Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brands Indy - 14th November - ?75

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 View related event: Brands Hatch Trackday (14 Nov) View previous topic : View next topic  

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:44 - 10 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance!

I'm sooo gonna crash now I don't get sick pay. Very Happy

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 12:27 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's 2 groups now! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 15:36 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/bcfbinometer.jpg

The Odds shall be interesting in this one, competition is rife amount the minitwiners.

Wave2k 3/1
Jon 5/1
G 6/1
Davo 8/1
Korn 9/1
Bendy 9/1
Fazed if he does it 10/1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 20:42 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:

Fazed if he does it 10/1

I am to "sensible" Very Happy

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:34 - 12 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave, are you doing this as well as Silverstone?? Hoping you don't bin it then? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 13:29 - 12 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

very hoping Smile
we need a brands re-match, this time with me on a faster bike Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 12 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
we need a brands re-match, this time with me on a faster bike Razz

You don't need a fast bike on Brands Indy really, just one that handles well! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 14:14 - 12 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo i mite come down for a watch weather and money depending!

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 20:38 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is with HOTTRAX i just done silverstone with them on an A2 license
and they let yokogeri on with a blantant A2 pass certificate

btw due to financial reasons, i will have to pull out Sad
ill be along to cheer you on though Thumbs Up

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 22:03 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:

btw due to financial reasons, i will have to pull out Sad
ill be along to cheer you on though Thumbs Up

gay,gay and more gay I need motivation Confused

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:08 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazed wrote:
I need motivation Confused

YOU THERE, BOY! GET THE TRACK DAY DONE, OR I'LL BITE YOUR KNEES OFF!

if yokogeri can do one with only pasing his restricted test a week ago and never ridden a sports bike of any kind before, plus not binning it and not being slow, then anyone can so it!
wN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:57 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
If I do decide to do it, will I be able to pay on the spot?

Yes.

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 19:29 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what a day!

I woke up about 11am panic'd and drove over to Brands Hatch. Got there to be informed that G & Bendy had both taken a tumble. Bendy was taken off to hospital. I gather Korn & Jon had a close encounter.

I duly did the paperwork and went out for a session, then came in for lunch. After lunch, went out and started getting in to it, for the first time managed to get both knee's down on the sesseion.

All went well for the rest of the day, till the last session. I went out for a couple of laps. Took it easy for the first lap to warm the tyres off. Second lap it was starting to get cold on the circuit, so I thought I'd finish this lap and come in. I came down Paddock Hill going a bit quicker than usual (130mph), then the bike decided it'd had enough of me and turfed me off with a high side.

Thats enough for now, I'll leave the others to fill in the rest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 19:38 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope everyone involved in offs today are ok and nothing mojor done to themselves or there bikes,
davo do you want a hand unloading the bike?
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 19:47 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, sorry to hear about these offs.

Can't believe Bend has gone down, she's always the last person I expect to, however for G it's not such a shock... Wink

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:03 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big hug for bendy, and a manly punch on the arm for the guys.
Hope your all ok and the bikes are gonna be to much trouble.
Rolling Eyes Why didnt i bunk off work for some camera action. Rolling Eyes
J

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell, hope everyone's okay. Sounds like the BCF curse skipped Silverstone and went straight to Brands.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 22:53 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err, I fucked up.

1st session, with no time for tyre warmers, zero degrees track temp and me not knowing Brands, I was pootling.

2nd session, warmers in place, fuelled by energy drink and with a rough idea of where the corners go, I'm off like a bat. Got past loads of people, comfortably scraping lefts and rights with everything feeling nice and grippy. I'm up the arse of a green ninja determined to get past and I simply misjudged the speed for the corner, widened my line a little to set myself up to go outside him and all too late realise how close the kerb is getting (we're on a slight curve coming onto start-finish). I lean the bike away from the kerb as much as I can but I'm just a couple of inches too late.

There's no way in hell she's gonna stay upright on grass at over a ton, let alone at the lean angle I'm at. I see the kerb in line with my front wheel and think "shit, this is really gonna hurt" before *bang*, I'm ragdolling along the kerb and then the grass. I seem to roll forever and feel my hands hurting, so I pull them into my chest, which speeds up the rolling but stops the immediate pain. I grind to a halt eventually, face down on the grass and mud. I just lie there for a little while, catching my breath and trying to feel if anything hurts. I feel I should get up so that people know I'm okay, so gingerly get to my feet fully expecting a stabbing pain to come from somewhere, but to my delight, it doesn't. I manage about three steps toward the tyre wall before the paramedics arrive.

