Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anti-feminism and SJW thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

the correlation is that they are both experienced by the mentally insane.

Not by up to date theory on body dysphoria. Its now thought that an unrealistic assessment of body image is quite normal during the early decades of life. As such its no longer seen as very diagnostically relevant in something like anorexia.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Not by up to date theory on body dysphoria. Its now thought that an unrealistic assessment of body image is quite normal during the early decades of life. As such its no longer seen as very diagnostically relevant in something like anorexia.

If you think about it how could it not be so just on the level of physicality. You might go from 4 foot nothing to 5 foot 10 in the space of a few of years - the brain literally cannot keep up with the growth changes for some people (i.e. clumsy teenagers clattering into things.) On top of that going from a carefree kid to someone contemplating a future Shocked Not enough stress? Let's throw sex into the equation.

That anyone comes out the other side even moderately sane is a marvel.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:50 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Cite your source please.

Someone with BDD will not be happy / cured after doing whatever harm it is that they do.

Someone with gender dysphoria will be happy once the changes have been made to their body.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Cite your source please.

Someone with BDD will not be happy / cured after doing whatever harm it is that they do.

Someone with gender dysphoria will be happy once the changes have been made to their body.

about half of post op trannies go on to suicide themselves.
thats a strange kind of happiness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Cite your source please.

Your source is your own imagination? Fair enough.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
about half of post op trannies go on to suicide themselves.
thats a strange kind of happiness.

Nothing strange about it. If you're unhappy with who you are no amount of surgery, hormones, etc.. is going to fix that.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:04 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

No, I was merely setting out out the very basics in plain English.

If you want to know more about the differences then have a read of some of these pages:
https://www.talkspace.com/blog/body-dysphoria-vs-dysmorphia/
https://www.endocrinekids.com/2016/11/25/the-difference-between-gender-dysphoria-and-body-dysmorphia/
https://www.montenido.com/transgender-anorexia-dysphoria-vs-dysmorphia/

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Nothing strange about it. If you're unhappy with who you are no amount of surgery, hormones, etc.. is going to fix that.

If I could get my hair back I would be over the moon.

A brief look at reports on literature to do with outcomes following gender reassignment seems to suggest there is a problem with getting good results for a majority but doesn't exclude that it is a good choice for some candidates. I suspect the problem is getting good quality assessment in the first place. Look at the NHS it has enough trouble treating bunions never mind something as complex as transexuality.

It must be s#1t to be so mentally misaligned with ones own gender to the point you would seriously consider surgery. It does seem to be more widespread than formely thought to be. So chances there will ever be appropriate resources put to the problem is slim, we can't even deal with well understood phenomena like depression ffs. If the Tories finally complete their mission to turn our health services over to the US healthcare corporations then the very profitable industry of never ending therapy will just have another condition to leach profits off.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:04 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I suspect the problem is getting good quality assessment in the first place. Look at the NHS it has enough trouble treating bunions never mind something as complex as transexuality.

It must be s#1t to be so mentally misaligned with ones own gender to the point you would seriously consider surgery. It does seem to be more widespread than formely thought to be.

That's why the Tavistock was closed.

The NHS is shutting down its gender identity clinic for children after a review found that it failed vulnerable under-18s.
It will be replaced by regional centres at existing children’s hospitals offering more “holistic care” with “strong links to mental health services”.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:52 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

No, I was merely setting out out the very basics in plain English.

If you want to know more about the differences then have a read of some of these pages:
https://www.talkspace.com/blog/body-dysphoria-vs-dysmorphia/
https://www.endocrinekids.com/2016/11/25/the-difference-between-gender-dysphoria-and-body-dysmorphia/
https://www.montenido.com/transgender-anorexia-dysphoria-vs-dysmorphia/

Those are propaganda sites, not medical or psychological research. Even on Monte Nido:

Quote:
Considering that the need for anorexia treatment is estimated to be four times higher in the transgender community than in the general population, understanding this issue is essential to helping this higher-risk community get the help they need at residential eating disorder treatment centers and elsewhere.

Just a coincidence I suppose. However:

Quote:
People with gender dysphoria are normally transgender.

Completely made up. The reality is that gender dysphoria is not particular unusual and most kids get over it and realise they're just gay. Normal, boring, run of the mill gay.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:43 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a personality is disturbed enough by their physical appearance that they resort to surgery/mutilation, then the problem quite obviously is not simply physical.

A person that has a notion to 'dismember' themselves should cause a giant bell to ring in the psychiatrist office.

Chopping bits off that function and are not detrimental to physical health is a mental problem.

Mental health simply doesn't yet know how to treat that ailment.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:31 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
If a personality is disturbed enough by their physical appearance that they resort to surgery/mutilation, then the problem quite obviously is not simply physical.

