Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

mot rip off

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
 Topic moved: from Politics & Current Affairs to Random Banter by Korn (15 May 2006 - 10:53)
View previous topic : View next topic  

gazza
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:37 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: mot rip off Reply with quote

took the car last week for its mot (£40 quid) the tester failed it on 2 front corroded brake pipes (though thay looked ok to me) cost me all of £5 quid to replace then guess what £40 quid for a re test £80 quid for a mot what a rip off
anyone else had problems with the new system?

gazza

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:17 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Most places offer a free re-test within a week or 2 of the original test. Did yours not?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:21 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
Confused Most places offer a free re-test within a week or 2 of the original test. Did yours not?

Getting harder, as now they have computerised the system they can only give the free retests for the specific items mentioned. Most items need a full retest so tie someone up for 30+ minutes.

All the best

Keith

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Typical. Luckily my MOT centre is stuck back in the stone age, they haven't converted yet. Very Happy

Vin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: mot rip off Reply with quote

gazza wrote:
took the car last week for its mot (£40 quid) the tester failed it on 2 front corroded brake pipes (though thay looked ok to me) cost me all of £5 quid to replace then guess what £40 quid for a re test £80 quid for a mot what a rip off
anyone else had problems with the new system?
gazza

Exactly the same happened to me....I was really pissed off. Mine failed on exhaust mounting brackets!! But thats not on the free retest list.....bastards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike failed it's MOT the other day on an indicator being the wrong colour! I took it in for the retest and it passed but I hadn't done anything to it. Rolling Eyes I did mention that fact to the tossers. Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:06 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make a point of calling up first and asking what their policy is.

One local place said they would do a free re-test, but only if they did the work Confused which sounds like an ideal opportunity to find some random problems so that they can offer to do a load of 'work' to your vehicle.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 11:04 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There is not much scope for a free retest these days. Unless it fails on one of the very limited number of things that are mandated to be a free retest then it requires a full test. Even if all the tester really does is take a 5 second glance at it and say it is fine it still requires them to log into the MOT system for a full test, meaning that for half an hour or more he cannot do a test on any other bike.

A perfect example of technology being used to make things less efficient.

All the best

Keith

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:16 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:

A perfect example of technology being used to make things less efficient.

All the best

Keith

that is of course purposeful , to raise even more money for the government , seeing that all the decent jobs are vanishing from the country at an alarming rate.

But then again this probably explains why the dole is better than many Mcjobs , people are better off.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 10 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1