Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2008 Kwaki Ninja 250R

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 01:56 - 19 Feb 2008    Post subject: Re: first post Reply with quote

Why is every bitching about this gap between 125's and 600's have you heard of 500's?

They have around 50bhp which seems to me to be smack bang in the middle of the two classes 10-30bhp (125) 70-110bhp (600), there small not much bigger than a 125 and they are even chucking tarty fairings on them now, ER/GS/CB. They suck compared to a decent 600 but beat the bollocks off of a 125/250.

The reason the bike companies aren't making 250/400 road bikes is because it is not profitable. Not enough people will buy them new to cover the cost of developing them, when they sold 400's over here I believe most where the same price if not more expensive than their 600 counterpart

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 19 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

500's looking tarty? I must of missed that, commonly they look like old man/commuter bikes.

In my way of following that up, ow many 17-23 year olds ride such a bike as opposed to a 250/400? Then, most use 6's as they're a better choice. A fair few stunters use 6's, no prizes for answers why.

chris-red

PostPosted: 18:41 - 19 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
500's looking tarty? I must of missed that, commonly they look like old man/commuter bikes.

In my way of following that up, ow many 17-23 year olds ride such a bike as opposed to a 250/400? Then, most use 6's as they're a better choice. A fair few stunters use 6's, no prizes for answers why.

I don't really understand your post but I ride a 500 and a 600, I got the 6 @19 and the 5 @ 20 The 5 sucks in comparasion. By all means get a 6 there much better (generally) but people are complaining there is no step between 125's and 600's, clearly there is.

And heres a tarty 5 for ya,

https://www.suzuki-bikes.com/images/2004GS500F.jpg

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 19 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, wouldn't of know. Thumbs Up

And I agree........ 400's are the perfect 'middle gap'.

Meh, dunno. Neutral

Ghost
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:23 - 19 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is 400 sports bikes are a bit harder to come by, for instance theres only a few dozen on ebay at any one time compared to the hundreds of 600 sports bikes.

chris-red

PostPosted: 01:25 - 20 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

500's are cheaper to make and maintain, and have a wider appeal than the 4's, 400 were just sports 600's with a smaller engine therefore the cost difference between making a 600 and a 400 wouldn't be much, why would people buy a smaller cc bike brand new for roughly the same price as one a fair bit better and without much difference on the insurance.

Nb, I realise I am generalising between engine sizes, here is what I mean

500 - paralell (Sp) twin commutor type
600 IL4 sports or naked bike
400 IL4 Sports
250 - parralell twin 'sporty' attempt at a bike
125 - single leaner

david916
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:48 - 29 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to get a FREE 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R here https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=139799

Cool Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

tsmith
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:43 - 01 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:

i beg to differ

https://www.bikez.com/pictures/kawasaki/2002/19816_0_1_4_gpz%20500%20s_Image%20by%20Kawasaki.%20Published%20with%20permission..jpg

60bhp, 0-60 in 4 seconds and 130mph flat out. Only insurance group 8 as well. Can't really see the point in going with the 250

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 01 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you pass your test I think the 250's are the best idea. You have gearing suited to the amount of power they put out. And also give people who have passed their test recently something good to learn on.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:02 - 02 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomsmith wrote:
st3v3 wrote:

i beg to differ

https://www.bikez.com/pictures/kawasaki/2002/19816_0_1_4_gpz%20500%20s_Image%20by%20Kawasaki.%20Published%20with%20permission..jpg

60bhp, 0-60 in 4 seconds and 130mph flat out. Only insurance group 8 as well. Can't really see the point in going with the 250
I've also ridden with a guy on here with one and as much as it's a nice bike and I would use one, For me, it isn't particularly attractive but I'm a sportsbike person. My bike needs to look nice as well as be nice.
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 02 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode a GS500 and a CB500 during my DAS, not a bad bike but nowhere near as fun to ride as a sports 400.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 04 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.kawasaki-motors.com/mc/kinfo/08new/08ex250k.jsp
come to market in japan on 5th April, price is 498,000yen (inc. tax).
(about £2432)
ZZR250 is 534,450yen so Ninja250R seems to be bargain price here.
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/kawashima_/250.jpg
I didn't expect cheeper price compared to ZZR250.
This is damn cheap.

Rottweiler
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:22 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good but would prefer a rs250r.

£3000 is alot of money i think i would rather jst buy a 500/600 and restrict it.

