Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF North Wales Trip [Picture Thread Link P12]

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

What dates best for you
June 21-22
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
June 28-29
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
July 12-13
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
July 26-27
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
August 2-3
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
August 9-14
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
August 16-17
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
August 23-24
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
August 30-31
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 23 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying anything as I don't want to jinx it... but The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

Praying https://i61.tinypic.com/2ivfipu.jpg

CS, we aren't actually going to Newport on that route I posted the picture of above, we come off onto other roads a little before, but the route you posted may well be just as easy an alternative to be honest. I was mainly suggested that way as its similar if not identical to the route I did up that way last time so i'll recognise most of it hopefully.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 23 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'd best bring my waterproofs, if I can find them. Still got loads of stuff in bags and boxes from the move and haven't a clue which one they're in Neutral

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 23 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all else fails
https://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/CategoryLogos/000715.jpg

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 23 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:

Aye...got plenty of them. Laughing

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 25 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather isn't looking too promising!!

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 25 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fridays looking like it might be a little damp Razz Saturday light showers and sunday fairly clear and even sunny though going by the last one I checked - not too bad Smile

For the south west bunch that are going earlier in the day the plan is to meet at Granada services just off the roundabout before the Severn bridge.

Postcode - BS35 4BH
Time - 12pm

Last edited by -Matt- on 00:26 - 26 Aug 2014; edited 1 time in total

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 25 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't decide whether to wear my leathers or textiles Thinking

My textiles have seen better days (and a fair bit of tarmac Laughing ) and are now about as waterproof as a tea bag. Sad Leathers will be colder but, my waterproof over suit fits over them better than the textiles, so looking at the forecast, this maybe the better option.

How are we doing for numbers at the mo? I know at least three of us will be riding down from up norf together and I'm just waiting on one of the lads to get back to me with a time that suits, as I can leave whenever.

If anyone else is coming from the North and fancies joining us on the ride down, send me a PM and we'll arrange a meeting point. Thumbs Up

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definates for the weekend are currently;
Me
Monty
Aff
Fatjames
Chickenstrip
Dave70
Az/Az OH
Mo
Smiler
Snoosnoo

Expecting at least 2 more are fairly likely but can't confirm until nearaer the time.

I'm intending to wear leathers/one piece waterproof for the bad days [that of course won't happen Whistle]. Buy some cheap thermals from Primark or similar. Using those with a thin fabric jumper/thin fabric tracksuit i've been warm riding in winter in leathers for years. Do sometimes throw in a long sleeve t-shirt too but this time of year that definately wouldn't be needed [I bloody hope....]

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call on the thermals Thumbs Up Might just have to get me a pair.

It seems that there's a decent amount of us going to make it then. Very Happy

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed, mainly hoping the weathers half decent now, and ideally the barn is an option as it would save a lot of hassle and time Friday/Sunday.

Theres no rush for anyone to get there by a certain time though if anyone has to come late/gets delayed. Same with Saturday as it stands - no specific deadline-plans for this or that, just see what everyone fancies as we go and enjoy the day Thumbs Up expect we can plan some rough route-ideas on Friday evening once everyones gathered.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my one piece oversuit out for a test ride yesterday. Absolutely great bit of kit. I have goretex trousers but not jacket, which while keeps me dry, it absorbs the rain. So after hours of riding it will soon get me soaking and take forever to dry.

I picked up some of those wonderful base layers from ALDI/LIDL and they're generally all I need beneath my leathers to be a happy little soldier.

I'm not sure whether my hands have grown though, it feels as if my gloves are tight around my palms now... all that masturbation probably.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up one of these from Halrauds.

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=836077&categoryId=165733&langId=-1

Looked alright for a tenner and it comes with its own internal pump Dance! I initially went in to but one of those foam roll up type ones but, this is a fair bit smaller to carry and my bike isn't really designed for carrying stuff so that was the deal clincher.

Got some bungees as well, so going to do a test run tomorrow and see if I can get everything securely onto the back of the bike, which when looking at it this evening, is going to be a challenge. Neutral

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big is it rolled up dave? Any chance you can post a picture? Might try grab one tomorrow if possible. Slept on the floor the last few times ive camped, wasn't majorly comfy Laughing

Check that PM i sent you ages ago about bungee'ing luggage on the 125 if you still have it Thumbs Up(think it was you i sent it to?)
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is it boxed and unboxed with an A4 envelope for scale.

https://i.imgur.com/O0krZJ1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/r1PAIZ8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1LvAP1G.jpg

Just read the reviews before and although they're not fantastic, they're not terrible either.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I checked the photos out but, the one you sent wasn't on the R125. Still helpful though. Thumbs Up

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after getting a tent from Marmalade I'm going up Argos tomorrow to get a camping mat and sleeping bag.

https://i.imgur.com/vjk7vyH.png?1?9304

This will be my route above. I haven't done any motorways really apart from on a 125 and that was brief; so it will be a new fun experience.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:

This will be my route above. I haven't done any motorways really apart from on a 125 and that was brief; so it will be a new fun experience.

I'm sure I don't have to mention it but, remember lifesavers and plenty of them. I only mention it as I'm pretty new to motorways too and I've noticed how much more vital appear to be on motorways.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
TheSmiler wrote:

I'm sure I don't have to mention it but, remember lifesavers and plenty of them. I only mention it as I'm pretty new to motorways too and I've noticed how much more vital appear to be on motorways.

Cheers I'm kinda dreading it to be honest, considering I'll be on the m6 at rush hour in Birmingham. Depending when I can leave, but at least it gives me some time to get used to it before then.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the pics Dave - bit big for me I think if i'm honest. Was going to try be cocky and stick a camping chair on with my luggage in a trial-prep earlier but it wasn't happening Laughing that looks even bulkier, albeit a little shorter - so no chance Sad

Motorways not too bad - can be very laid back and easy going at quiet times to be honest. Lane hopping without signals/checking mirrors can be a problem and people flying past, on the inside at times too can get you by suprise if your attention drifts - life-savers definately worth doing properly whenever you're moving lane.

Rush hours a little more hectic and filtering can be a PITA with people hopping lanes for junctions quite regularly with little or no warning. The main problem I find personally is just keeping your full attention on the road - gets very boring and tiresome going in a long straight line for ages with nothing going on a lot of the time.

Looks like you're going up the way we're planning to come back - do you reckon you'll come back with us, or might you fancy a ride back down through Wales on Sunday.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
anyone ravening on sunday then? prees heath sy13 2af
Should be at least a few of us going back very near that way. Is there a specific time you're going to be around there or is it best we give you a time we are aiming to go through and try to meet there then.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
Looks like you're going up the way we're planning to come back - do you reckon you'll come back with us, or might you fancy a ride back down through Wales on Sunday.

Not sure yet might be think I'll decide on the day. Might go raven but if I do rob most probably won't come out Sad

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 27 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weathers not looking all that bad at the moment. Accu-weather that I tend to find most reliable is even more positive. Missed Sunday off as thats currently pretty much clear across all forecasts Thumbs Up If we do get wet we can dry off on the way home at least Laughing

The 'sunny rain clouds' are light or heavy showers - wouldn't even consider it likely to be proper rain going by what they often forecast using those.
https://i60.tinypic.com/2h2qpex.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:44 - 27 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I'm going to see if I can get a proper pair of waterproof boots at work today (they never seem to have my size in stock Rolling Eyes ), and I'm going to phone to see if I can't get a new rear boot for the bike fitted first thing Friday on the way. So the weather can do it's bloody worst - I'll be ready for it! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12