Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2008 Kwaki Ninja 250R

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:31 - 29 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:

https://www.kawasakinewcastle.com.au/images/roadbike-gpx250r-red.jpg

Now no offense, but the new one has styling (to an extent) which is where all these nOObs get their taste, A bike has to look good as well as everything else, bad luck those above seem to look a little outdated and maybe "grandads hack" like.

speed over styling. the GPX250 had genuine 38bhp and did 110mph.was an awesome bike. my dad had one from brand new,a G reg.
almost 20 years of development, and kawasaki give 6BHP LESS???
pathetic. even if it were to meet with laws, they could sell them restricted or summat

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 30 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own personal answer at tha moment as what to ride now that I'm on tha 2 year 'A2' probation is to get a 400, ZXR or VFR anyone?
Faster than a 250, bigger than a 250, more reliable than a 250... Bigger tyres.
Am I right is this a win win or what? Becuase 250's have never really apealed to me much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:01 - 30 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac_Kaliba wrote:
My own personal answer at tha moment as what to ride now that I'm on tha 2 year 'A2' probation is to get a 400, ZXR or VFR anyone?
Am I right is this a win win or what? Becuase 250's have never really apealed to me much.

CBR400 for me at 17.
Best bike ever. Full stop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 30 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Til you get an R6, then Fireblade. Wink

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 30 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
Til you get an R6, then Fireblade. Wink

Got a fireblade sitting waiting for me Very Happy And I quite fancy the CBR600RR3 instead of an R6. The 400 has enough power to keep you amused and keep ahead of most cars and some bikes, but not enough power to get you into any major trouble. Perfect middleground IMO, bear in mind I stepped straight up from an RX50.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 30 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

True but for me a bigger bike is for 2 things:

Stunting(or rather tryin) & general hooning. Cool

R6 seems fine for that.

tonto90
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:03 - 03 Jan 2008    Post subject: seen and sat on Reply with quote

hey guys

i got my deposit down on one of these after my YBR 125 was stolen on new year eve, during the bloody couldnt down to NY aswell.

UK price is going to be 3,099 - 3,199
it is 30 HP but how many bikes are there that can be ridden on a restricted licence? really.... other than the cagiva river 500, but taht tops out at 105 mph
0-60 in 4 (expected less) hopefully!
will top at 115mph with a good rider and gears
will also hold 100-105mph all day with a small rider!

Seat height is the same as my YBR, thts 780mm. im 5'10'' and its so bloody comftable!

from a distance it really does look like the new ZX10R but get a lil closer you can see thats its going to be more ''up right'' with the seating, and then its an obvious smaller engine!

apperantly its not a new engine tho, just a de-tuned 6... im not sure of this, but i think with some tuneing... doe any one know of any possible upgrades thats going to be availble for this one?
obviously there will be exhaust and carbs, i know that when mine is out of warrenty im throwing in +15BHP chip (had one in my YBR and my gosh, well it was 12hp when i bought it topping at 63mph and 70-75 down hill... i got 70 on flat and just under 80 down hil), would throw in a +33 but i cant find one!

and well, xenon lights1 Smile

its a nice looking bike, feels nice to sit on - but then again it was 10 mins, im not sure say after an hour.
easy riding style, tho i think having lowered bars for that race look would be nice.

sod it

either way, this bike is goig to hit the streets and be VERY popular For FEB!!!!!!! *ideal my 18th is in feb*

btw . . CBR 125 *sumone said about its speed etc* well as its twice CC and twice HP ofcourse its going to be faster, proberally will perform better running on 110 on fronts and 130 on back... but reliable, thats going to be found out with in the first 500 miles
Thumbs Up

Catalyst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 03 Jan 2008    Post subject: Re: seen and sat on Reply with quote

tonto90 wrote:

sorry to hear about your bike Thumbs Up

but 0-60 in 4/ under 4 is the most ridiculous thing i've heard. Theres no way it could possibly do that unless it was downhill and even then i doubt it. I can understand topping at 115mph but still sounds a bit far out, but if your fairly big say about 6ft and 13-14 stone your only going to be sitting at about 80-90 in which case a 125 could do that.

I'd like the 250r but i just wouldn't be able to buy until it had some reviews, the info is a bit messy atm.
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 04:13 - 04 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way would a 250 do 0-60 in 4 seconds. Most sports 6's do it in 3.5. I hate skinny tires. That bike is expensive pap, for 3k I got a mint condition Speed Four only 6 months old, I restricted it for £60 and insured it for £575 @19. So the ZXR250 is £3200 say the insurance is £300 I spent £135 extra on a bike that looks better, sounds better, goes faster, handles better and would pick up 500 times the number of chicks than the 250 would. I can also take pillions and carry luggage comfortably.