A person that has a notion to 'dismember' themselves should cause a giant bell to ring in the psychiatrist office.

Chopping bits off that function and are not detrimental to physical health is a mental problem.

Mental health simply doesn't yet know how to treat that ailment.

There is a very rare condition where a person feels that a limb is an alien appendage and the crave its removal. I cant remember the clinical term but in extreme cases amputation of the limb is seen as appropriate treatment because the individual will otherwise attempt to amputate it themselves. Humans are an extreme lifeform.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:02 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
There is a very rare condition where a person feels that a limb is an alien appendage and the crave its removal. I cant remember the clinical term but in extreme cases amputation of the limb is seen as appropriate treatment because the individual will otherwise attempt to amputate it themselves. Humans are an extreme lifeform.

That is effectively the mental health profession throwing up their hands and saying "we've failed." The core principle is to help a patient out of their disorder. Failing that at least train coping mechanisms. Affirming the disorder is a very last resort.

I've also known people to have a minimum use limb (less than 10% function remaining) amputated just to make claiming disability benefits easier Shocked

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 14 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the latest news in neuro-diversity...

The youth not turning up for work in the morning? They're not lazy, you bigot, they suffer the debilitating condition known as "Time Blindness"

https://www.verywellmind.com/causes-and-symptoms-of-time-blindness-in-adhd-5216523

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 14 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
And the latest news in neuro-diversity...

The youth not turning up for work in the morning? They're not lazy, you bigot, they suffer the debilitating condition known as "Time Blindness"

https://www.verywellmind.com/causes-and-symptoms-of-time-blindness-in-adhd-5216523

I think the key sentence in that was "While the process is not fully understood yet". Still they managed to cobble together an article which seemed to do nothing more than sell an "experience" of time that we can all recognise at some time or another such as checking the clock and seeing its still bloody hours until home time!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 14 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is I can kinda sympathise. I've had jobs... very, very way back in my youth that I literally counted the minutes nay! seconds till end of day. Afternoons going over accounts and popping caffeine pills Sad (before I had a decent line on some whizz.)

Such is life but I never wanted anyone to apologise for it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 15 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I think the key sentence in that was "While the process is not fully understood yet". Still they managed to cobble together an article which seemed to do nothing more than sell an "experience" of time that we can all recognise at some time or another such as checking the clock and seeing its still bloody hours until home time!

You just pump your brakes Sir.

That article was cobbled together from 'expert' opinions.

Shocked

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 16 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloke wins Miss Netherlands competition, and not in an ironic way.

Quote:
From the moment her name was called as the winner, Rikkie says she simply couldn't believe it.
"I was in full disbelief the moment they called my name, I was like 'oh my god, is this really happening'?" she says.

Me too, mate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-66176790
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 16 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I have to say it again: men are better than women. Men are also better at being women than women Neutral

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 16 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Do I have to say it again: men are better than women. Men are also better at being women than women Neutral

I guess it would take a man to be able to craft such a perfect example of how the patriarchy thinks a woman should be. We live in desperate times, there's just Andrew Tate and a few brave transexuals between us and the complete loss of proper feminity from the world.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 16 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Bloke wins Miss Netherlands competition, and not in an ironic way.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-66176790

It gets better.
Since he won the Miss Netherlands contest he will now be going on to compete in the Miss Universe contest....And that competition's now owned by another tranny...

https://media.tenor.com/EKIyPW4UfuYAAAAC/bert-sesame-street.gif

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 16 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the headline of that article makes no sense.....

Transgender businesswoman buys Miss Universe pageant for $20M
Anne Jakkapong Jakrajutatip, the CEO of the Thailand-based JKN Global Group, is the first woman to own the global beauty pageant organization.

Transgender buisness woman meaning a man. So man in womens clothes buys Miss Universe. Therefore man buys Miss Universe.

Mind you He/she/they whatever is probably the best looking tranny I've seen for a while. Almost rivalling the Singapore ladyboys you used to get down Bugis street in the 70's and 80's.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 16 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Mind you He/she/they whatever is probably the best looking tranny I've seen for a while. Almost rivalling the Singapore ladyboys you used to get down Bugis street in the 70's and 80's.

Speaking from experience Wink and err...
https://www.asiaone.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_main_image/public/original_images/Oct2022/20221027_anne_reuters.jpg?itok=D9dPDlup

Eh?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 17 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There are no chicks with dicks, only dudes with tits."

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 26 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonka: Hugh Grant casting criticised by actor with dwarfism

Hol' up! If we're not allowed to "height swap" what happens about all the "race swap" films? Thinking
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 60 of 64