BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GPR50

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

paulodd
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:45 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

why get a brand new 50cc at 16? you might as well get a second hand one, rag it around, fall off and have fun. wait till your 17, take your test and get a restricted 400, thats the perfect plan i reckon.

i never had a 50, went straight onto a cg125, perfect bike to practice on, crashed it, (it went straight under the car) and only cost £10 of welding and a tin can to fix it, (own bodge job tho) . a And after few months on road after you get bord move to a 400, which is my plan after christmas.

Have fun on what ever you get in the end tho!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:49 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

27yo kid wrote:
I reckon my car is fast enough.
Eagle SS 1.8 twin dellortos, fibreglass bodyshell, its a beast of a car. (although it leaks like a sieve!)

An NSR125 or RS125 will beat most cars away from the lights and up to about 60, and after that cars have the edge but bikes bigger than a 125 will stay in front of the car with a big gap.

It might be a fast car compared to other cars but in comparison to a bike it's not a fast , it just become a small dot in your mirror quickly along with other cars.

27yo kid
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:03 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: yeah ok :( Reply with quote

well yeah, ok, but I dont care cause....
I'M PICKING UP MY BIKE TODAY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It may be only a 50cc, and it may be slow compared to other bikes, but its mine....all mine!!!! Twisted Evil
Mwa ha ha ha ha Twisted Evil

(guess I cant use the argument that it matches the colour of my car can I!!!)

And yeah I know, I mentioned a car in a bike chat room but there was a good point. (and I saw my karma shoot down so I'm punished enough)

BUT I DON'T CARE, I'M PICKING UP MY BIKE TODAY!!!!! Laughing

stryker
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:51 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not long completed my CBT and DAS. I've been driving a car for 12 years.

My CBT taught me a lot. It taught me about defensive riding. Riding a bike is nothing like the manner with which you drive a car. Ste was pretty right when he said whats worth more, £80 and one day or getting to work in one piece.

If your going to go in commute traffic screw just doing the CBT, I'd highly recommend you follow with the DAS whether or not you want a big bike as the training and conditioning of your mind to ride a bike is invaluable.

27yo kid
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:04 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: ok ok! Reply with quote

OK guys!!!!
I'll do my CBT at some point soon.

Picked up the bike today. Had a minor problem with the gears. (kinda didnt always put it in first!!!) but after that I found it F*****G great.

OK, as its restricted it doesnt give much after 6000 rpm, which is a shame as it means I have to change gear virtually as soon as I pull off, and it does ride wide on the corners, guess I'll just have to learn to lean in.

But boy is it a good bike.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing Razz Very Happy Laughing Razz Laughing Very Happy Razz Laughing Very Happy Razz Laughing Very Happy

Cant be bothered to do any work this afternoon as I want to go out for a ride!!!

stryker
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:51 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not already read this thread. It may help on the going wide problem.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=34944

I sometimes went wide at first and could not figure out why, until it dawned on my that occasionally I was not leant over as much as my bike was.

EDIT: Yeah fun isn't it. Addictive too. Thumbs Up

philcxiv
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:46 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming soon............. (I think this is the 125 but ther is a 50 same style)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:14 - 23 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

philcxiv wrote:
Coming soon............. (I think this is the 125 but ther is a 50 same style)

Looks like an 80cc to me - it does say 80 on the fairing.... bit of a wierd engine size then!

Bit radical styling for a small capacity bike, I kind of like it.

MArk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:09 - 23 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derbi make a GPR50, which is that bike but not 80cc and without wavey discs. Seems someone has bought one and fitted a big bore kit along with wavey discs. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

philcxiv
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:41 - 23 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bike is part of Derbis 80cc racing bikes. Notice no lights. Sorry for missunderstanding this is the nude version which I pretty like. Arrow

27yo kid
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:50 - 24 Oct 2004    Post subject: picture of the 80 Reply with quote

The picture of the GPR80 is the concept bike that has lead to the new GPR 50. (2005 or something like that!)

I'm not too keen on it, too angular, the one I've got (at the VERY top of these posts but in red) is much smoother in my opinion!!)

While I'm on here, would I be righ tin thinking that my bike is going to smell a bit as its brand new? Took it out for a ride yesterday and it was getting a bit smelly after about 30k!

27yo kid
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:23 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: cornering Reply with quote

thanks for the link to help me out with cornering.
Tried it on the way home, and managed to do a hell of a lot better.
Would try it more but its a bit windy today!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3