Me? Finished? Pah...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

oneil sg1
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 12 May 2006    Post subject: 94 RR-R Reply with quote

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/stevezxr/newblade001.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 18:35 - 12 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming along nicely Steve Thumbs Up

Is that a left hand heelplate on the right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

oneil sg1
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 12 May 2006    Post subject: spotted Reply with quote

Thanks Craig,
You are correct, I was putting it all together( foot rests etc) Local mot chappie said he,d fit her in,within the hour. Bit of a rush job,all sorted now.

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 13:23 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got bored, more stuff, wonder what's next Confused

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/cowl3.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/cowl1.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/cowl2.jpg

(Wasn't sure if the white would go as I thought it might be too white (had considered spraying it purple). Blends better than I thought, even though the white is a shade too cream (or am I the only one who can see that?)

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wrong shade doesnt show in the photo due to the brilliant sun shine, take a picture of it in the garage (shade) and we'll see.

looks good, leave it as is now / ride it/ borrow my bike and tart it up Laughing

oneil sg1
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: looking nice. Reply with quote

Looks better each time I see her Craig.
What happened to the other seat cover , Wink
Is that a hinged one or just a clip on?
Did you junk the fender extender ?

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 17:49 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, been trying to keep to my word in keeping her in good condition. I've been noticing people taking pics of the bike at meets recently - seems to be attracting a bit of attention whenever the sun's out guaging the occasional group of fellow bikers she attracts. Can tell they're interested, as some start peering into the fairings and suspension linkages (just to be blinded of course (see below)) One chap even came up to me asking if the paint was original Confused Shocked

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC01589.jpg

The standard seat covers safely stored away, I sold the one which came with the bike as patches of laquer came off when I removed the Renthal stickers Embarassed Not to worry, as I bought this one recently off Ebay for only a few quid more (I've gone through 3 other cowls trying to find an appropriate 1 (2 clip ons plus a whole single seat unit) - none of them were good enough quality to adorn the bike, until this one of course Wink I was in two minds whether to opt for a single seat, but after scaring a couple of pillions, plus getting hold of a Harris exhaust hanger, thought what-the-heck.

The cowl's a hinged one, so the bootspace is still accessible (picked a toolkit and manual off Ebay a few months back for authencity (then cleaned them before it went in)). The fender extender's still in place - it's nice and discreet (like the new hugger) and helps keep my downpipes shiney Smile

oneil sg1
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: looking nice. Reply with quote

Funny how a small peice of plastic/carbon fibre can save you so much hassle.When I had a blade like that,I was grateful for the amount of protection to the front of the engine block+down pipes,the extender gave.Mind you mine only had standard black painted jobbies on. Wink

Dark
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon thats the tidiest '92 blade i've seen in the last 10 years. Hats off to ya Craig Thumbs Up

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 18:02 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Dark Thumbs Up I'm sure I'd find some more things to do on it though.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure if you showed these pics of your bike to a honda advertising exec, they would offer you a 5-figure sum for the bike for use in commercials/advertising, or just for a museum.

Thanks for your advice on polishing my frame by the way, i love being able to see my own reflection in it Mr. Green

Just to add the final bling, i need some autosol fine, but haven't come across any. Would belgom alu be any good? i've heard it's a cracking polish.

Jack

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 10:48 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, not sure about that, the Blade's not that clean.

I haven't found any finer grades of Autosol either, although it's been mentioned on the forum a couple of times. Belgom Alu is very good stuff - leaves a layer of protection as well. However, I found it didn't work too well on my RVF's frame; it looked fine when applied, but as the frame got hot, it lost some of its sheene - maybe the wax protection didn't like the temperature increase too well?

I used Brasso instead for the RVF frame.

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great pic up there ^. Thumbs Up So so very shiny. Shocked

Do you carry around a special mat to wipe your feet on before getting on that bike?

It is bordering on the obsessive but I think I'd do the same with that bike, it is a classic to be well looked after.

In one of those pictures I'm sure I can see someone looking out of a window in the background, probably saying "bloody hell, look, he's out there again cleaning that bloody bike again. That's the third time today, now he's taking more pictures of it. I wonder if he'll sleep next to it on the driveway again tonight" Wink

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 18:37 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

akaDAVE wrote:

Do you carry around a special mat to wipe your feet on before getting on that bike?

It is bordering on the obsessive but I think I'd do the same with that bike, it is a classic to be well looked after.

Thanks, I make do without a mat - there's not usually many puddles to splash through so my boots are usually clean when getting on the bike Wink

Bordering on the obsessive? And there was I thinking most people thought I was suffering from full blown OCD - only applies to certain bikes funnily enough....the KL250 I used over winter was proudly kept as my best shining example of a rat bike - although I did hand paint 3/4 of it with black Hammerite to cover up the rusty bits before handing it back to its owners.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought i'd read such blasphemy Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3