Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

anyone good with shares?need advice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

brettking24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:37 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: anyone good with shares?need advice Reply with quote

Hi i hve shares with my work (tesco)and they were sold today but will get txed as i sold them early,i was told that they will sell today but the thing im not sure about is that what part of the day will they be sold?will they be sold when there at their highest?

BigChris
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:30 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they can be sold at any time during the day and what normally happens is an average or agreed price of sale is made for the day.

Hence, just because you see the prices at £20 per share, doesnt mean you'll get them. You may get £12, which would have been the average, or an pre-arranged time to assess share price.

Sorry bud. Cant get out of taxes either Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

brettking24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:33 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: just seen this Reply with quote

just seen this on the tesco site-
Detailed Share Price Information EPIC TSCO Exchange London Stock Exchange
Last sale 320.42p Currency GBX
Last close 319.75p Market capital 25159.60M
Best bid 318.50p Shares in issue 7899.403M
Best offer 318.75p P/E ratio 16.16
Day high 325.50p Dividend yield 3%
Day low 315.00p 52 week high 346.00p
Day volume 87,843,843 52 week low 294.75p

does that mean i will get them at 320.42?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can sort of dodge the tax on them , the capital gains tax , by doing one of three things:

investing in as business

investing under the small enterprise scheme

investing under the VCT scheme

You might want to ask babyyamm as I've forgotten this bit but its not a short term measure and you have to keep them for 4-5 years , and in the case of a business ie opening one you will never escape the tax net unless you keep reinvesting till the day you retire and die (and then you'll get fucked while lying in your grave I recall this woman dead for 10 years and was still paying tax).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get a load free every year as well.

it's a bigger company than tesco's but will still be the same i think

you can sell them after 3 years but pay tax on them.

after 5 years you can sell them tax free

they sell the shares every thursday at 12 o'clock

aprilia rs125 - suzuki gsxr400rrsp 1990 - yamaha yzf600r thundercat - honda hornet 6

DAF
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:20 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading between the lines I'm assuming you've sold out early from a Share Incentive Plan. If that's the case your Plan Trustee should be able to give you the price they were sold for. There's no telling what that price is on the day itself and it's possible your sale order was bulked together with other sale orders, either by the Plan Trustee or by the Trustee's stockbroker, with the aim of getting a better price.

Any tax (basic rate) and NIC arising through early sale of SIP shares will normally be deducted through PAYE.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1