Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

eBay Help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 21:47 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: eBay Help Reply with quote

I sold a graphics card a while ago. Got the money sent it got good feedback etc everything was cool.

Now hes emailing me sayin that he doesnt have a 3 pin socket next to his agp port on his motherboard and wants a refund. He says because i didnt say you needed to plug the fan into the mobo he deserves to get his money back.

I can't be arsed with all the hassle for the sake of only £20 and not sure if i should just ignore him.

Where does he/me stand with this?

This is the description and photo. (dont want to show the actual auction)

For sale is a GeForce 4 440mx graphics card with tv (svideo) out.
A very good graphics card, only being sold due to an upgrade.

Specs can be seen here.

256-bit 3D and 2D graphics accelerator Integrated second-generation Transform and Lighting engines 34million triangles per second setup engine with Z-cull and Z-clear 1.1billion texels per second and 540million pixel per second fill rate NVIDIA Shading Rasterizer with 24 of 26 DX8 pixel shading functions and full set of OpenGL 1.3 pixel combiner operations 32-bit color with 32-bit z/stencil Cube environment mapping DirectX® and S3TC® texture compression Digital Vibrance Control Enhanced TwinView dual-display architecture supporting any combination of notebook LCD, desktop VGA monitor, DVI display or TV set Dual CRTC/Simultaneous Dual Display(same or different surfaces) Integrated dual LVDS Transmitter supporting LCD panels up to 2048x1536 Integrated 350 MHz Palette-DAC for analog VGA monitors up to 2048x1536 Integrated NTSC/PAL TV encoder supporting resolutions up to 1024x768 Integrated TMDS transmitter for Digital Visual Interface support with scaling and filtering for flat panels up to 1600x1200 DVD- and HDTV-ready MPEG-2 decoding up to 1920x1080i ATSC format MPEG-2 hardware decode, including Inverse Discrete Cosine Transform and Motion Compensation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:52 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well whilst you did not specificly say it required the 3 pin socket you did properly describe the item (and the buyer could have checked elsewhere). I dont think you can be responsible for compatability with the rest of the system.

I would say sorry your problem, they cannot leave feedback now.

Regards
C

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 21:57 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would this stand with paypal?

I am going away soon for the whole of may so would miss the dispute. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:00 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I cannot see they can take a different view, they got the item they paid for. Can you check you mail while your away ?

They might not take it that far, they are probably trying it on.

Regards
C

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 22:08 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could check my mail at internet cafe's but don't want to go away with the hassle if you know what i mean.

I will just tell him what you said then and see what happens.

Thanks.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him to get fcuked mate, he's trying it on.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 22:40 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would usually take it back. I have done this with 2 phones before. Nothing wrong with the at all just they dont want them.

As i have been stiched up a few times on ebay before i try and help people out a bit but it seems there are many people out there that can't be trusted. Thumbs Down

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold an N70 that was simlocked to t-mobile and when the lad recieved it he asked for a refund because he couldnt take it abroad. The auction clearly stated it was simlocked to T-Mobile so he was promptly told to do one and I've not heard anything since.

Mark, politely tell them to do one.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 23:19 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him to suck a fat one...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Retro-Man
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:28 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just me that clearly sees the cable for the fan on the pic..

tell him politely that you are not responsible for the fact that he did not check his motherboard could support this card

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Tell him to get lost. Besides the fact that he should have looked elsewhere, you're not reponsible for incompatibilities. Plus, you can see the wire in the photo!

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 23:18 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard anything since i last emailed him. Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:42 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the mone out your Paypal account if it's sitting in there. Thumbs Up

He got exactly what was advertised, it's not your fault he didn't check if it was suitable or not.

SteWhit
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just tell him to get one of those connectors that will allow him to plug it into a spare HDD/CDROM power lead. There only about £1.50. It would cost him more is postage trying to send it back to you.
Thumbs Up

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 14:11 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah theres a big fuck off power cable in the pic which indicates it needs power Rolling Eyes

Couldnt he just plug it into the power pack? Or would that destroy the computer Laughing ?

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 16:10 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

He kept talking some weird shit too about the gcp graphics card processor. He was trying to control it from the pc.

I told him it should be on the disc and he said it wasn't. I know it is because i have overclocked it before.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1