Fastest bike on BCF

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 21:05 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev wrote:
Looks like I will have to go out and buy myself something with a silly amount of power.

My SR has a silly amount of power, d'ya want that? Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:13 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't you, like on an 'plane Korn? Confused Laughing

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 21:17 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, just got home and sorting out last minute shite then leaving for the airport at 3am, still feel crap Sick

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mr C, is your bike a ZX12R by any chance? If so how do ya like it as a road bike, and what sort of tyre life do you get on it?
If any BCF peeps are meeting up anytime for a RWYB etc, then it would be good to have a go. I think my ZX6R will do mid 11's hopefully, but my KMX supermoto is the bike il be spending most of my time tuning, and il be happy if i can run mid-high 14's when its done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:06 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 11.550 on my J2 last summer. Was pleased with that, and never got a chance to try and beat it Sad That was standard gearing, and just had an ART exhaust.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good enough time for a ZX6R, id like to hope for mid 11's on my J1, but ive got zero experience of 1/4mile racing, so id probly just make a tit out myself lol! My list of planned mods engine wise this year is just a road legal can with a removable baffle, an K&N +Dynojet+ignition advancer. I was sort of thinking about swapping my bike for a secondhand ZX12 as ive seen a few with very low miles for sale, even on W & X plates, but ive had my 6R from new and its only done 8k miles in 3 years! I dont think id want a secondhand bike after having mine new, and with the low mileage ive done, swapping aint really a worthwile consideration.
I guess that theres either alot of people out there that dont use there ZX12's that much, or either they all get banned and thats why theres some with 1500-2500miles up for sale lol!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:38 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no experience of drag racing. I still don't really Laughing.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 23:39 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I got 11.550 on my J2 last summer.

At least now I know my target. Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:45 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. It should definatly go a fair bit better with it's gearing now. Very Happy Thumbs Up

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 23:46 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then it does have a human rider, as opposed to hobbit. Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:48 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but you'r hair behind you will slow you down. Razz

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Hey Mr C, is your bike a ZX12R by any chance? If so how do ya like it as a road bike, and what sort of tyre life do you get on it?.

It's an absolutely stunning road bike

Contrary to popular opinion it has bucketloads of low down grunt as well as top end power which makes it very tractable and very rideable

The handling is superb, although it's very tall. And that motor, oh yes, that motor... when it hit's seven grand it's like a winch to the horizon .. beam me up Shocked

I have gotten 2700 miles out of my first rear although that includes running in and about half a dozen drag meets, all with top speed flyers as well.

It is NOT a bike to have early in your biking life. The reason why there are many low mileage second hand ones around is because people frighten themselves on them (same as most big bikes really - but the 12 and busa seem to have an aura around them that attracts people who aren't ready for them). Also, insurance is a bit high without a bunch of no claims so "older" people tend to get them and then really frighten themselves Shocked Rolling Eyes

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:39 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, insurance is a bit high without a bunch of no claims so "older" people tend to get them and then really frighten themselves Shocked Rolling Eyes

Mmm. One of the guys at work is selling an R1 (for about £3500). Another guy was thinking about buying it. Fortunatly the insurance company said "bog off". Suspect with all of about 4 months experience since his test he would have been lucky to get away with just frightening himself.

All the best

Keith

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:46 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Mmm. One of the guys at work is selling an R1 (for about £3500).

Is that some more space in the garage filled?

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you guys are all aware of my new DT125? It will kill anything you guys have with no problems. You will be a dot on the horizon when I open the throttle. Cool

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:03 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaphodBeeble wrote:
Surely you guys are all aware of my new DT125? It will kill anything you guys have with no problems. You will be a dot on the horizon when I open the throttle. Cool

absolutely, couldn't agree more

the horizon behind that is Wink

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:26 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C wrote:
absolutely, couldn't agree more

the horizon behind that is Wink

Shocked What? How dare you say such a thing! It's plainly obvious that my NOS boosted DT would fly past your pathetic attempts to accelerate. I've had it bored out to a 350cc and ive had 3 spark plugs added. I've also put on a weber 45 carb off a rover princess. It's so amazing.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:19 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is where the Rocket III comes into the picture...

I would love to see one of those race all these new sportsbikes on a strip...147lb of torque!!!

Better get to gym and pump those arm muscles up...I don't fancy them being pulled from their sockets!!!! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 09:42 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
Is that some more space in the garage filled?

What space in the garage? It is full now. Suppose an R1 would make a nice little commuter bike. Modern. Reliable. Cheap commonly available tyres. Loads of 2nd hand bits in breakers yards.

All the best

Keith

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 11:02 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Quote:
Also, insurance is a bit high without a bunch of no claims so "older" people tend to get them and then really frighten themselves Shocked Rolling Eyes

Mmm. One of the guys at work is selling an R1 (for about £3500). Another guy was thinking about buying it. Fortunatly the insurance company said "bog off". Suspect with all of about 4 months experience since his test he would have been lucky to get away with just frightening himself.

All the best

Keith

Talking of that, we had a guy who part-exchanged his 1995 Urban Tiger 'Blade for a 1998 model R1, this R1 was the dogs danglies, Harris undertray, full Hindle race system, Harris swingarm, etc the list goes on. My boss Paul used to race a CBR6 and when the guy came to pick up the R1 he said look, I ain't telling you how to ride a bike, but this is an R1, it's got considerably more power than your 'Blade, it's got new 208's on, the roads are wet, just take it easy. The guy basically told Paul to bollocks and stop telling him how to ride bikes. He promptly gave it a handful of throttle, span the rear and span round 180 degrees and smashed into my other boss's transit van.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 14:04 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just stupid though, sounds like he would've done exactly the same if he'd had 2 new tyres on his 'Blade. I had 2 new ones on this morning and got the usual story about how out of all the ppl that crash leaving on new tyres, 3 of em were riding 'Blades.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 14:11 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah he wouldn't have binned his 'Blade, because he was used to the bike for a start. Also, the early 'Blades need to be thrashed more than an R1 does to go anywhere.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 16:24 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooby wrote:
Also, the early 'Blades need to be thrashed more than an R1 does to go anywhere.

Not enough that riding a Blade would be so incredibly different to an R1 that a normal rider would bin it. Sounds like that rider would have done it coming off anything from a Blade to a Busa

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 22:19 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably had more to do with the clutch thinking about it, almost as if he needed to give loads of clutch slip on his 'Blade, he was on the vurge of grip when he had been down a few times before when pulling away.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:21 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd have done the same on his CBR I reckon.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 98 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3