Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Off roading in Dubai

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:58 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Off roading in Dubai Reply with quote

I'm on holiday at the mo in Dubai and having a ball. I've learnt how to wake board and my father in law has lent me his SL500 for the duration. I've just come back from 2 days in Abu Dhabi with my brother in law and his mates where I went off roading in the desert for the first time. I had the choice of riding either a Sportrax 400 quad or a CR250R crosser. It's a different world out here! Started out on the quad and it was amazing, its so much fun blasting around the dunes, and quads are so easy to ride. Managed to get airbourne a couple of times and thought I was the dogs bollocks. Then I tried the crosser....Feck me how hard was that! Front end kept digging in and I got spat off a few times, luckily the sand is quite soft. We went to a place called Moreeb Dune (Moreeb means fear!) a 250 foot dune with a 60 degree incline! Supposidely the rich young locals use this place as a playground... Tried to get up the dune on the quad and failed miserabley - made it about 20 metres! Finally managed to get round the back and made it to the top! At this stage, not only did I think I was the dogs bollocks, I was the dogs bollocks! I was shitting myself coming down and was definately the slowest but what a rush! Will post some pics when I get back to the real world...

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 09:53 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're having a good one mate Thumbs Up

Sounds like a lot of fun.

chalky143
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:27 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun!!
Previous bikes::cbr600 steelie race bike, 1989 Honda vfr750f, 2013 Honda fireblade, 2013 Ducati multistrata 1200s, 2012 Triumph street triple R, 1999 yamaha r6, vfr 800, ducati 600ss, vfr 400x2, ntv 650, bandit 600, cagiva mito 125, aprilia rs 50, honda c90x2, honda hornet 600x2, cbr 600, aprilia rx50, suzuki katana
My bike pics: https://www.bikepics.com/members/chalky143/

derbisenda16
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:18 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Off roading in Dubai Reply with quote

michael j wrote:
I'm on holiday at the mo in Dubai and having a ball. I've learnt how to wake board and my father in law has lent me his SL500 for the duration. I've just come back from 2 days in Abu Dhabi with my brother in law and his mates where I went off roading in the desert for the first time. I had the choice of riding either a Sportrax 400 quad or a CR250R crosser. It's a different world out here! Started out on the quad and it was amazing, its so much fun blasting around the dunes, and quads are so easy to ride. Managed to get airbourne a couple of times and thought I was the dogs bollocks. Then I tried the crosser....Feck me how hard was that! Front end kept digging in and I got spat off a few times, luckily the sand is quite soft. We went to a place called Moreeb Dune (Moreeb means fear!) a 250 foot dune with a 60 degree incline! Supposidely the rich young locals use this place as a playground... Tried to get up the dune on the quad and failed miserabley - made it about 20 metres! Finally managed to get round the back and made it to the top! At this stage, not only did I think I was the dogs bollocks, I was the dogs bollocks! I was shitting myself coming down and was definately the slowest but what a rush! Will post some pics when I get back to the real world...

I was out there at christmas.

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 20:52 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TWATS! ALL OF YOU! TWATS!

DO NONE OF YOU READ?!?!?!

Guys i live in dubai, if you come out here get in f*cking contact with me!

PM, Email whatever!

If you're still out michael let me know

niff5855
Sausage Boy

PostPosted: 19:14 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I worked there for 2 years - fun innit Very Happy Very Happy

Sarge-Devil
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live in Dubai....(Jumeriah) well 25 years ago..was the best place i have travelled to in my life....and i have lived in a lot of countries.

I used to go to school at Dubai College..

Everyone i knew had an off road/dirt bike..

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 21:56 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarge-Devil wrote:
I used to live in Dubai....(Jumeriah) well 25 years ago..was the best place i have travelled to in my life....and i have lived in a lot of countries.

I used to go to school at Dubai College..

Everyone i knew had an off road/dirt bike..

Christ mate, i'm 17 and live in jumeriah as well on the al wasl road near interchange 3.

Dubai college has changed a F*CK load since you were around.

And i've got an XR400... Laughing

Quad bikes are more common though

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:42 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

.[/quote]

Quad bikes are more common though[/quote]

Thats probably cos they're are so much easier to ride Smile

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 08:30 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael j wrote:
Thats probably cos they're are so much easier to ride Smile

Laughing

You clearly haven't seen the locals razzing up and down al wasl yet...two wheels...on a four wheelied machine. Get in touch mate i'm home all day today Thumbs Up

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, just got back from Hatta, will be over your neck of the woods in a couple of hours. Will pm you then.

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:06 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I've got to get myself to Dubai me thinks!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1