Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Short term broadband?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 02:07 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Short term broadband? Reply with quote

I'm a bit lazy here, and possibly also behind the times, but is it possible to get broadband for, say, 3-6 months without suffering a penalty?

May need to rent for a little while our house purchase goes through, so thinking about the implications.

Cheers,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 02:10 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlusNet have a minimum of a month contract period, don't recall seeing any lower.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:11 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you can cancel Bulldog at any time, as well.

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

F2S also have monthly contracts too, and they're consistantly one of the best ISP's.

Virgin (Ntl) also offer month to month contracts also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 10:09 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nildram only ask for 1 months notice to cancel.

www.nildram.net

Thumbs Up

djr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 10 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.adslguide.org/isps/compare.asp?bulldog=ON&f2s=ON&nildram=ON&plusnet=ON&virginnet=ON&zen=ON&cmp_action=Compare

I'd go zen personally Smile. They also have 1 month contracts and are just about the best ISP that exists in the UK today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:24 - 10 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
PlusNet have a minimum of a month contract period, don't recall seeing any lower.

I have just started a contract with these guys. Started it a week ago on sunday. The line will be activated apparently this coming saturday (near on 2 weeks) and the hardware and log on info sent out afterwards.

Not impressed at the time taken to be honest. And I'm already hearing horror stories about them being slow.

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 10 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
I have just started a contract with these guys. Started it a week ago on sunday. The line will be activated apparently this coming saturday (near on 2 weeks) and the hardware and log on info sent out afterwards.

Its hardly PlusNets fault, its BT whom drag their heels when it comes to line activation though usually they take around 7-10 or longer depending if they can be bothered to activate you sooner.

djr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 10 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig- wrote:
instigator wrote:

Its hardly PlusNets fault, its BT whom drag their heels when it comes to line activation though usually they take around 7-10 or longer depending if they can be bothered to activate you sooner.

Half true... nothing stopping plusnet getting the hardware and logon details out BEFORE bt have pulled their heads out of their bum holes though... no need to delay further.

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 00:24 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

We've just had our tenancy preliminarily accepted, just waiting for a final move in date confirmation from the landlord...

Given this situation, would be wise/possible to get in touch with BT to get the phone activated (for phone), and then onto one of the broadband companies once I have a telephone number? All this before I move in...?

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig- wrote:
instigator wrote:

It's plusnets fault for taking 6 working days to get BT onto getting it activated!!! Evil or Very Mad Well according to their order tracking anyway. 6 days of jsut sitting on my details, not doing a thing.

John C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
It's plusnets fault for taking 6 working days to get BT onto getting it activated!!! Evil or Very Mad Well according to their order tracking anyway. 6 days of jsut sitting on my details, not doing a thing.

Wait 'till you hit the download limits. You'll love plusnet then.
Broadband Plus has a 'Fair use policy'....(Fair use my arse Rolling Eyes )

Go for Premier if you can. Thumbs Up

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSRSparkie wrote:
instigator wrote:

Wait 'till you hit the download limits. You'll love plusnet then.
Broadband Plus has a 'Fair use policy'....(Fair use my arse Rolling Eyes )

Go for Premier if you can. Thumbs Up

Nah it's for my "mumsie" who probably uses the internet for all of 3 hours a week. Laughing Thumbs Up

John C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
Nah it's for my "mumsie" who probably uses the internet for all of 3 hours a week. Laughing Thumbs Up

Thats what she tells you. She actually downloads GB's of lesbian p0rn in the middle of the night whilst your in bed. Thumbs Up Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 355 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1