speedfight 50cc
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:29 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: SECTION 59 Reply with quote

no 1 can read

Last edited by speedfight 50cc on 16:54 - 14 Apr 2006; edited 3 times in total

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:39 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else give-up halfway through that post?

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well boi, da truble is dat da pigs just dont giv uz a chance wen it cums to skoots. they is all big up wit dem selves and hafta be dissin us wit massive disrespectin warninz and stuff innit.

erm, perhaps you were riding like a twat, or perhaps it was just bad luck. Police generally dont hand out warnings etc without good reason. Admittidly they are drawn to bikes more than cars, as we stand out from the crowd.

in the end, if you ride within the law, you will be fine and safe from police sanctions. You may get pulled over, but if everything is cocher you should be fine.

speedfight 50cc
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:49 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: reply savagekymco Reply with quote

have you read what a section 59 is for not realy for driving badly disturbing the public what is a load of rubbish. The police around this area are renound for picking on the younger generation

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:54 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned your horn (I got that far).

You are aware that it is illegal to sound your horn when stationary or between the hours of 11pm and 8am?

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 02:12 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Fucking kids, who let them use a computer.

Shit parents thats who.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny, cos as far as im aware your not allowed to ride on pavements. Thats probably why they got the arse with you. If you do something wrong expect a punishment .... or dont get caught!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Question

Fucking kids, who let them use a computer.

Shit parents thats who.

Luke

We'll be having stern words with yours then... Wink Laughing

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I gave up after the first few words Thumbs Up

ZZR-Souls
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:50 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

The English language. Built for prose, destroyed by heathens.

I gave up too.

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited - doh!

john2
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:05 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read the post because the prick edited it but when you say disturbing the public, its probably because most young people with scooters take the baffles out of the exhaust to make it sound 'cooler' so im guessing thats what you done aswell? In my opinion its chavtastic!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

john2
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:07 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its people like you that put a bad name on us 16 year olds!

kevuk
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:41 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn missed the origional post...any chance it can be put back up? cant really point the finger at him and call him knob if havent read the post can i? Smile

having said that if he would like to put the post up i have got some experience with sec 59 so might be able to give him a honest answer.

Bod
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:49 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

59 Vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance

(1) Where a constable in uniform has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used on any occasion in a manner which-

(a) contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off-road driving), and

(b) is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public,

he shall have the powers set out in subsection (3).

(2) A constable in uniform shall also have the powers set out in subsection (3) where he has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle has been used on any occasion in a manner falling within subsection (1).

(3) Those powers are-

(a) power, if the motor vehicle is moving, to order the person driving it to stop the vehicle;

(b) power to seize and remove the motor vehicle;

(c) power, for the purposes of exercising a power falling within paragraph (a) or (b), to enter any premises on which he has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be;

(d) power to use reasonable force, if necessary, in the exercise of any power conferred by any of paragraphs to (a) to (c).

(4) A constable shall not seize a motor vehicle in the exercise of the powers conferred on him by this section unless-

(a) he has warned the person appearing to him to be the person whose use falls within subsection (1) that he will seize it, if that use continues or is repeated; and

(b) it appears to him that the use has continued or been repeated after the the warning.

(5) Subsection (4) does not require a warning to be given by a constable on any occasion on which he would otherwise have the power to seize a motor vehicle under this section if-

(a) the circumstances make it impracticable for him to give the warning;

(b) the constable has already on that occasion given a warning under that subsection in respect of any use of that motor vehicle or of another motor vehicle by that person or any other person;

(c) the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that such a warning has been given on that occasion otherwise than by him; or

(d) the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that the person whose use of that motor vehicle on that occasion would justify the seizure is a person to whom a warning under that subsection has been given (whether or not by that constable or in respect the same vehicle or the same or a similar use) on a previous occasion in the previous twelve months.

(6) A person who fails to comply with an order under subsection (3)(a) is guilty of an offence and shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(7) Subsection (3)(c) does not authorise entry into a private dwelling house.

(8) The powers conferred on a constable by this section shall be exercisable only at a time when regulations under section 60 are in force.

(9) In this section-

"driving" has the same meaning as in the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52);

"motor vehicle" means any mechanically propelled vehicle, whether or not it is intended or adapted for use on roads; and

"private dwelling house" does not include any garage or other structure occupied with the dwelling house, or any land appurtenant to the dwelling house.

And...

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 20:50 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Adam_P wrote:

We'll be having stern words with yours then... Wink Laughing

Still hurting from the PR comments I see Laughing

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevuk wrote:
cant really point the finger at him and call him knob if havent read the post can i?

This is BCF. It never usually stops anyone else...

Laughing

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:

Still hurting from the PR comments I see Laughing
Luke

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1