Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scotland visit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

PanEuro1100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:41 - 08 Apr 2006    Post subject: Scotland visit Reply with quote

Last year I bought myself a Pan Euro ST1100 as I've always wanted to tour the UK and Europe.
Plans were going well until the exhaust sheered off the bikejavascript:emoticon at the collector box end and I had to replace the whole system javascript:emoticon('Mad')
Mad (Obviously the warranty ran out and it was too late to return to the dealer). I managed to get the money together (£510) and it was delivered the day before our trip, panic stations believe me!!
Exhaust fitted we collected all the required gear and set off to scotland to visit family on the NE coast near Banff.
We covered about 360 miles on the first day and booked into a Travelodge. Next morning we freshened up and travelled the remainder of the trip about another 300 miles to my relatives (they weren't prepared as we hadn't told them we were coming).
When we arrived in the village where my relatives live I was amazed at the view as we arrived, it was like a picture postcard. (Gardenstown) https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/gardenstown/gardenstown/index.html
I would recommend a visit if you tour Scotland it's amazing.

Anyway the bike stayed in one piece and we had an excellent time visiting Inverness, Banff and some other villages surounding the area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:26 - 08 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell paneuro £510 sounds a lot .but it is a pan Very Happy think motad do them now for £350 .
ive had 2 pans in 8 years but never needed a exhaust just luck i think Smile
interesting site you put up for scotland Thumbs Up we.ve not been over that area yes as we always go up the west coast and like glen coe area we sometimes go up for the weekend and 1/2 nights b/b .nice ride for the weekend .what area are you in ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PanEuro1100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 08 Apr 2006    Post subject: Scotland trip Reply with quote

I got a Motad complete system for that price as I had looked just about everywhere I could think of to find one.
I am in Sussex about 15 miles north of Brighton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

! blimeh! iam sure you could have stainless pipes fabricated for that kind of money!

ST 1x00 i'm hopeing will be my next bike, but its not going to be for a looooong time Sad

Furthest north ive been is the lakes, and i'm in the midlands!!! but planing on going to scotland sometime soon...

When you takeing it on the ferry ride? Razz (hey it is a pan euro!)

PanEuro1100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Scotland Visit Reply with quote

We are planning on taking it to France next year as we have other holidays planned for this year. Will be taking it to the I of W in October just hope the weatherman is right that we are a month behind with our weather!!!!!!!!!
Got Provisional 1989, Passed Test 04/1998 - NS125, CG125, XJ600 (Pre Diversion), Suzuki GSF600 Bandit (I loved that bike but too expensive for parts), ST1100 Pan European (lovely bike, a dream to ride).Have a look at my website www.bikers-rest.co.uk

panrider
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:26 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is 1 of w ?paneuro Smile ive done france to portugal in october and the weather was still quite warm but wet at times .

PanEuro1100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Scotland Visit Reply with quote

I of W is Isle of Wight (Sorry)
Got Provisional 1989, Passed Test 04/1998 - NS125, CG125, XJ600 (Pre Diversion), Suzuki GSF600 Bandit (I loved that bike but too expensive for parts), ST1100 Pan European (lovely bike, a dream to ride).Have a look at my website www.bikers-rest.co.uk
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1