I think I got a good deal.
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

eddclarke
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:46 - 04 Jan 2008    Post subject: Re: seen and sat on Reply with quote

tonto90 wrote:
hey guys

i got my deposit down on one of these after my YBR 125 was stolen on new year eve, during the bloody couldnt down to NY aswell.

it is 30 HP but how many bikes are there that can be ridden on a restricted licence? really.... other than the cagiva river 500, but taht tops out at 105 mph

Seat height is the same as my YBR, thts 780mm. im 5'10'' and its so bloody comftable!

from a distance it really does look like the new ZX10R but get a lil closer you can see thats its going to be more ''up right'' with the seating, and then its an obvious smaller engine!

apperantly its not a new engine tho, just a de-tuned 6... im not sure of this, but i think with some tuneing... doe any one know of any possible upgrades thats going to be availble for this one?
obviously there will be exhaust and carbs, i know that when mine is out of warrenty im throwing in +15BHP chip (had one in my YBR and my gosh, well it was 12hp when i bought it topping at 63mph and 70-75 down hill... i got 70 on flat and just under 80 down hil), would throw in a +33 but i cant find one!

its a nice looking bike, feels nice to sit on - but then again it was 10 mins, im not sure say after an hour.
easy riding style, tho i think having lowered bars for that race look would be nice.

sod it

either way, this bike is goig to hit the streets and be VERY popular For FEB!!!!!!! *ideal my 18th is in feb*

btw . . CBR 125 *sumone said about its speed etc* well as its twice CC and twice HP ofcourse its going to be faster, proberally will perform better running on 110 on fronts and 130 on back... but reliable, thats going to be found out with in the first 500 miles
Thumbs Up

Please tell me your joking?
so your claiming your YBR was 27bhp...(12bhp + 'mod chip')
and the kwak 250 is a detuned 600 engine...?

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 04 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Shocked Very Happy Mr. Green Laughing XD
This calls for tha RoflChopter
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n243/MacKaliba/Roflchopter.png
I use that way to much.

T-b0Ne321
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:53 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac_Kaliba wrote:

I am in that situation at the moment. I want to move up to a bigger bike but cant find a good 400 with good mileage and age. I really like the ZXR4 but again cant find any good ones for me.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Re: seen and sat on Reply with quote

eddclarke wrote:
tonto90 wrote:
hey guys

sod it

Thumbs Up

Please tell me your joking?
so your claiming your YBR was 27bhp...(12bhp + 'mod chip')
and the kwak 250 is a detuned 600 engine...?

The chip increases his HP from 12 to 15+ not adding 15.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 09 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want this Z250 Shocked
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/kawashima_/Z250.jpg

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:37 - 10 Feb 2008    Post subject: Re: first post Reply with quote

Side Bikers wrote:
Hi i'm from Indonesia i ride CBR150 2007 and ninja krr 150 2stroke and i'm waiting for new ninja 250cc in my country out at first 2008
this is kawasaki en250 will out in Indonesia https://www.serayamotor.com/diskusi/download/file.php?id=8792[/url][img]

Eh? Isn't this ER-6n??
And Is this Kawasaki's factory in Indonesia? KRR150 was 150 cc because it was made in Thailand in which they can't ride bikes bigger than 150cc without paying huge tax.

TeddyCanuck
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 10 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add an exhaust from Two Brothers Racing if you want a few more ponies. And it looks a hell of a lot better than the stock can.
https://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=005-2080407V
Current Bikes: 1973 Honda Cl350k5, 1976 Honda PC50k1, 1981 Honda C70 (6V) Passport, 1982 Honda C70 (12V)Passport, 1984 C70 Passport, 1989 Honda NSR125F Adriatico 2. In CANADA try: https://www.import-motorsports.org/ for cool performance sport-bikes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
st3v3 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:36 - 11 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLUEX5 wrote:
ZX2R's are shite.

That is all.

I lol'd

I could see it being worth going on a test ride, so many mixed opinions.

Pyro
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 11 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even on the kwak website they know they are pushing it a bit by putting the ninja logo on the side!

"The Ninja 250R's successful blend of a rider-friendly engine and chassis with topclass Ninja styling"

So in other words its a commuter bike with a fairing. ZXR400 anyone Confused

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 12 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy Canuck - You need to read this - Clicky.

As Kickstart wrote in another thread:
Kickstart wrote:
By the rules I would say they are not flames as they are not targetted at an individual

As that "Clicky" says -
Quote:
Thumbs Down This post is A Flame:
Use this reason when a poster is making a deliberate attack on somebody else, but without using particularly bad language or racism.
Where did I insult you? I said that in my opinion that bike and it's parts wasn't positively like-able, I do get to have my own opinion which doesn't have to conform with you or yours.

I don't care about the Karma, it's the mis-use of the ratings.

pj25
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:04 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomsmith wrote:
apparently it will be 30bhp and meet Euro3 emissions

ain't it 28bhp?

pj25
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:11 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Re: first post Reply with quote

Side Bikers wrote:
Hi i'm from Indonesia i ride CBR150 2007 and ninja krr 150 2stroke and i'm waiting for new ninja 250cc in my country out at first 2008
this is kawasaki en250 will out in Indonesia https://www.serayamotor.com/diskusi/download/file.php?id=8792[/url][img]
and this is kawasaki ex250j
https://www.serayamotor.com/diskusi/download/file.php?id=8795
but i prefer kawasaki ex250j

are the people in the bottom picture members of the mason's?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 115 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7