Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tax doesn't have to be taxing...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:08 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Tax doesn't have to be taxing... Reply with quote

... Yes it fucking well does!

After being on a week one code for 3 agency jobs from 2004/05 and 2005/06 I finally decided to try and claim my tax back last month...

Went into tax office with all my payslips and P60's... They told me they owe me quite a bit of money... So they went to write me a cheque... When I told them I had another form here from a Trust Payment (form R185).

They then told me I now have to Self Assess for the last couple of years to claim the money owed back to me as I had recieved a trust payment...

Fair enough I thought, and waited 3 weeks for the forms to be sent.

Phoned up, they said they sent them... Realised I could do my SA online so requested that they post me a letter with my UTR on, so I could register to SA online...

Finally managed to sort out my online registration after waitiing a week for the PIN code to be posted to me, only to find out I can ONLY SELF ASSESS FOR THIS CURRENT YEAR!!!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the random Karma bash queenie.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 01:07 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
Cheers for the random Karma bash queenie.

He loves you really, it is just his way of showing you Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:10 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SAME WAY DADDY DID

[sadface]

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr, I really want this DAS money Sad

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 19:59 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Xmas our company's accounts assistant pointed out I was on emergency tax. I was immediately on the phone to the Inland Revenue and a month later I got £1000 tax back and now pay £100 less tax a month! Cool

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:41 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i found this an interesting post as i was on mergency tax for several years and have no idea if i can get it back as i dont have many of the pay slips any more.

A few times I rang the tax office, and was told i would get paid it on my next pay slip, but it never happened.

Another time I was sent something in the post which I think was something about me being able to claim tax back if I listed everywhere I had worked and found all my pay slips.

Dunno where that went.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin have you still got your P60 and P2 forms?

P45's at a push.

Do what I did, go to your tax office and dump a load of papers on their desk and smile sweetly.

If you're only working one job and not receiving payments anywhere else you shouldn't have to Self Assess, I was about to be handing a cheque for a large amount of money when I revealed I recieved a trust payment last year.

Now I'm SAing every year Sad

culpan
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 01:56 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had a similar thing with the tax. They had me in the wrong tax bracket, so when this new year came up they contacted me but I had changed jobs and had to send p60's and payslips and show dates of unemployment etc. After about 4 months of sending bits of paper back and forth they finally sent me a cheque for 15 quid Shocked

Now that is probably less than the hourly rate they are paying the accountant that sorted out the tax mistake they made in the first place, which I will have to pay for via every other tax I am paying.

Got to love bureaucracy Thumbs Up

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:53 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest i doubt i have enough paperwork. I have worked loads of agency jobs and as the cv i use is deliberately inaccurate on employment dates, I have no idea of my true employment dates at various jobs.

I shd have a go at piecing something together really tho.

RealNinja
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin, if I were you I would go into the tax office and explain your situation.

Generally the tax people are quite helpful and freindly, and even if they can't sort your problem out for you they will at least be able to tell you if they owe you any money.

As daft as it sounds you are responcible for claiming overpaid tax back, they don't have to 'offer it'.

Makes you wonder exactly how much extra money the government makes through these mistakes?!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1