Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.sky.com/story/government-loses-vote-on-publishing-brexit-impact-assessments-11108917

vote passed.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:05 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Itchy wrote:
May faciing binding vote to reveal and publish 58 Brexit impact studies.

Why would it damage negotiations to show people what a success Brexit will be?

They seem to be shit scared of anything being said, about anything

EU has published Brexit impact studies.

full Brexit impact assessment report from the European Parliament:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2017/595374/IPOL_STU(2017)595374_EN.pdf

tldr;: it is bad for all but UK is totally focced:

https://i.imgur.com/861HBkG.jpg

if you are antique dealer you will be fine, but the farmers are screwed big time

https://i.imgur.com/QgDJWAn.jpg

Note I am IT guy and collect antiques. Do I look bovvered Laughing

Who'd have thought the serfdom and peasants will get it eh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:19 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

How impartial and objective do you think those impact studies will be, given who has published them?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The impact studies will examine a whole range of scenarios from the sublime to the ridiculous, it's what government advisors do. Labour knows it's the ridiculous ones which will get all the attention, and as such it's a cynical ploy.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:50 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Well well well, those figures they produced support their argument beautifully. Who'd have thunk it?

Transparent fearmongering is transparent. Rolling Eyes
Many of us who voted out are happy for there to be a period of adjustment, even if we are collectively worse off
for a while. (I won't be) We just want out regardless of cost or it's possible negative impacts. Just out. Are we out yet?
Now please! Again, I reiterate: out. Asap. Not next week, not next month and not next year. O. U. T. Now. Bye bye,
so long, be seeing you, ta-ta and btw feel free (you'll soon have to look this word up) to stick all your rules up all of your
your brand new Khyber Passes. For me, it's a bit like cutting a manky hand off to save the arm. Can we fill the
tunnel in too please. Far too many rats coming through it for my taste. Yes I am an unrepentant racist, I'm afraid
the EUs obvious population swapping antics have made me that way. I strongly doubt I am alone in this way of thinking.
If you want in to the UK, then satisfy some stringent criteria and if you are what we are looking for, then welcome. Thumbs Up
If not, do one. Middle Finger Ask Germany for citizenship, they will accept literally any Muhammad, Mohammad or Muhamet
that rocks up. Good luck with that. Once we're out and away from EU interference we can start cracking down on our own
medievally minded infestation. After 30 years of this crap, rammed down our throats, some of us have had enough.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:56 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y6y6ngun5xkhi8/allgood.gif?raw=1

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:39 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

EU nurses 'turning their backs on UK'

Al Beeb wrote:
Since Brexit because Brexit with the Brexit referendum and Brexit then Brexit furthermore Brexit

The NMC pointed out this change in new joiners was also likely to have been influenced by the introduction of English language testing around the same time as the

Brexit vote in the summer of 2016 with Brexit in the Brexit on Brexit.

- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

full Brexit impact assessment report from the European Parliament:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2017/595374/IPOL_STU(2017)595374_EN.pdf

tldr;: it is bad for all but UK is totally focced:

https://i.imgur.com/861HBkG.jpg

if you are antique dealer you will be fine, but the farmers are screwed big time

https://i.imgur.com/QgDJWAn.jpg

Note I am IT guy and collect antiques. Do I look bovvered Laughing

Who'd have thought the serfdom and peasants will get it eh?

amusing you miss out the EEA option though, isn't it Wink?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Val wrote:

How impartial and objective do you think those impact studies will be, given who has published them?

I don't know.

Lets compare them with the UK studies....wait UK has not published any Laughing

Anyhow to say the studies are biased based on the fact the publisher is the EU is just BS. You don't have any facts that support your suggestion for bias. Pretty sure you haven't read the studies at all Laughing

FYI these are studies using data compiled from many different sources:

Ottaviano et al.
(2016)
LSE

Roja
-Romagosa
(2016),
NL Central
Planning Bureau

Aichele/Felberma
yr (2015)
IFO

Booth et al.
(2015) Open
Europe

UK Treasury
(2016)

OECD (2016)

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

It's very much on topic Roger...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:23 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:

It's very much on topic Roger...