They check me over and notice that one of my fingers isn't pointing the right way. I'm too looped on adrenaline to notice, contenting myself with waving victoriously back at the garage where G et al are watching. Covered from head to toe in mud, I'm bundled into the ambulance to go to the med centre.

Once I'm there, the buzz starts to wear off and I start feeling a bit feint, so I'm stuck on a bed for an blood pressure check and some oxygen to get me back to normal. The guy who highsided his MZ is there, and in a much worse state - short term memory loss. They're gonna run him to the local hospital for checks and say I can come too, as I'm going to need my finger xrayed. Bless him, every few mins he's asking the same questions over and over. The paramedics book us into A&E and leave me to keep an eye on MZ boy.

Lots of waiting, a prod of my hand, more waiting (during which Robby showed up to keep me company), an xray (by a woman who takes my phone number cos she wants to ask me about CBRs), loads more waiting and then I'm on a bed sucking on an Entinox cylinder waiting for them to yank my dislocated finger back into place.

Daaammnn that's some good shit! I was away with the fairies yet completely lucid, knew what was going on but didn't feel like I was entirely there. There's a 'dump valve' on the mask so you can get more gas and I was pressing it like mad while I could hear myself screaming but it kinda wasn't me. The weirdest shit is that I could swear I heard the doctors conversation in a dream I've had several times before, but never understood til now. Who knows, but that stuff rocks. I sit and talk gassed-up shit to the nurse for a bit before wobbling off for another xray, still finding things rather amusing for the next 15 mins or so.

Finally get my 2nd xray to see that they put it back in the right place, get given an appointment for the fracture clinic (broke a couple of bits off as well as dislocating) and I'm free, about 7 hours after I crashed.

The boys are all packed and come to the hozzy to get me and home we go.

Only when G unloads my bike back home do I get to see the damage, and to be honest, for the speed she went down it's not bad. I've got spare fairings to replace the shagged ones so she'll be back on the road soon enough.

Big thanks to Robby for keeping me company all afternoon, and to the boys for taking care of Doris.

S'gonna hurt tomorrow but could have been much worse. Smile

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:58 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad your in a fit state! Thumbs Up
and hope the plastic welding course goes well! Thumbs Up
WN

Edit: does this mean you get a free hoody? Laughing

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 23:28 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a good day other than the obvious,I will do some sort of write up tomorrow. Thumbs Up

BenBray
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:41 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new, limited edition "CBR6 Race Series: Bendy Edition" complete with an overhaul of fairings and screen. The new updated version sees a replacement in front forks - from full ohlins to full 100mph+ turf surfing, complete with original Brands Hatch grass tracking, to add stiff and yet soft suspension all at once Wink

As I was reading on, I was expecting it to be a hell of a lot worse than it was! Joking aside, I'm glad you're relatively okay, and that you showed the majority of blokes there how to *REALLY* ride a bike! Wink

How much do you guestimate the damage to be, and is it the standard 6-ish weeks until you're meant to do anything heavy with the hand?

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 23:51 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be roadworthy for £0 I think, might not be too pretty but I've got spare fairings in a variety of colours, old standard screen and standard can and a less bent brake lever from the last time I binned. Plus some fibreglassing skills. I'll do that first and make sure she all runs/handles okay then consider whether to put her back to black 'n' yellow or do something custom myself.

I gotta see the fracture clinic before I'll know the true status of my hand, at the moment they just fixed the dislocation and strapped it up.

Just uploaded wave's photos (on my camera) at https://www.evilbendy.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=68

https://www.evilbendy.co.uk/gallery/albums/brandzzz/thumb_PICT0017.jpg https://www.evilbendy.co.uk/gallery/albums/brandzzz/thumb_PICT0019.jpg https://www.evilbendy.co.uk/gallery/albums/brandzzz/thumb_PICT0059.jpg https://www.evilbendy.co.uk/gallery/albums/brandzzz/thumb_PICT0074.jpg

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 00:07 - 15 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such an eventful day, I don't know where to start! Laughing

After a 5am start and a motorway journey plagued by thick, freezing fog me & Jon arrived at Brands in time for the sunrise. All to the delight of Fazed, who had already been waiting for some time and by the looks of things had polished off a few dozen packets of fags while sitting in the pit garage.

