Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

pins and needles

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: pins and needles Reply with quote

Just a quicky:
Over the past couple of days I have been getting pins & needles down my left arm, to the point were I loose the sensation in my little pinky Confused . It kinda feels like the sensation you have if you hit the funny bone on your elbow. Only it lasts all day but is away by the time I wake up and then returns a couple of hours later.

Cheers
Graeme
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 11:38 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops.... clutcher!!!
On a serious note that could be anything. Thyroid trouble, heart trouble, circulation, to name but a few. Get it checked out! Confused

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird,

When i play on those consoles you get in GAME and the like (With the fixed controllers that are at my hip... My hand goes cold and I get pins and needles :/

XS1954
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:35 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get a headache as well? Could be a migraine. I get them often and it can effect my vision as well. Not pleasant.

BFG
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:01 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: pins and needles Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:
pins & needles down my left arm

I would see a doctor ASAP so they can listen to your chest and make sure it's not any kind of heart trouble.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

heart trouble!?! I'm only 23 Shocked. Well I'm going to see the rig medic tonight to see what he says.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got similar pins and needles as an after-effect of being in a car crash and suffering from mild whiplash.

Have you had an accident recently or done anything which could have triggered it?

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope no recent accidents. Could it be something like a trapped nerve? If I lean on it it makes the pins and needles come back and seems to aggrivate it, seems to feel like something is pinching in my elbow joint Neutral

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishayKillie.................Did you go to to the docs, if so....what was the verdict??

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 21:19 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to revive the thread and ask the same question!

so.... Question

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:14 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pain has went away, but I still seen the medic anyway and he seem to think that it might just be a trapped nerve Neutral . I'm gona see my GP when I get home next week to see what he has to say just to be safe Thumbs Up
Cheers for the responses Thumbs Up

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:
The pain has went away, but I still seen the medic anyway and he seem to think that it might just be a trapped nerve Neutral . I'm gona see my GP when I get home next week to see what he has to say just to be safe Thumbs Up

Good, I'm glad it feels much better Smile

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 00:54 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditBitch wrote:
WishayKillie wrote:

Good, I'm glad it feels much better Smile

Thumbs Up Me too!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a repetitive strain or carpal tunnel injury, due to doing the same thing the same way all the time.

e.g., typing a lot; playing playstations etc., or even *gasp* riding motorcycles ...

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 15:39 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you lean on that elbow then at your desk or anything? The nerve to the fingers runs close to the surface at the elbow and inflammation there cuts off feeling starting from the pinky moving inwards. I had this and the solution was ibroprufen and modify the way i sat at work.

But also get it checked out as my m8 had a similar thing and it has turned out to be serious. Crying or Very sad

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwaker6r wrote:
Do you lean on that elbow then at your desk or anything? The nerve to the fingers runs close to the surface at the elbow and inflammation there cuts off feeling starting from the pinky moving inwards. I had this and the solution was ibroprufen and modify the way i sat at work.

But also get it checked out as my m8 had a similar thing and it has turned out to be serious. Crying or Very sad

I dont sit at a desk for more than possible 1hr a day, but yeah it seems to be when I bend my elbow or have it sitting on a desk if I'm using a keyboard that it comes back. But like I say the medic on here said it might be a trapped nerve, but i'm going to my G.P. when I get home anyway just to be safe Smile

Courageous T
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:30 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mouse hand always goes really cold almos instantly

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: pins and needles Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:
Just a quicky:
Over the past couple of days I have been getting pins & needles down my left arm, to the point were I loose the sensation in my little pinky Confused . It kinda feels like the sensation you have if you hit the funny bone on your elbow. Only it lasts all day but is away by the time I wake up and then returns a couple of hours later.

Cheers
Graeme

Google on Ulnar Nerve Entrapment and see if what you experience sounds similar (paraesthesia, if it mentions it, is abnormal sensation / pins and needles).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 15 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1