Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A total kunth of a driver nearly made me dead this morning.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:01 - 07 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you been riding Question
Derek Noakes This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 06:43 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a more serious note from my last post, during my daily filter on the A5 through Milton Keynes, the drivers that move over for me to include a high proportion of Audi and BM drivers. I notice that the the people who don’t see me tend to drive badly positioned smaller cars. Been deliberately blocked a couple of times by Taxi drivers

Last edited by Stalk on 13:06 - 08 May 2019; edited 1 time in total

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalk wrote:
the drivers that move into over for me to include a high proportion of Audi and BM drivers

Do you mean they block you or let you through? Thinking

B5234FT
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:03 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Re: A total kunth of a driver nearly made me dead this morni Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
I was heading back home from the pool and quick shop this morning, on the A47, and was stuck behind a van and BMW doing about 45 to 50... so two vehicles only, not a queue, suggesting that the BMW recently caught up to the van because it was travelling faster (and therefore probably also still wants to)
So yeah I was going to overtake as soon as I could find a gap in the traffic.

One appears and it's perfect, I have my line and there's just enough space to over take before I hit the red do not overtake markers (offset junction) So you had just enough room to return to your own side of the road before the markers, at speed, approaching a lunction which would be obscured by the van for the duration of your overtake, and you considered arriving blind at a junction carrying speed to be a good idea?

So I drop the gear and rev up go in the other lane and speeding in.......... Until a meter behind the BMW, the cunt suddenly pulls out in front me, I had to break hard after being in overtake speed. Or I was going to go right into the back of that car. If you had to brake hard you were speeding, not that I have an issue with that, but dont deny it. And it wasnt a metre, as that wouldnt even cover your reaction time before you hit him, it was a bit tight and made you go "oh fuck" and the red mist descended.

Then the driver did their overtake really slowly.... By the time I got halfway past the van, I had to break again to pull back behind the van as I ran out of space on the road as a car had just come in from that junction..... So you "just had room" before the junction on your bike, but the car carried out a slow overtake and still made it before the junction? And in your opinion you only just had room to overtake, yet decided having slowed that there was room for a two car overtake? And you then followed the car which had just been unobservant up the side of the van where you were both unsighted and you had nowhere to go, approaching a junction?

Not only did they nearly go into me, they also made me nearly hit incoming traffic... So they pulled in in front of the van having completed their overtake, leaving you exposed in the other lane with oncoming traffic? Did you not see the oncoming car? or drop back behind the van when it was clear you were getting too close to the junction?

I don't condone violence but this time I would have loved to have punched him right in the nose with my knuckle protected gloves on. [/b]well you clearly do, or it wouldnt be your first response to the event

So to sum up, you went for an overtake which was already somewhat risky, didnt take the time to consider the actions of other motorists around you before committing to it and then got extremely angry at the other driver for failing to notice you. The red mist then descended and you followed your initial plan in spite of the change in circumstances meaning it was now a terrible idea and then blamed the other car for your lapse in judgement causing you to have to pull in faced with an oncoming vehicle. This made you so angry you considered violence and made no attempt at self reflection for long enough to arrive at your destination, write up a post about it and submit it?

May luck be forever on your side, you'll need it.

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:09 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Stalk wrote:
the drivers that move into over for me to include a high proportion of Audi and BM drivers

Do you mean they block you or let you through? Thinking

Sorry, fat fingers. Audi and BMW’s let me through, edited post
Derek Noakes This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 08:02 - 10 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Noakes wrote:
Surprising. I find taxi drivers to be some of the most courteous drivers out there.

Many years ago, a London Depatcher told me that proper, as in 'Black-Cab' licenced taxis, always get out of your way, because of their taxi-licence regs, and if their taxi sustains ANY damage, then they cant take a fare until it's fixed...
Adding that he discovered this, shortly after he started couriering, when he wrecklessly took his hand off the clutch lever to 'thank' cars that moved over for him, and couldn't understand, why when he went to 'thank' a taxi, they suddenly swerved even further to the left!..... they feared that is left hand was going to wrench thier wing mirror off, apparently! lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 10 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Derek Noakes wrote:
Surprising. I find taxi drivers to be some of the most courteous drivers out there.

Many years ago, a London Depatcher told me that proper, as in 'Black-Cab' licenced taxis, always get out of your way, because of their taxi-licence regs, and if their taxi sustains ANY damage, then they cant take a fare until it's fixed...
Adding that he discovered this, shortly after he started couriering, when he wrecklessly took his hand off the clutch lever to 'thank' cars that moved over for him, and couldn't understand, why when he went to 'thank' a taxi, they suddenly swerved even further to the left!..... they feared that is left hand was going to wrench thier wing mirror off, apparently! lol.

Hmm. My dad had a black cab intentionally hit the back of his bike on the North circular in stationary traffic, and then shouted at him to "Get that fcking bike out of my way". In stationary traffic. Neutral
As no one was going anywhere a violent altercation ensued. Laughing

Edit:Idea Maybe it was the same cabbie post altercation. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2