Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Muslims kick off over cartoons

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:30 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Nath some people on here are only harsh because they can be.
All countries are full of the shite, we deal with the race hate far better than they can.
We dish it out and take it.

Did you hear yesterday the government may control what comedians can write for comedy?
Rowan Atkinson is against it as he has grown up with freedom of speech, he says it should be allowed as long as it is not in a threatening way.

True they might as well out law comedy if that happens as comedy comes from making fun of a situation or a person no matter what their colour/religion is.

Its the religous nutters coming out with shite again they don't want anyone making fun of their hoky bullshit.

Lucy
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:31 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nath wrote:
To all the people labeling Muslim countries backwards, do you not consider that our own nation leaves a lot to be desired? Britain is full of racist, xenophobic, bigoted fucks who will use any example of 'political correctness' to rant on about how blacks/asians/arabs are scum. On this thread alone we have one individual apparently praising the BNP, and kiddies saying stuff like:
Soul_Trader wrote:
If you are a muslim, you should shut your hairy mouth, then proceed to eat shit and die.

Right, I agree with free speech and think the media response of reprinting the cartoon was spot on. Also agree that the Islamic world has a long way to go. But the west is far from perfect - Under the facade of liberal democracy we have racism and brooding hatred, and a general intolerance of independent thought. Not comparable maybe, but still reeks to me of Pot and Kettle.

I hope you dont mean me "praising" the BNP, i was pointing out both are guilty of the same thing yet one may get off free due to his religion.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:33 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
There is no other major religion or even political grouping that acts like this, worldwide.

The UK often sees many things causing offence to certain groups and big complains, boycots etc.

Remember when America was generally being all arsey over buying french goods because they wouldn't join in their illegal invasion?

Sounds quite similar to me.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:40 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nath you are exagerrating britain is not full of racists, there is a small minority of the population that use racism cause they are hateful people.

And the west is far from perfect but islamic states make the west look like a utopia of free speech and peoples of many ethnic backgrounds who live together in peace.

Lets face it islamic states are run by people who have the Quran in one hand and a ak47 in the other who praise their young followers for rapping themselves in tnt and murdering innocent civilians.

Oh and they belive in the zionist conspiracy you know like hitler did.

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:
Nath you are exagerrating britain is not full of racists, there is a small minority of the population that use racism cause they are hateful people.

I would like to think you are right, but am slowly losing faith in the British populace. I would consider this forum to represent a fair cross section of society, and the amount of covert racism and repressive right wing sentiments I've noticed here over the past year or so is not very reassuring.

Quote:
Oh and they belive in the zionist conspiracy you know, like hitler did.

Quite right.

getyerkneedow...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:40 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

innominate wrote:
Thing I find most amusing about this.

Other papers have printed cartoons, they did this because everyone kicked off. So if they had not taken such OTT umbrage they would have stopped the very thing they are kicking off about from happening again.

Anyhoo, it was printed in a free Western country where we are allowed to do such things. Its not illegal and other cultures can;t force their values on us, just as much as we can't force our laws on country that run Sharia.

They need to get over it...
If someone does it in their countries that are run by islamic government, then by all means give out whatever punishment is seen fit in that society.

They have no control over us, we have the right to say what we want and what we feel. Its the one thing I would fight for...

Sums the whole West Vs East issue up really doesnt it.

Sure, if they wanna live in the west, fair play - you tow the line and play it our way. Follow OUR rules, OUR traditions, OUR way of life.

Do NOT try and force your fucking medievil ways of life on us. If you cant follow OUR rules, OUR traditions and OUR way of life... GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR COUNTRY... THERES PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES WHICH ARE SUITABLE FOR YOU.

Its that simple.

The minute some Muslim tells me i cant say something.. i swear to god im gonna slit his/her fucking throat. The whole thing gets so under my skin and REALLY pisses me right off.

FUCKING BASTARDS! Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger

NBO
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

getyerkneedown wrote:
[GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR COUNTRY... THERES PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES WHICH ARE SUITABLE FOR YOU.[/b]

They should do it anyway along with a number of other imposers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

getyerkneedow...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:56 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBO wrote:
getyerkneedown wrote:
[GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR COUNTRY... THERES PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES WHICH ARE SUITABLE FOR YOU.[/b]

They should do it anyway along with a number of other imposers.

No. You're wrong.

If they want to move here, work their lives here, pay their taxes and be of use to the country. And they play by our rules, laws, and respect our way of life - freedom of speech etc - they are more than welcome to come here.

At the end of the day, if they do all that, they are of more use to us than the crack heads who claim the dole all day long and beg on street corners.

Im not saying fuck off cos of their religion, or the colour of their skin, im saying, that IF because of their religion, they feel that they should enforce their beleifs over ours, then they can go take a fucking swim across the channel and sod back to from whence they came.

