BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MOD 2: Hamilton - PASSED

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised by how fast, speed wise, they take you through the AIM course.

I was a member of EDAM (Edinburgh Advanced....Hitler) until I got the impression I had joined a political party. Gave up halfway through the so called course then couldn't be bothered with it anymore. I did learn a lot of useful things from it though. Mainly how to go fast on the road safely. Worth doing if you can be arsed with some c*nt dictating how to ride your bike.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
The IAM course is £150 and no other charges can be made as this could affect the organisation's insurance.

Again, That's what I was told, and that's all I can go off. I'm not psychic, and until now I've had exactly zero reason to disbelieve what I was told.

try google - first thing you'll find is how much it costs

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googling shit several years after the fact doesn't change what I was fucking told. I wasn't not invested enough to doubt the veracity of what I was told by someone that as far as I can tell, is a rider/observer/whatever. I was sat at a table next to them in a cafe, and I asked the question. That was the answer.

So maybe take your autistic arse, have a moment of self reflection and shut the fuck up. Poor lad's passed his test, asking sensible questions about getting better, and you're on here turning this into a shitshow. This is why we can't have nice things.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:08 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Googling shit several years after the fact doesn't change what I was fucking told. I wasn't not invested enough to doubt the veracity of what I was told by someone that as far as I can tell, is a rider/observer/whatever. I was sat at a table next to them in a cafe, and I asked the question. That was the answer.

So maybe take your autistic arse, have a moment of self reflection and shut the fuck up. Poor lad's passed his test, asking sensible questions about getting better, and you're on here turning this into a shitshow. This is why we can't have nice things.

You said it was £500. Google three words - IAM course cost - first result provides the right information - £149.

I corrected this and a couple of other points. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:46 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

£500? Laughing

It's £149 and some groups request that a contribution is made to the fuel costs incurred by the Observer.

https://www.iamroadsmart.com/courses/advanced-rider

Rain

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said it was £500. Google three words - IAM course cost - first result provides the right information - £149.

Are you retarded? Genuine question, I'll stop taking the piss if you're actually a spakka. I said I was told it was at least £500. By an IAM rider. Not sure why you would think I would doubt that and go and check on it. May want to brush up.on your reading comprehension and tone down the righteous indignation... Maybe clean the frothy spittle off the keyboard.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Are you retarded? Genuine question, I'll stop taking the piss if you're actually a spakka. I said I was told it was at least £500. By an IAM rider. Not sure why you would think I would doubt that and go and check on it. May want to brush up.on your reading comprehension and tone down the righteous indignation... Maybe clean the frothy spittle off the keyboard.

Don't mindlessly repeat things you haven't checked. Not that big a deal, really.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:32 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they told you it's at least £500 then they might have been taking the piss and you might have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker...

Wink

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Incorrect. Coffee and 5 to 10 fir their 'fuel or however much you are comfortable with but some kind of payment is very actively encouraged.

I've never come across that in three organisations and best part of ten years, nor heard of it either.

I've done the RoSPA one myself (took the test 2 years ago). They want £40 per year membership fee, plus a £12 pa levy for the local organisation. No test fee over and above that, but you are 'invited' up front to make a contribution of £20 fuel contribution per observed session. Which even for a lengthy session is likely to be over-egging it a bit. I've never heard of anyone refusing to pay it or quibbling; I guess anyone who didn't like it just wouldn't sign up in the first place.

For what it's worth I reckon I learned quite a bit; no regrets about doing it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 303 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3