17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
Only in one side
33%
 33%  [ 17 ]
Elmit speekers
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
No you crazy bearded fool! what are you thinking?!?? Think of the kittens!!!
45%
 45%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 51

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an autocom system, which has headphones built into the helmet, and also an option on the main unit for music input which I just have a small FM radio connected to, but there is nothing stopping you connecting an iPod or anything else to it.

It's great, the level adjust with the speed/windnoise on the bike and it never gets to a level where it blocks out background sound, also if you blow on the mike (also in the helmet) it mutes the music for a few seconds before fading it back up again.

I don't find that I have any problems listening to the radio at all, I could understand that you wouldn't want to totally drown out all background noise but at a low level its fine. I also wear earplugs.

I don't have the radio on for ever journey, just when I am in the mood! Cool

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the time in one ear. Use the remote control so i can adjust it as i wish.

I found the philips ones to be the best, as they can go in anyway round and cancel out alot of the wind/engine noise.

bunny-chan
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to sing to myself Wink , no one else can hear you and you don't have to spend ages station changing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 15:59 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Yeah but they can when you stop, i embarrisingly found out once Embarassed

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bunny-chan
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the warning Laughing

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Hi

Luke

Laughing Done that before, also makes you look quite mad when your singing your head off going past people Thumbs Up

Trouble is i'm pritty bad at singing and know it, and i only have a very short attention spa... ohh a bee!

ZZ-Rse
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:04 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Hi

Luke

I usually have a minidisc player running up into the helmet, with the handsfree for the phone, the unit being one of those that dials from a button push on the mike.
Got home one evening to find my phone had been on for an hour or so, much to my partners amusement as I was singing along happily with ACDC, Thunder and Kate Bush. Mortifying.
Just thankful it hadn't dialled the office Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an idea 200 mile ride tomorrow, don't know why i never though of it...
Depending on how your helmet is designed you might be able to get your headphones down the side of your cheek pads! i have a flip up caberg helmet and it works perfectly! simply route the cables through the lining and whack the volume right up, its not fantastically loud but loud enough + you don't get the incredible pain of having a small piece of plastic digging into your head! defenately worth it...

So anyone who does have a go, it will save you much ear pain Wink Thumbs Up

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:28 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

398cc wrote:
Headphones? Pah!

I got a sub on my bike.
https://www.the-npf.com/gallery/albums/userpics/npfstaffbikes/stevebikes/normal_100_0136.JPG

And it works a treat.

(go on, laugh ur little heads off, i dont care, i like it)

Why you telling everyone its a sub when its a little speaker you bought from maplins? Rolling Eyes .

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:32 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I went out with my mp3 player in both ears, I had it loud enough to hear it above my engine noise and the wind, but then I ran into the problem, I had no clue what was behind me, okay I check my mirrors regurlarly, but on windy roads I didn't have a chance, before I knew it I was being overtaken by a Bandit, and the first I saw it out of the corner of my eye, I nearly emptied myself (lol) seriously, so realising I couldn't hear what was going on around me, I figured this was a bad idea.

So now I just have it in one ear and rather quiet, simply to entertain me at traffic lights.

Jack2004
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 02:49 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't worn headphones yet, I'll mabe give them a try next week.

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:03 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

398cc wrote:
Headphones? Pah!

I got a sub on my bike.

Good effort Thumbs Up Is it water proof?? and can you hear it well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:11 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong i don't recomend it, its a bad idea, but long journeys just bore the **** out of me, music helps keep me sane, but going through busy towns or citys it gets turned off...
like i said i only use one at a time the left side, reason being on left turns or right turns its important to be able to hear on the right on side as thats where the traffic will tend to be coming from.. (if that makes sense..)

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:17 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: riding Reply with quote

When i was booting it up north and back i found that wearing a head phone in me left ear made me go ALOT slower Thumbs Up

Tend to get bored other wise and play with the go trigger a bit more Very Happy

Was getting loads of mpg until the batteries went flat Rolling Eyes then it all went a bit rossi Laughing

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Nick wrote:

Why you telling everyone its a sub when its a little speaker you bought from maplins? Rolling Eyes .

Shut up nick you know its a sub, stop stirring.
www.maplin.co.uk and the product number for it is QS62S

Smoto Bob wrote:
Good effort Thumbs Up Is it water proof?? and can you hear it well.

Yeah, made of fibre glass and i primed and painted it, its not deafening, but its a great social thing, + i love music.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2