KTM Duke 390 - 950 miles usage how much? Quite a bit to this

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the 125 and 390 are assembled/manfuctured in India whilst the 690 up is Austria? I've heard the 125's are shoddy, didn't realise it affected the 390's too Confused makes sense though

When you block people you only get half the conversation Wink

Rogerborg wrote:
The Duke 125 hilarity-fail thread had an Indian resident claiming that the 200s are made to higher standards than the 390s.

I mention this an something that's interesting rather than informative. It's a nation that keeps buying Royal Enfields, after all.

Someone also claimed the 390's went through Austria (after being manufactured in India), so were somehow of a higher standard Confused All 3 are AFAIK based on the same bike and made in the same place, so any distinction's going to be a dwarf among midgets scenario.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:50 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
That shock was manufactured 2 years ago. How old is the bike now?

Interesting point. KTM aren't quite Suzuki though, they're not punting a huge amount of 3+ year old models as "new" stock.

That said, in 2016 they registered (not necessarily the same as sold) 218 x 2016 models vs 92 x 2015 models vs 11 x 2014 models.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ktm_390_duke_16#!newreg
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ktm_390_duke_15#!newreg
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ktm_390_duke_14#!newreg
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ktm_390_duke_13#!newreg

DottyDuck
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:09 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
That shock was manufactured 2 years ago. How old is the bike now?

I had the bike for just over 4 months by the point the shock was like that. The motorbike was stored in a "heated garage" so the manufacture time is irrelevant as the bike was stored in there until I owed it. Also, the miles I put on this bike were on the road. The only off roading I did was going across the public path to get to my drive Laughing.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

DottyDuck
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:43 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Why don't you want to tell us the age of the bike now?

I'm guessing it's a lot older than 4 months. Edit, your thread shows July last year. This has been dragging on a bit hasn't it?

To be fair, your original thread mentions the stalling issue withing a couple of weeks or purchase, so could also be used to backup your claim . Thumbs Up

Yes, it has been dragging on a bit! Thumbs Down I am hoping this time next month I will finally have a different bike on the drive and can forget about all of this. Thumbs Up

Yeah, I did put it in the original thread I created, I should have posted the link earlier in this thread. It's a shame the way things have turned out since then as I really did love the bike (as sad as that sounds).

Thankfully the Financial Ombudsman have checked all my evidence and it has been enough for them to know that what I have said is the truth. Thumbs Up

For anyone else who wants to see the thread here is the link:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4334441&highlight=#4334441
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2