Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Has anyone got TPO insurance for an expensive bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:22 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like OP is full of all the cognitive biases. If he wants to buy an £18k bike and keep it on the street in one of the highest crime areas of the highest crime city in the UK then let him... He's just looking for confirmation that what he's doing is right which is yet another cognitive bias.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:

As for open roads, central London has lots of brilliant biking roads.

This suggests to me a lack of experience. In your mind, they probably are great biking roads, which is fair enough if you don't actually know how you're limiting yourself. But it seems to me an 18 grand bike is a huge waste in London. But again, if you've got that cash to throw around, well done. But to then whinge about paying a couple of quid for insurance? Lol.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:48 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:

As for open roads, central London has lots of brilliant biking roads. I really ought to put a video on youtube. I often go out for a play and stop for a coffee somewhere interesting. You can't beat London for the people-watching and the women. With a bike, all the things which make London the cultural/fashion capital of the world are on my doorstep. No worries about parking tickets or speed/bus lane/ULEZ cameras if you're creative with your number plate. That's the upside of the extinction of the Met's traffic police.

Laughing this is one of the funniest things I've read on this forum since the guy who insisted his Mito 125 could do 125mph!! Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the OP's criterion for "brilliant biking roads" is maximising the opportunity to check out his reflection in shop windows. Then park up outside numerous coffee shops and hope people notice the 200bhp fanny magnet.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:45 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Sounds like the OP's criterion for "brilliant biking roads" is maximising the opportunity to check out his reflection in shop windows. Then park up outside numerous coffee shops and hope people notice the 200bhp fanny magnet.

Yep. Anyone who rides out in the sticks could ride rings around him I reckon.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:53 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Undinist wrote:

As for open roads, central London has lots of brilliant biking roads. I really ought to put a video on youtube. I often go out for a play and stop for a coffee somewhere interesting. You can't beat London for the people-watching and the women. With a bike, all the things which make London the cultural/fashion capital of the world are on my doorstep. No worries about parking tickets or speed/bus lane/ULEZ cameras if you're creative with your number plate. That's the upside of the extinction of the Met's traffic police.

Laughing this is one of the funniest things I've read on this forum since the guy who insisted his Mito 125 could do 125mph!! Laughing

Of course it can that's why its called Mito 125!

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:54 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot are such ignorant plebs!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:57 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:

Oh yeah, that's us. Ignorant yokels who live out in the sticks. Paying a tenner for a house and having to wait until 8am to order a pizza.

I'll enjoy my roads, London salary, reasonably priced house and nice safe garage thanks.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:11 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, this cretin returned. I have a louder exhaust now, bet you are fucking crying Laughing

Best bit is my bike is nearly £108 to insure, its like £107 something and hasn't been stolen, I'm about 20 minutes from London, I can ride to Embankment in 35 mins. That is enough London for me. Less chance of my bike getting robbed and less noise for your fairy ears.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:

Yeah, everyone but you was born yesterday Rolling Eyes

Let's have it then; a brief précis of your biking experience.
On second thoughts, don't bother. 20 years 'experience' and you reckon London has great biking roads Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:26 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
central London has lots of brilliant biking roads. ... You can't beat London for the people-watching and the women.

Ummmmm.

Okay, post a Google Maps link to some of those brilliant biking roads.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, just to even things out...

London is a very interesting place "when one is tired of London one is tired of life." However, I agree that actually living there is a bit of a 'mare.

The roads are quite fun but probably from the perspective of someone who's had to use a push-bike, car, taxi, bus or tube. Basically every way of getting around London is shit compared to a bike.

Big bikes are totally pointless. You can't do much more than 40 for any great stretch in the centre so anything over a 650 is a waste. That's why almost everyone [without taste or decency ofc] rides a 125 scooter. Of course you still see the odd courier rider on much bigger bikes but they might need to head out of town on a job.

Biking about London - great fun! Riding around on a 5 figure bike - pure insanity Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
"when one is tired of London one is tired of life."

1777 wisdom from Samuel Johnson. Hmmm, useful. Not Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:31 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do Londonistan I do own several bikes and cars that I have paid for outright and I can afford to insure and tax them. I live within 10 miles of some of the best hospitals in the country if not the world. I also live within 30 minutes of some of the best roads you could ask for in any country. I also can look at some of the best looking ladies of the land (just don't ask them to speak) I live in a place that has a long industrial heritage going back a few thousand years. So how daft am I? Not very!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:29 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Funnier than a geyser of shit in a fish finger factory?

Has anyone been to Brixton recently? My old man lived on Brixton Hill through most of the 80's when the place was hopping, now it's full of boring white hipsters with well paying city jobs and the most offensive thing happening there is their stupid twat beards, it's been gentrified to hell and back.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:47 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
"when one is tired of London one is tired of life."

1777 wisdom from Samuel Johnson. Hmmm, useful. Not Laughing

Quite. I had to work intermittently in that there London in my last job; I could never wait to get out - it felt so oppressive knowing you were surrounded by 10s of miles of urban sprawl. Even the packed 2 hour train journey to Manchester felt like a fresher environment. I'm sure it suits some people, but I really don't get the appeal . . . people argue about how interesting/multicultural/diverse it is, but most big UK cities are elements of that.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:51 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I also can look at some of the best looking ladies of the land (just don't ask them to speak)

**looks up location on profile** ooooh yes Laughing think you might have a better deal than being in Pie-City though. Wink

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do Londonistan I do own several bikes and cars that I have paid for outright and I can afford to insure and tax them. I live within 10 miles of some of the best hospitals in the country if not the world. I also live within 30 minutes of some of the best roads you could ask for in any country. I also can look at some of the best looking ladies of the land (just don't ask them to speak) I live in a place that has a long industrial heritage going back a few thousand years. So how daft am I? Not very!

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

New York, New York?
So good you told us twice!

Looking at your location, agree RE 'ladies' Wink

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:13 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
On second thoughts, don't bother. 20 years 'experience' and you reckon London has great biking roads Laughing

A précis would be too much work. But here's my old racebike.

https://i.imgur.com/7pilwHq.jpg

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:48 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

A précis would be too much work. But here's my old racebike.

https://i.imgur.com/7pilwHq.jpg

Doesn't say a lot... You didn't select a picture of you *actually racing* You selected a picture of a tarts handbag with a suitable tart to go with it.

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:15 - 05 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same bike the previous year. I put the road bits back on so I could do the Nurburgring Riders Club course.

https://i.imgur.com/jO8KY0X.jpg

Last edited by Undinist on 04:03 - 05 Nov 2019; edited 1 time in total

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:28 - 05 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishopscourt circuit. We got the world's smallest trophy. Plus a couple of race licences.

https://i.imgur.com/soj31Da.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 216 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3