Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ARGHHHHHHH!!!! FFS!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 17:32 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: ARGHHHHHHH!!!! FFS! Reply with quote

I'm slowly coming to the end of my tether, thanks to patronising government and council adverts about how they are spending my money to collect more of my money!

If you listen to the radio, there's talk of Congestion Charges, Property Licenses, TV licenses, Road Fund Licenses, etc. The local council sends me round glossy leaflets about litter fines/parking fines/council tax fines, while Red Ken, having taken £50 of my money in a bus lane fine, includes a patronising leaflet with the invoice - telling me how I was mysteriously and selfishly holding up 18 million people on the bus that wasn't behind me! You patronising shit!

There is no way of getting away with any of these things, they are prosecuted more fiercely than hijackers, murderers or terrorists suspects, while the government get on TV and tell us how they are not raising taxes!

But, as I mentioned, the worst bit is not the actual charges themselves, so much as the patronising "we're doing it for your own good" adverts for them, on and in every known media, throughout the day and night!

FUCK OFF YOU PRICKS! I've paid the damn charge, do I have to keep on listening to some twat tell me how great you are for taking my money!?!

[/rant]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 18:11 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are conditioning everyone to just accept it rather than stand up and tell em to fuck off. Pretty soon 85% of your wages will be taxed from you and the rest you'll have to spend how the government tell you too.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 18:15 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's painful, but I'm forced to agree with Zaf on politics!

Wink

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 18:16 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
Pretty soon 85% of your wages will be taxed from you and the rest you'll have to spend how the government tell you too.

Communism Shocked

zaknafien

PostPosted: 18:20 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Communism Shocked

In alot of communist states you have far more freedom than you do in the UK it's just in different areas.

Our governments are also much better at hiding the bad stuff.

Last edited by zaknafien on 18:21 - 16 May 2006; edited 1 time in total

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:21 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Robin Hood days.
We need more men in tights.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:24 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I'm pissed off with all the "We Know Where You Live Adverts"

I don't work and sign on,
I don't own untaxed vehicles
Or have a telly without a licence
etc etc

So, stop bombarding me with bloody adverts telling me not to do it!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
We need more men in tights.

FUCK THAT!!! Laughing

https://www.parliament.uk/images/hop/lords_pic.jpg

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I'm pissed off with all the "We Know Where You Live Adverts"

Oh I agree, and that goes for the TV license, Inland Revenue and 'Big brother is watching you' CCTV posters. They really are quite sinister and aggressive, the latter is a like a veiled threat to the less compliant citizen, a sign of what is to come with ID cards and the Database.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 15:40 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:

Welcome to Nazi UK.

Awesome, where do I get my armband and I wanna join the SS Shocked

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:13 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are on the topic, perhaps someone can help me understand the following.

Why, when we have a hosepipe ban and the government are pressing for drought orders, are the water companies allowed to post record profits?

They are paid a lot of money to provide a service. There may well be reasons why they are struggling to do so, but how can they justify generating record levels of profit for shareholders at the same time as restricting the provision of services?

They chose to get into that line of business, it doesn't matter how economical they consider pipe-repairs to be, they should be carrying them out BEFORE they start making sweeping cuts to our water usage.

The Telegraph today reports that the water companies are collectively leaking over 3.5 BILLION litres of water EVERY DAY - and that the leakages fall into what the government sees as acceptable!

I just cannot believe that the companies and government are getting away with this, with noone talking about fines.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:11 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:

And then the cunts think they can order us not to use the fucking stuff we're paying through the nose for!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I broadly agree with the rest of your post - the worst bit about the quote above is that there is very little chance to protest against the measures, or resist them, because they will just cut the water supplies off.

It's disgraceful really - and even if it were not all down to money, it would be disgraceful that the north/scotland/wales all wallow in excess water, while the south that subsidises them is on starvation rations.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utility sellout was a Margret Hilda Thatcher ploy to secure pensions for her pals by stealing property from the public and cunningly selling it all back to us, so we could 'share in the profits'..... Laughing

I think lots of folks took the first good offer for shares they could get.

I saw this shite coming down and never bought into it.
Same as I never paid her bloody Poll Tax either. I was jailed for fighting an unjust tax.

I see her now sitting in parliament like the bag of shite she always was. Lady? My hole.

So please do not go mental on our current Government.

They had nowt left to play with. Thatcher spent/blew all the money.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:42 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:

No, we just need politicians who are paid a salary that'll allow them to feel the effects of their own legislation.

Oh boy, wouldn't we see a fucking change then.

Hows about we flip that round?

What about paying them a salary that attracts the sort of people who know what the flying fuck they are doing.

For example, Chancellor of the Exchequer. Why doesn't this person hold a masters degree in economics and have twenty years experience of running a successful company?

Because the person I have described wouldn't get out of bed in the morning for what they pay a member of the cabinet.

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
This shithole country's basic operating philosophy is very simple: Live to Work.

Whatever you earn, the scum running the show will find a way to take off of you every single last penny you don't need just to stay alive.

Unless you're in the in-crowd (one of the top 5% parasites).

TB fucking F...Taxes, Bills & Fines, and most of them totally without merit.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Run off to Japan before it's to late. Smile

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 23:06 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

Same as I never paid her bloody Poll Tax either. I was jailed for fighting an unjust tax.

Ironic that the Council Tax is far higher, and far less fair, than the Poll Tax ever was.

Quote:

So please do not go mental on our current Government.

They had nowt left to play with. Thatcher spent/blew all the money.

Bull.

They inherited a stable economy, and have proceeded to waste money left/right/centre whilst allowing a culture of high charges/taxes/fines/licenses to propagate throughout the country.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:11 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
They inherited a stable economy, and have proceeded to waste money left/right/centre whilst allowing a culture of high charges/taxes/fines/licenses to propagate throughout the country.

Too right. How much money does it waste collecting government income from as many small hidden areas that they can. Wasting money on pointless bureaucracy (SORN for example), and measuring everyting even if doing the measuring costs more than you could every hope to save by making things more efficient.

All the best

Keith

gammamanuk
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:19 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooner or later we will have to pay for the air we breathe and for moment we walk out the front door, right you just walked on a public footpath, that will be... please... Rolling Eyes Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1