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

And have a 250 that beats it?

purplemininut
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:43 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: 250 ninja eater? Reply with quote

wait wait wait.other little cc bikes youve got to consider is the new yamaha yzf125r basicly a trimed down r6. the lil ninja is new to the uk (been in america since 86) ive had 2 import 250 ninja's nice step up bikes. top a ton if you ring its neck but that top end isnt what intermedate bikes are about its about gaining confidence and experience mind you if your steping from a 2 stroke blitzer like the aprilia rs125 then i suppose no need for a 250 really just head for the cbr 600 and let rip. take care happy biking

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 07 Mar 2008    Post subject: Re: 250 ninja eater? Reply with quote

purplemininut wrote:
wait wait wait.other little cc bikes youve got to consider is the new yamaha yzf125r basicly a trimed down r6.
Not sure about that.

Phil_Norwich
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 08 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac_Kaliba wrote:

If I am immagining this then then please correct me but I HATE SKINNY TYRES, in my opinion they are dangerous and maybe manufacturers only put smaller wheels on their bikes to keep costs down?[/b]

The CBR125 has got skinny tyres and I know they look pretty crappy but they handle well. Its easy to lean them over, of the tyres are warm they'll pretty much do anything.

skiberd123
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:00 - 09 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh someone wrote on here how thinner tyres on a light bike are safer and more economical that fatter ones, something about a tendency to aquaplane in the wet if they are too wide?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TeddyCanuck
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 05:14 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the Ninja 250 is ok bike if you like small twins.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TeddyCanuck
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 05:14 - 12 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
Teddy Canuck - You need to read this - Clicky.

As Kickstart wrote in another thread:
Kickstart wrote:
By the rules I would say they are not flames as they are not targetted at an individual

As that "Clicky" says -
Quote:
Thumbs Down This post is A Flame:
Use this reason when a poster is making a deliberate attack on somebody else, but without using particularly bad language or racism.
Where did I insult you? I said that in my opinion that bike and it's parts wasn't positively like-able, I do get to have my own opinion which doesn't have to conform with you or yours.

I don't care about the Karma, it's the mis-use of the ratings.

Well, I guess I been served, huh?
A lengthy post about karma ratings from someone who "don't care about the Karma." Gotcha pal.
Current Bikes: 1973 Honda Cl350k5, 1976 Honda PC50k1, 1981 Honda C70 (6V) Passport, 1982 Honda C70 (12V)Passport, 1984 C70 Passport, 1989 Honda NSR125F Adriatico 2. In CANADA try: https://www.import-motorsports.org/ for cool performance sport-bikes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rocket_richie
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:58 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

uk price £2.999 Thumbs Up not bad. id still pref 2strokes on lower cc bikes tho

MattShill
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:56 - 09 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see the 250 selling that well really, its only advantage over a 400 or 500 is that it won't need restricting for a new rider. When you can pick up a bigger bike for about half the price and get it restricted on the cheap there's no point in paying through the nose for a brand new gutless commuter wrapped in plastic. With its styling it has the posing factor I guess, but it's a hell of a premium to pay for it.

'98 Kwak ER-5

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:50 - 09 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

God that bike looks shit, it should be taken and burned.

Disgrace to the Ninja name.

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:05 - 10 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt personally buy one, for a variety of reasons, however I really like the fact that kawasaki have taken this step to almost invent a sector of the market, I mean if your under 21 and pass your test at the moment you have:

older small cc sportsbikes: generally shagged nowadays, carry large premiums for what they are; you can generally get a newer 600 for the same amount of money as most 400s, offer nice handling/brakes/sporty power delivery when theyre in decent nick.

mid cc commuters: Wont get you a pull as easy, nothing is as good as a sportsbike except boring stuff, such as practicality, cheap insurance, laughs at you when you drop it, can be kept as a hack when your restriction is up.

600s: High insurance, you might die or get banned, newer ones are practically as light and flickable as 400s built with 80/90s materials.

I can see why people don't like it, I think anyone that buys a new bike is wasting their money a bit, and a warrentee isn't really a plus for me, and the all show, no go comments do have some merit to em

But yeah, the 'ninja' 250 makes the future look promising, I mean we've all seen videos of RS125s battling it out with litre bikes on twisty tracks, and with the law regarding age for the DAS changing soon hopefully we'll see more lighter bikes, even if this one isn't a good bike, the direction it's going in is interesting.

[edit] crikey, sorry about my tiny paragraphs, it ended up looking like one of colin1's posts Shocked [/]
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7