which PDA?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 11:08 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: which PDA? Reply with quote

I looks like my iPAQ is properly dead Neutral

plugged it into the computer last night to charge and synch it and it started, what appeared to be a soft reset. It stopped with the progress bar at about 75%, the screen went dark, a single pixel line appeared on the screen and then nothing.

Soft reset, hard reset, removing the battery and leaving it to discharge the internal memory.. nothing.

I liked the rx3715, decent internal memory, SD slot, bluetooth and wifi. Don't need the camera tho.
I used it primarily for checking Email on the move, GPS, and MP3 playback. I was just working out how to convert recorded telly from the mediacenter onto it too.

Any recommendations? Windows based, as that's what my GPS software runs on.

a

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 11:47 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking this, since it seems the Siemens SX66 isn't available in the UK.

https://www.totalpda.co.uk/Qtek-9000-PDA-Phone.aspx

a

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally wouldn't go for that model as its like a house brick in my opinion (and totalpda are who i work for BTW) plus its also a bit expensive.

do you want an all in one PDA/phone?

just out of curiosity plug your iPAQ directly into the mains charger then press and release the reset button loads of times...if nothing happens then leave it charging for about 30 mins then do the same thing again...it shold come back to life and if it doesn't then its probably dead. what model was it?

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot

PostPosted: 13:27 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at replacing my ageing iPaq with an all in one PDA/phone

what's your recommendation?

Is the XDA/Ecec any good?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ali-b
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:49 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an HP5550 up for sale, sounds like you want the PDA only and not the GPS I was selling it with, but someone else on here wants the GPS so if you wanted the HP5550 then I could sell both and you'd both be happy Smile

A.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 14:52 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1z3R wrote:
do you want an all in one PDA/phone?

Quote:
just out of curiosity plug your iPAQ directly into the mains charger then press and release the reset button loads of times...if nothing happens then leave it charging for about 30 mins then do the same thing again...it shold come back to life and if it doesn't then its probably dead. what model was it?

Did all that.. was nearly fully charged when it died anyway.

was an rx3715.

Incidentally, your pricematch, doesn't Very Happy

I've used totalpda/gps for stuff in the past, and would rather go with them. But Rankhour.com can do the Qtek 9000 for £576.98 including VAT and next working day delivery.

The guy at TotalPDA I spoke to refused to match the price, despite your website saying...

Quote:
Lowest Prices on the Web – Guaranteed.

We check prices across the web and high street everyday to ensure that we bring you the best deal possible. We are so confident that our prices are the lowest around that we offer a Price Match Promise.

so where's the guarantee Wink

a

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno mate like i said in my PM im IT.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still recommend the Dell Axim X51v fully loaded with bluetooth and wireless. Thumbs Up

Or go Blackberry Thumbs Up

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offtopic here, but I bought a reconditioned Axim x30 from TotalPDA a few months back, can't fault the service. Had two issues (battery was dead and the cradle was missing), both sorted inside of two days. I'll certainly be using them again.

Slightly more on topic, I've been impressed by the x30, bought it mainly as a remote for the media system and the x10 setup but it's proven incredibly versatile and a damn sight more powerful than I expected. Plus with a 2gig SD card it's got more than enough space for music and even a film or three (or a series of Black Books Wink)If the x50 is anywhere near as good then I can't see it being a bad buy. Only thing I find myself wishing for is a higher rez screen and slightly less flakey A2DP support, both of which the x50v has if memory serves (damn Dell for the lack of x30 WM2005 support Confused).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1