NBO
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong or not thats my beleaf, as people paying taxes and working fair enuff, but thier religon will never fade, thats what they are, fookin nutters that wish us to be gone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

getyerkneedow...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:18 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR GOD'S SAKE LET'S LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE

Even God has a sense of humour - why else did He give Catholic priests penises, Americans passports and make George Best's liver collapse as round-the-clock drinking was introduced?

Why else did He make sure Tony Blair missed the vote on the Religious Hatred Bill, meaning that his shameless attempt to creep around Muslims after the Iraq War was defeated?

Because shameless creeping was all this crass attempt at censorship was about.

It was Blair saying to British Muslims: "Hey, guys, I feel your pain. So how about, if I lock up ' anyone who offends you, will you stop being offended over my slaughter of your Islamic cousins and like me again?"

Had it passed unamended, free speech would be in the hands of organised religious groups, their fanatical spokesmen and lawyers. And every narrow-minded, Mary Whitehouse-style bigot could have filled their boots.

And if that offends any overly-religious readers, you can stick it where the eternal light don't shine. Because many aspects of organised religions offend me.

The Pope encouraging poverty in the developing world by banning contraception and abortion. Jews who censor Gentile jokes about their culture or history yet wet themselves when Jackie Mason or Mel Brooks are cracking the gags.

Hard-line Muslims who issue fatwas on anyone who puts down Allah yet put their own burkha-clad women further down the life-chain than plankton. Evangelist preachers invoking fire and brimstone on weak sinners, before jumping into bed with a $2,000 hooker.

They all offend me and make me want to lampoon them. And why not? Why can't outsiders poke fun at Orangemen when they do it so brilliantly themselves by dressing up like snooker referees and beating drums in the hope of getting bottled by Catholics? If an individual belongs to a sect which believes itself morally superior to others, then they deserve all the stick that comes their way.

Give religious fanatics the right to prosecute ridiculers and it will go the way of football, where supporters hurl abuse at players then whine to police when the abuse is turned back on them.

We've allowed people to become too easily affronted. Look at the self-righteous planks who spend their evenings surfing TV channels to find something to complain about. Well, maybe we need a law which makes it an offence to become easily offended.

The biggest joke of all is that the ones who take most umbrage at a gag are so blind they can't see how ridiculous they look.

Take the flag-burning furore in the Middle East over a series of cartoons in a Danish paper which portrayed Mohammed wearing a turban in the shape of a bomb.

So whipped-up has the anger been that several Islamic countries have decided to ban all imports from Denmark.

Muslims banning bacon. Are they having a laugh or what?

(C) Brian Reade, Mirror Publishing Group

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 17:34 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no other major religion or even political grouping that acts like this, worldwide.

I half agree and half dont.

Perhaps death threats are taking things too far on the Muslim's side. However I think newspapers should learn some common decency and respect, even if you dont agree with something doesnt mean you should offend the people who beleive it.

Put it this way, if a paper was to run a story/cartoon ripping the piss out of the gay community in the UK there would be uproar.

getyerkneedow...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:00 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Quote:

I half agree and half dont.

Perhaps death threats are taking things too far on the Muslim's side. However I think newspapers should learn some common decency and respect, even if you dont agree with something doesnt mean you should offend the people who beleive it.

Put it this way, if a paper was to run a story/cartoon ripping the piss out of the gay community in the UK there would be uproar.

ive been having this debate on a gay forum.

The fact of the matter is - many papers in the UK DO run stories ripping the piss out of the gay community, on a regular basis.

Check the debate out on this link: DONT WORRY, THERE IS NOTHING GAY ON IT.. JUST A FORUM BASED DEBATE which touches on the very same point you raised. I am "joeslifeyork" on there.

https://justusboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80267

zaknafien

PostPosted: 18:03 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter who you are or where you are, you offend somebody.

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:16 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick griffin got off. Thumbs Up
I dont agree with what he says, but the government would love to lock this guy up to show how "right on " they are. But, this being a democracy and all, he had to go to court and be tried by his peers. Who thought he was innocent Thumbs Up
Now thats democracy.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 18:18 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like wise, there is nothing wrong is the west publishing 12 satirical pictures of Mohammed provided we dont get all racist on muslims.

This is sort of what I'm trying to say in my last post. Havent seen the cartoon's so can't comment on them specifically (I dont read newspapers). However something that is comical and/or opinionated is different to something that is offensive.

I think it's also to do with how easy it is to jump on the bandwagon and go for Muslim's at the moment, religion's in general are easy to offend. Last week it was easy to go for Lib Dem's and rent boys etc...

Quote:
Its not being racist in the slightest. Im gay. I dont force it down other peoples throats, or try and turn straight boys gay.

