Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

derestricting XT125 X

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

alex_t
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:49 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: derestricting XT125 X Reply with quote

just brought an '06 XT125 X which is still running in but seems to top at 47mph :S has done just under 600miles but still wondering y so slow.... anyone got instructionsa on takign the restrictor off the carb and exaust and recommendations for smaller sprocket as no haynes manual out yet so dont ahve a clue Smile

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:06 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably as fast as it will go Smile
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:08 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im absolutely sure it should do more than 47 mph.
Do you know that the carb is definitely a point of restriction? im not sure but id imagine they would restrict the carb with a washer type restrictor that you would have to remove the carb to get to. As for the exhaust id guess you'll have a cone restrictor at the manifold end of the pipe. These are usually held in place with 2 spot welds just drill these out and the cone should just drop out. take your pipe off and have a look.

good luck Thumbs Up

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have u run it in properly? I'd recommend adjusting the chain and just keeping it well maintained. Take it for it's first service. I'm liable to believe that that bike can show 65mph on the speedo. If not, it is one sickly sounding bike.

Yam XT is a 4 stroke, so before you ask if it can get derestricted, it can't. 60mph is about all you're going to do. They also don't provide haynes manuals for bikes like these because they're air cooled 4 strokers which are relatively robust and simple to maintain. You don't need nor want to fettle with a machine like this. Sorry to dissapoint you, you're going to have to grin and bear it. I had an XR for a year so i know how you feel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

alex_t
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:44 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably still needs a little more running in, not to worry Smile who chaning the size of the sprocket help u think get a little more out of it?
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 53 days between these two posts...

108dave
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 02:59 - 24 Jun 2007    Post subject: speedo wrong on the xt125 Reply with quote

i had this with my xt it does more the the speedos rong take it to you dealer and say its wrong it happend to me and the use that dash on 2 bikes witch have diffrent size wheels so they set it wrong some times
ne one wanting to fix the problem themselvels all you have to do is tke your fuse out wait 5 seconds put it back in you das will flash endu or motd when it flashes on motd have the mode button for 5 seconds and it will reset the dash for the right tyres oh and your xt tops out at about 75 - 80 down hill and about 65 - 67 on the flat i get 60 with some one on the back lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Resurrection
Ballast Boy

PostPosted: 04:45 - 24 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure hes ok now dave as the thread is well over a year old

Res

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 24 Jun 2007    Post subject: Re: speedo wrong on the xt125 Reply with quote

108dave wrote:
i had this with my xt it does more the the speedos rong take it to you dealer and say its wrong it happend to me and the use that dash on 2 bikes witch have diffrent size wheels so they set it wrong some times
ne one wanting to fix the problem themselvels all you have to do is tke your fuse out wait 5 seconds put it back in you das will flash endu or motd when it flashes on motd have the mode button for 5 seconds and it will reset the dash for the right tyres oh and your xt tops out at about 75 - 80 down hill and about 65 - 67 on the flat i get 60 with some one on the back lol

And again in English please? Rolling Eyes

Faraz
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:19 - 24 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an '05 one and it does 65ish and has always done since my dad bought it new.

Faraz.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nasht98
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:40 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv got an o6 xt125x and got 64mph out of it last night on a flat road! Somethings wrong like people have said!
Tony

mistman
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

well with a 15 tooth sprocket on the front (rather than the 14 ) i have seen 74mph on the xt125r there are no restriction on the ike just replace the end can for that better sound o and about 1 hp more power output

smithy1219
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 11 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done 72 mph on my 57 xt125r. that was once it was run in so maybe there is something wrong or it just needs to be run in. Still would have thought it would do a bit more than 47mph though.

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:25 - 12 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread is years old
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 273 days between these two posts...

misterdave
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:58 - 10 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey seeing as this is a rather old post, is there a definitive yes or no to things such as;
Restriction
end can [speed increase]
making the bloody things move faster?

