Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 694, 695, 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Oh yes that is probably the worst. Its very decisive and exposes a future where clearly having access to personal transport will be something reserved for a wealthy minority.

Or Renault quietly hinting to youngsters that they are ENTITLED to a new car when they go off to university to do media studies or modern art studies Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:46 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

Or Renault quietly hinting to youngsters that they are ENTITLED to a new car when they go off to university to do media studies or modern art studies Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Or advertising studies?... Shocked

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:08 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

And the one where daddy gives Uni son a brand new electric Renault. What bollox. My son got a Puch maxi, and was lucky with that.

Oh yes that is probably the worst. Its very decisive and exposes a future where clearly having access to personal transport will be something reserved for a wealthy minority.

Wealthy you say?

Most haven't the foggiest clue as to what wealthy means.

Wealthy People enjoy anonymity in our societies.

I think they are permitted to hide behind celebrities and their shenanigans.

When Petier Solstanovskovy buys a footy team the proletarian see wealth.

Just look at the shear opulence our own Aristocracy has had to endure over millennia.
And it still goes on.
Even when some have 'opened the doors' to the public to awww.... at their wares.

(ps I still like visiting those places so I am sort-of-a-part of it all to some degree.)

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
pepperami wrote:

Or advertising studies?... Shocked

More likely 'intersectional' and 'social' studies Rolling Eyes

Thus ensuring they'll never be able to afford anything worth while, and will always be a bunch of whingeing, useless, self-entitled, cry-baby gits.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
and will always be a bunch of whingeing, useless, self-entitled, cry-baby gits.

..pretty sure my (ex-) wife never went to University, although she ticks all the boxes.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

And the one where daddy gives Uni son a brand new electric Renault. What bollox. My son got a Puch maxi, and was lucky with that.

..and the one where the brattish girl is waving her arms about while being a human van der graf generator.. nauseating little cow.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
and will always be a bunch of whingeing, useless, self-entitled, cry-baby gits.

..pretty sure my (ex-) wife never went to University, although she ticks all the boxes.

There's a difference between amateur and professional though, although some of these amateurs get pretty good at it. Credit where credit's due, I suppose.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Was the tyre near legal minimum tread?
That's usually when I got punctures.

Well lucky you. If I get one, it's normally on a brand new tyre Crying or Very sad

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBC reporting the Princess Diana/ Martin Bashir interview story and loving it because its all about them, and not about them. “We asked the BBC to comment but no one was available for comment.” I still pay the licence fee but I increasingly wonder why.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The BBC reporting the Princess Diana/ Martin Bashir interview story and loving it because its all about them, and not about them. “We asked the BBC to comment but no one was available for comment.” I still pay the licence fee but I increasingly wonder why.

Oh noooooo you've only gone and triggered the "i dont pay the license fee im so radical and anti-authority, im the next Che Guevara I am, blahhh blahhh blahhh" lot Rolling Eyes

But, I agree the Beeb is a waste of a lot of the populations cash.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhh , my bloody ex (the big one) sent me a Whatsapp voice message, a fairly rare event these days: that man's voice still sends shivers down my girlie spine, no matter what kind of a big gorgeous *twatmeister* he can be Wub

Shifty
Fuckin LOL

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:27 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say big do you mean girth, length or both?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wot are you like.
Mr. Green Middle Finger

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shell green advert with the chubby blonde girl who claims her Billy Connelly look-alkie father is a farmer.. Total bollocks don't look like any farmer Ive ever met.. unless of course you include that twat from Blur who became a 'farmer'.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Shell green advert with the chubby blonde girl who claims her Billy Connelly look-alkie father is a farmer.. Total bollocks don't look like any farmer Ive ever met.. unless of course you include that twat from Blur who became a 'farmer'.

The "green" Amazon employees are far worse.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adverts?! TV licences??? WTF are these things? Tut Tut

MCNs tyre puncture goop, I have successfully fixed existing bike and car punctures with it, for tiny holes from staples though it might not seal them up.

I had to widen the tiny hole Laughing then go on a ride, to allow the rubber crumbs to work their way in. It's magic stuff, works at over xxx MPH.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

maybe he runs a cannabis farm. i hear its popular these days.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was fortunate enough, to be home this morning, to see the last 2 Blue tit chicks leave the nest box that i put up.
the tiny little things hid behind some plant pots on the patio for about twenty minutes, then they made their way to the border of the garden and hid under the plant life waiting to be fed.
about an hour later a Magpie swooped in and killed the pair of them.

revenge will be mine Evil or Very Mad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
i was fortunate enough, to be home this morning, to see the last 2 Blue tit chicks leave the nest box that i put up.
the tiny little things hid behind some plant pots on the patio for about twenty minutes, then they made their way to the border of the garden and hid under the plant life waiting to be fed.

...in the circle, the circle of life... Twisted Evil

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

And there's the difference between Homo sapiens and other species. Other species kill to eat, survive and ensure the success of their own line. We kill out of some sort of fucked up sense of 'vengeance' because how dare they kill some fluffy little chick to survive. I bet if it had been a bird of prey, you'd have been impressed. Rolling Eyes

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
I bet if it had been a bird of prey, you'd have been impressed.

Coincidentally I saw a male sparrow hawk with the corpse of a young sparrow on the decking last weekend and yes, I was impressed, but sad too. I didn’t see the moment of death.

https://i.postimg.cc/vTNTmLt1/56653-E20-9-ADC-4-A89-BD97-F2-C8-D2935-BB9.jpg

Here’s the female seen another time.

https://i.postimg.cc/QNJmkYMh/9233-C037-B0-E9-424-F-9-C92-923680-E143-DE.jpg

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Islander wrote:
I bet if it had been a bird of prey, you'd have been impressed.

Coincidentally I saw a male sparrow hawk with the corpse of a young sparrow on the decking last weekend and yes, I was impressed, but sad too. I didn’t see the moment of death.

https://i.postimg.cc/vTNTmLt1/56653-E20-9-ADC-4-A89-BD97-F2-C8-D2935-BB9.jpg

Here’s the female seen another time.

https://i.postimg.cc/QNJmkYMh/9233-C037-B0-E9-424-F-9-C92-923680-E143-DE.jpg

I'm always impressed by birds of prey Thumbs Up

Nature does what nature does.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have apex predicators (birds of prey) and scavengers (magpies) to modulate the sparrow population then suddenly there are sparrows everyone eating everything and stealing the food of all sorts of other animals.

This has been seen in the oceans with deliberately overfishing sharks and culling of dolphins - a chance of entire ecosystem collapse Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
If you don't have apex predicators (birds of prey) and scavengers (magpies) to modulate the sparrow population then suddenly there are sparrows everyone eating everything and stealing the food of all sorts of other animals.

This has been seen in the oceans with deliberately overfishing sharks and culling of dolphins - a chance of entire ecosystem collapse Shocked

It's still a bit harsh if you are a sparrow. There again we do the same where needed like the Gaza strip.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:32 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midgies are horrible little kuhnts when they attack.

Most folk hate everything about the wee bastirts.

But the little dudes are a phytoplankton of the highlands.

A basic and abundant food source for a diverse range of higher organisms.

And they keep Scottish Wilderness free of too many tourists and the non-biodegradable shite that they leave in their wake.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 694, 695, 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 695 of 698