I had to laugh at this part as well, for different reasons. Laughing

farmer giles
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:40 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i'm concerned they aren't doing themselves any favours-piss taking is a fact of life and its only a few cartoons-get a grip!i get the piss taken out of me all the time and as long as i can take the piss back i'm not bothered.It looks like its ok for the fanatics to say that they want to kill me in my own home because i'm an infidel as i'm not muslim but as soon as someone takes the mick they throw their toys out....if they want to come looking for me in my own home they are more than welcome but i'll be ready!*covers himself in bacon fat and loads his shotgun*

in fact i'd love to drive a herd of pigs into one of their mosques and see what happens Laughing

Metal_Mickey
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:52 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
I think it's also to do with how easy it is to jump on the bandwagon and go for Muslim's at the moment, religion's in general are easy to offend. Last week it was easy to go for Lib Dem's and rent boys etc...

It's not going for "the easy target", it's dealing with current affairs. There wouldn't be much point in a newspaper producing a satirical cartoon that wasn't about current affairs.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:04 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

getyerkneedown wrote:
GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR COUNTRY... THERES PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES WHICH ARE SUITABLE FOR YOU.

It's my country too. I don't like gays. Get out of my country please.

That is not, I would like to point out true, however just as valid as your shouting, I would suggest.

Also, aren't we kind of 'in' some of their countries?

farmer giles
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:27 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i'm concerned they aren't doing themselves any favours-piss taking is a fact of life and its only a few cartoons-get a grip!i get the piss taken out of me all the time and as long as i can take the piss back i'm not bothered.It looks like its ok for the fanatics to say that they want to kill me in my own home because i'm an infidel as i'm not muslim but as soon as someone takes the mick they throw their toys out....if they want to come looking for me in my own home they are more than welcome but i'll be ready!*covers himself in bacon fat and loads his shotgun*

in fact i'd love to drive a herd of pigs into one of their mosques and see what happens Laughing

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That is not, I would like to point out true, however just as valid as your shouting, I would suggest

Yes but when a minorities beliefs begin to encroach on traditional, accepted, nationwide standards because they find them offensive, it's crossing over that 'PC' line. Gays; well, I'm sure there are some out there who find certain aspects of accepted society offensive (I'm not talking out-and-out homophobia, maybe Dafid in Little Britain or something.) But there's less prominence there because gays in the UK know the lifestyle and know that it's not a serious poke at them. That's what ethnic minorities need to learn.

NBO
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:25 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

getyerkneedown wrote:
I am "joeslifeyork" on there.

Dude, I think you forgot to get dressed, strutting your undies Neutral

Retro-Man
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:26 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

That is not, I would like to point out true, however just as valid as your shouting, I would suggest.

Also, aren't we kind of 'in' some of their countries?

I know what you are trying to get across G and I agree that we should stop trying to enforce our beliefs on muslim countrys....
But
I also feel that our way of life, our freedom of speech is being threatened by what is in fact a small section of the UK muslim public that happen to have extreme views.

more and more the uk public are moving towards what could be considered racism due to this threat. I include myself here, I do not consider myself a racist but I am also getting more and more annoyed with people coming here and abusing our kindness.

The issue of racism in this case I think is one of identification of an enemy.

In a chess game you may play black, and you identify enemy pieces by them being white.

in a war your comrades share your uniform whilst your enemy may have different traits. the point being that the UK public have nothing to identify the muslim extremist threat by and so general hatred is aimed at all muslims.

as someone has said a lot has to do with humour, if you did not like gays, would all gays want to kill you, no most would at worst pity you or even find you laughable.

cheers
Retro

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

getyerkneedown wrote:

ive been having this debate on a gay forum.

Gays have their own forum? Whatever next? Shocked

niff5855
Sausage Boy

PostPosted: 20:54 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah dont know about all this.

I used to think they were all fucking nutters (Arabs etc...)and we'd be better off nuking the fuckin lot of em.

Then I went and worked with a load of em and found that whilst yes - you're average arab is fucking nuts! Some of em are absolute fucking diamonds. But, the one thing you CANNOT fucking joke with them about is Allah, Mohammed and Islam. They DO NOT see the funny side. Its their fucking life mun.

Like me and the Welsh Rugby team hehehehe

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

niff5855 wrote:
ah dont know about all this.

I used to think they were all fucking nutters (Arabs etc...)and we'd be better off nuking the fuckin lot of em.

Then I went and worked with a load of em and found that whilst yes - you're average arab is fucking nuts! Some of em are absolute fucking diamonds. But, the one thing you CANNOT fucking joke with them about is Allah, Mohammed and Islam. They DO NOT see the funny side. Its their fucking life mun.

Like me and the Welsh Rugby team hehehehe

Arabs, rugby and the Welsh are fine, it's religion that is the problem. Ban that and the world is a brighter place Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7