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 11 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said it before....

this post is years old Very Happy

they are no know factory restrictor kit,
the bike is designed to get to 60 and thats about it,

a few things may help, change the carb to one larger,
change out the exhaust to something free'r flowing,
advance the timing by a couple of degree's

you could get more if you were willing to do a cam grind
port the inlet and exhausts, increase the compression or fit a bigger bore
there are also different cdi's avalable

https://www.procycle.us/bikepages/ttr125.html

all the stuff is available for the ttr125 which shares the same bore and stroke,

you can get a 150cc kit complete with cams for not alot of money, couple that to a decent carb probably around a 26-28mm carb
and a new exhaust and you should be away laughing,

people report a 40% increase in power, not that its much 8 hp to 13 Very Happy better than zip though

misterdave
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:15 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply this may seem like a silly question (excuse me if it is) but would the majority of the parts on the procycle website
( https://www.procycle.us/bikepages/ttr125.html#exhaust ) fit the xt125x?
and how hard / easy is it to fit the BBR big bore kit, I am a complete novice but have a friend who has a bit of experience in motor repairs and such, also my little brother is a semi trained mechanic
[gosh weird looking to my little brother for help, how times have changed Smile ]

plazydays
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:39 - 01 May 2010    Post subject: Derestrict Yamaha XT125 Reply with quote

Very Happy
I know this is an old post but I thought I would add my 2pence worth for others to see.
The exhaust has a Cat at the bottom. Take off the exhaust, grind the Cat over and remove the inserts. Weld it back up and you'll end up with an increase in performance and even better, use less fuel.
The Cat only works well when really hot but is still restricting the flow of gases from the exhaust. Easy fix and will not cost the earth. you could then follow up with an after market rear can. This will also inprove the BHP of the bike and give it a more throaty sound. Stick to the road legal versions though as any increase from the standard 12BHP on L Plates, if proven could invalidate the insurance.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:57 - 01 May 2010    Post subject: Re: Derestrict Yamaha XT125 Reply with quote

plazydays wrote:
Very Happy
I know this is an old post but I thought I would add my 2pence worth for others to see.
The exhaust has a Cat at the bottom. Take off the exhaust, grind the Cat over and remove the inserts. Weld it back up and you'll end up with an increase in performance and even better, use less fuel.
The Cat only works well when really hot but is still restricting the flow of gases from the exhaust. Easy fix and will not cost the earth. you could then follow up with an after market rear can. This will also inprove the BHP of the bike and give it a more throaty sound. Stick to the road legal versions though as any increase from the standard 12BHP on L Plates, if proven could invalidate the insurance.

Upto 14.6hp will be fine..
Good luck getting it there..

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:50 - 02 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not restricted. ITS A 4 STROKE!!!! ITS A 125!!! BUY A BIGGER BIKE!

plazydays
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:38 - 02 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUG wrote:

Beg to differ!!!!!!!! Its not restricted in the sense that it was designed with a larger BHP and then reduced. The four stroke on an XT was built with 12BHP in mind. Any vehicle with a CAT Converter on is restricted as it does not allow the engine to breath as well as it could. Although on a car, if you removed it, when it came to an MOT, the gases would would higher and you would face a failure, Bikes are not yet tested for emissions as far as I know so it would increase the BHP with any repercussions. Hence my post. I should know as I have currently just done one myself for a lad.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:12 - 02 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

plazydays wrote:
TUG wrote:

Beg to differ!!!!!!!! Its not restricted in the sense that it was designed with a larger BHP and then reduced. The four stroke on an XT was built with 12BHP in mind. Any vehicle with a CAT Converter on is restricted as it does not allow the engine to breath as well as it could. Although on a car, if you removed it, when it came to an MOT, the gases would would higher and you would face a failure, Bikes are not yet tested for emissions as far as I know so it would increase the BHP with any repercussions. Hence my post. I should know as I have currently just done one myself for a lad.

But..it doesnt restrict the power..
Well not enough to cause a noticeable power increase.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 11:38 - 02 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

plazydays wrote:
Any vehicle with a CAT Converter on is restricted as it does not allow the engine to breath as well as it could.

A well designed cat shouldn't restrict flow at all, while taking the contents of the cat out will leave a bulge in the exhaust which could have some odd effects.

All the best

Keith

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 02 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK 125's are restricted.

Some via ecu, some via exhaust, some via carb and some using all of them.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:16 - 02 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paxovasa wrote:
UK 125 2 strokes are restricted.

Some via ecu, some via exhaust, some via carb and some using all of them.

4 strokes are NOT restricted..

Its pitiful trying to think otherwise..

It will not go faster for much longer if you do start fiddling...

plazydays
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:26 - 02 May 2010    Post subject: No Argument Reply with quote

As a trained mechanic since 1989 and working on them ever since, try this web site which backs up what I have already said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter.

Read the section about negatives which as well as the rest and you will clearly see that the Cat restricts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2