Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Touring screen for Deauville

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Runt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 04 Apr 2006    Post subject: Touring screen for Deauville Reply with quote

Trying to find a good place to buy a touring screen for my 03 Deauville, anyone able to help?

tonyyzf
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:13 - 04 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skidmarx do three screens for the deauville, standard, flip or super high, which to be honest is too high unless you're really tall. Prices range from £39 - £50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Runt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information

Runt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:50 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tool a look at the Skidmarx srceen and also found a Vario screen with a small wing fitted. Though it was twice the price.
Does anyone know if this Vario setup is any better or worse than a tall ST1100 style screen.
I want to do motorway and back roads with the missus on the back and she has got to be comfy after all.

Runt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at 5ft 10in I wouldnt have said I was very tall but I bought the ST1100 style screen from skidmarx and have to say I'm not overly impressed.
With the origional screen fitted I could happily cruise around at 30-40mph without the wind causing to much annoyance but now the wind blast is directed straight into my face so its visor down at anything above 30mph.
Dont get me wrong I can drop down behind the screen at motorway speeds and its silent almost with no wind blast at all but I didnt buy a sports bike and dont want to have to crouch over like an old man the whole way.
So after that long drawn out moan does anyone have any ideas as to what i may be able to do in the way of mods or a recommended different screen.

slash
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

givi do a pretty good one for the deauville which i think is around the £60 mark or there is the good ol honda screen which is £100.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:36 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

honda extended screen at £50 on ebay last time i looked

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Honda-Deauville-Extended-wind-sheild-screen_W0QQitemZ8065264339QQcategoryZ10460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

vario one
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MRA-VARIO-SCREEN-FITS-HONDA-DEAUVILLE-DEVILLE-NTV_W0QQitemZ8064116560QQcategoryZ10460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Runt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions guys, think i'll have to do some more investigation as I dont want to go buying another screen to find its also a problem.
Now if anyone reading this actually owns a Deauville with a tall screen and happens to be 5ft10 /6ft AND has no wind problems then please drop a line and tell me which one it is.
In fact i think i'll go try and find a wind tunnel going cheap Very Happy

marapets
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:34 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah skidmarx i find really helpful

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 15:25 - 21 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad has a Deauville, he bought it second hand and it came with the extended Honda screen.

About your height. He can sit on it wwith his visor up in most condition's and be fine. Does the trick.

tonyyzf
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:30 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if my info about the skidmarx screens ended up with you buying an unsuitable screen, my mate bought the tall one from them and when he sits on the bike he is looking through screen, he can't see over the top of it, he's about 5'8", he was off the impression it is too high.

Runt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey don't apologise Tonyyzf if you hadnt mentioned it I probably would have bought the Skidmarx anyway just would have meant a bit longer messing about searching is all.
Thanks for that info Reuben I'll have to go check one out.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 359 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1