We freeze our bollocks off setting up then it's out for the first session. Not half way round the warm-up lap and a guy on an MZ racer does a superman impression with a mighty highside coming out of Druids. We line back up in icy pit lane and I'm given a minor bollocking for not letting the safety car past me while we were clearing the circuit... oops.

Out again and the fast group is now joined by the late mister G, who had only just turned up due to some extended sleeping. All goes well until the end of the session when Jon misses the chequered flag at the start/finish straight, misses a second chequered flag being frantically waved at Druids, carves up the inside of me, G and a suitably bemused instructor on our way off the circuit then charges around for another whole lap managing to ignore all the bright orange people waving coloured pieces of fabric at him. Back to the pits and Jon's hunted down by a stern looking chap in the official course car, cue major bollocking... oops.

G decides to switch bikes for the second session, taking his white minitwin in place of the blue one. A few laps down the line and as the session is red flagged we catch sight of said white minitwin lying on the deck on the entry to Surtees, with a sheepish looking G running away from it as fast as he can. Back at base G explains he was trying to see how much he could push the front under braking... oops.

With Wave's BCF bin-o-meter off and running it's the turn of 9/1 outsider Bendy to upset the odds by binning it on the exit of Clearways, tumbling to a stop directly opposite our pit garage. Bendy gives us a wave and is whisked away in the ambulance while the recovery guys struggle to fight the CBR's alarm which is making all kinds of protests. The CBR is returned to us with mumblings of "not that bloody garage again" while Bendy is carted off to the krankenhaus... oops.

A few more sessions pass without incident, despite some cack handed "hold my bike please" whereby me and Jon manage to play dominos with most of the track machinery in our garage... twice. Much fun was had out on circuit and despite melting the ailing set of intermediate tyres I had started out on in the morning I had begun to quite like Brands.

Second from last session of the day and having given up on the inter rubber I'm now resigned to slicks, which despite needing a hell of an effort to get up to temperature are proving not as bad as the still-freezing track temperature would suggest. The three of us have got somewhat of a convoy going when my R6 ominously loses power down the start/finish straight, long enough for a surprised G to zoom past wondering what all the smoke was about.

A brief return of power sees me make it through Paddock Hill Bend, but alas all is not well in the land of valves and pistons and by the time I've gotten up the hill to Druids the motor has given up the ghost and issued final sounds of mechanical displeasure. I cruise round and park the bike against the crash barriers, retreating up the bank to watch Jon and G switch places for the rest of the session before hitching a ride back with the recovery guys... oops.

All is not lost, however, as the kind chaps from BMW are on hand with brand new K1200RS loan bikes. G comes along to be my playmate and the final session sees us buzzing the fast group on the quarter-ton 170bhp behemoths, which despite an awful lot of unsettling slides and gearbox clunkery turn out to be quite fuckin' quick round a racetrack - much to the annoyance of Jon and his SV minitwin. They wheelie nicely too, but don't tell the marshalls.

Just as thoughts turn to packing up and heading home Davo sends the bin-o-meter into overdrive by highsiding at Paddock, ending the day with a final red flag. He's carted off to the medical centre while his bike is deposited at our garage by the hard-working recovery guys, who can't help but recount our day's luck and offer suggestions of a good witch doctor. While we examine his mashed up R6 Davo is returned to us sporting an ice-pack on his wrist and a stern medical order to get himself to casualty... oops.

After being ushered out of the circuit by a weary marshall pining for his dinner (we're the last out, of course, wouldn't want to break tradition...) we swoop past the hospital to collect a bandaged Bendy and grab some food before parting company. I'm glad to report nobody was struck by lightning on the way home nor did any asteroids impact the vans, though Jon and I were assaulted by a wayward traffic cone on the M25.

Trackday season 2005 is finished, thank you very much. I'm going to spend the winter rebuilding my poor steed's engine and reading a book about exorcism in time for Spring. Over and out!

More pics here: https://www.kornel.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=91

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 15 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
It could be roadworthy for £0 I think, might not be too pretty...

*cough* trackbike *cough*

Korn wrote:
now joined by the late mister G

He's dead? Shocked

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 00:18 - 15 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

*cough* trackbike *cough*

Trackbike schmackbike, there's nowt wrong with her that cannae be fixed with a little glue and a big hammer. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3