If you have to say something use pictures for gawd sake tis for the hard of reading only thread.

Why do you hate Val?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

What is the point having Brexit if the UK goes for EEA?

Don't get me wrong that is the perfect option for EU.

But for the UK It's like being in the EU without any vote,MEPs or any saying on new policy.

Not that Brexit makes any sense with other options, but if the UK chickens out and chose EEA you'll be the biggest laughing stock of 21st century like ever Laughing

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

What is the point having Brexit if the UK goes for EEA?

Don't get me wrong that is the perfect option for EU.

But for the UK It's like being in the EU without any vote,MEPs or any saying on new policy.

Not that Brexit makes any sense with other options, but if the UK chickens out and chose EEA you'll be the biggest laughing stock of 21st century like ever Laughing

I knew you were abit thick, but this pretty much sums it up, this is the problem with remainers, they don't know what the Eu is, but go along with it regardless, you're as ill-informed as the hard brexiteers.

Seeing as the EU is importing most of the regulation from ISO, UNECE, CODEX and the like, what is the point of being part of 28 other parties arguing over one main position? to then put it on the top table against 160 other countries represented at these global regulators?

Norway and Switzerland didn't become 2 of the best places to live in the world, by being part of the EU

The single market is a rules based system, which the Eu does not own.

When you leave the Eu, you control vast swathes of policy completely including trade, agri, fisheries, migration, foreign aid, the lot, all of which has to be incorporated to make everything work in harmony, rather than this hotchpotch of random policies farmed out here, and badly run there, that is the point of brexit, to bring home decision making.

Also you were talking out of your partisan arse in the above post, you bloody well know the EU will have it's own biases when releasing position papers and downplay issues that occur, just like anyone does.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Lets compare them with the UK studies....wait UK has not published any Laughing

Anyhow to say the studies are biased based on the fact the publisher is the EU is just BS. You don't have any facts that support your suggestion for bias. Pretty sure you haven't read the studies at all Laughing

FYI these are studies using data compiled from many different sources:

Ottaviano et al.
(2016)
LSE

Roja
-Romagosa
(2016),
NL Central
Planning Bureau

Aichele/Felberma
yr (2015)
IFO

Booth et al.
(2015) Open
Europe

UK Treasury
(2016)

OECD (2016)

So lets pick these apart, LSE for example, is a terribly biased think tank towards the EU

Open Europe is pretty much the same as the above

Uk Treasury at the time was ran by George Osborne who forced out assessments that have been debunked many a time

OECD that relies on funding from the Eu

You don't do your research well at all do you?

i don't get it, Nato stops wars, if you're clever enough with enough money you can travel and work anywhere, so what is the big love for the Eu?

are you from some ex commie state which was saved by being brought under the Eu's wing or something? if you love the idea of European states working together, then you'll have no issues with EFTA.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

DOS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the ops question.

People will stop putting the poppy in the avatar.

Used to do it here on BCF.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:28 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So collectively the EU suffers more losses than the UK.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:34 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
So collectively the EU suffers more losses than the UK.

Yes. However, there is a pragmatic argument that each vassal-state suffers less, so can afford to throw a spiteful spanner in the works.

Which is why we should actually be preparing for a no-deal Brexit. Although it's likely far too late for that now, so we'll have to take whatever's offered at a minute to midnight.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Which is why we should actually be preparing for a no-deal Brexit.

Well considering a large square of concrete is taking years to build (the lorry parks near MPd) I doubt they'd be ready any time before 2027.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:37 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Which is why we should actually be preparing for a no-deal Brexit.

Well considering a large square of concrete is taking years to build (the lorry parks near MPd) I doubt they'd be ready any time before 2027.

I know, man, I know.

https://i.imgur.com/yzXu8pB.jpg?1

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNvJpvTUIAApKS4.jpg:large

Select the WTO option and you spend 2 days waiting to board at Calais.

Laughing
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 212 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 68 of 523