broaches 35. Makes the new 7.0 litre ls7 corvette motor look great, scale that down and it is capable of 182 MPG at the 1 litre level. Also bear in mind that a lil 2 stroke 125 might only manage 35 MPG, scale that up and it is 4.7 MPG at the one litre level. Push it to 7.0 litres and it is only doing 0.6 MPG.

I know bike engines make more power for size, but they ain't towing around 1500 KG of car.

Philwild
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:11 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Gear is the best programme on the telly and Clarkson is funny as f**k IMO.

Why take his comments so seriously??

Some people need to get out more....

Slickfish
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:19 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilredmachine wrote:
I think a car that does 8mpg is great. TBH, that car doing 8MPG might have a 6.0 litre motor, so if you scale it down, say to the level of a litre sports bike, that works out at 48 MPG. Where as you are lucky if a litre sportsbike broaches 35. Makes the new 7.0 litre ls7 corvette motor look great, scale that down and it is capable of 182 MPG at the 1 litre level. Also bear in mind that a lil 2 stroke 125 might only manage 35 MPG, scale that up and it is 4.7 MPG at the one litre level. Push it to 7.0 litres and it is only doing 0.6 MPG.

Yeah because its a very linear relationship isn't it, your logic is flawless! Rolling Eyes Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:27 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed.

But add in the number of chrome dials and you can see that the car comes out relatively a lot worse because it has a much higher chrome dial to non chromed dial ratio!

Surely fuel efficiency would be better considered in relation to power to weight ratio, acceleration, speed, etc?

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point was there was no point. Smile

You want to drive somewhere in something or ride somewhere on something then you gotta pay the price to do it. Who gives a toss about the environment? Of course the ice caps are melting! We're still coming out of the last ice age Laughing

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 14:27 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where he lives Shocked

I think he's great Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
I know where he lives Shocked

I think he's great Wink
JC was born & grew up in a small village a few miles away from me, his parents still live their. Cool

snuff2005
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:54 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

id love to ride up next to him on the m1 or summut look in his window wave n then boot his mirrors off, obviously for this i would need a 2nd biker to get ther other side, maby we can set summut up and stalk him untill we get to a nice big road were we can burn him off lol =X

kruzerkev
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:08 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: shoot 'em Reply with quote

there's a few round my way i'd love to shoot

Jonwig
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:50 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fine him funny and don't mind his anti biker quips as they are meant as jokes.

What is concerning though is some car driving fools will listen to his comments and, well they won't shoot a biker, but they will see them as fair game for their contempt and are more likely to drive like knobs when they come across a bike.

Some bikers really don't help themselves. I've been overtaken, when I was driving a car, down straights then held up on the next 3 miles of corners loads of times by bikers (and any prat driving a fast motor vehicle with no skill or balls really).

deb
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:33 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Clarkson Reply with quote

I like Clarkson - but I don't always agree with him. it is all light hearted, and he does make up for his not so nice comments in other ways. Remember, as far as I know, Clarkson is the only person to have mentioned the death of the young English rally driver - Britains only winning rally driver(?) who died in his 20's the same week as George Best. He deserves some points for that - and for keeping us all amused.

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:45 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

snuff2005 wrote:
id love to ride up next to him on the m1 or summut look in his window wave n then boot his mirrors off, obviously for this i would need a 2nd biker to get ther other side, maby we can set summut up and stalk him untill we get to a nice big road were we can burn him off lol =X

And thats going to stop him making jokes about bikers, if any thing it would make it worse Rolling Eyes

Dont know why people get so pissed of with Clarkson, he is funny and top gear is one of the few good shows on tv.

damnas
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:20 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Car drivers get to watch top gear....

...We get to watch.....

Laughing

...The Hairy Bikers Cookbook!!!!

We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

deb
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:09 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: the hairy bikers Reply with quote

I saw that once - they were in Namibia so I watched it - and I love Babotie....strange pair of characters though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 354 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5