Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just blame Russia...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
So is a bullet in the head from a PSM pistol

Everybody and their mums is packin' round here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
If you read up on the subject, and on Putin's rise to power, it makes a lot of sense imo.

I get that, I really do, but giving someone $10 worth of something to go to foreign lands to kills someone with it, and nobody questions the logistics?
I'm pretty sure most of these spies/mercs/kgb agents would have taken that $10m worth of polonium and sold it for $5m to the 'Mericans' and lived a wonderful life.
I really don't think Johnny Killer would take possession of a radioactive poison, for the fuck of it, or because he was asked/told to. That shits dangermouse.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

I get that, I really do, but giving someone $10m worth of something to go to foreign lands to kills someone with it, and nobody questions the logistics?

If you were in the employ of Putin, and he told you to do it, would you question the logistics? Who was there to do so?

Pjay wrote:
I'm pretty sure most of these spies/mercs/kgb agents would have taken that $10m worth of polonium and sold it for $5m to the 'Mericans' and lived a wonderful life.

Why would the USA be interested in buying it from you? It wouldn't have nearly as much value as intelligence about, say, Russian nuclear weapons deployments.
And it isn't like Hollywood - or perhaps is?...some of these people really are patriotic, believe in Mother Russia and Putin, and would lay down their lives for 'the cause'. It's not the first time it has been said, and I'm not the most authoritative person to say it, but we really don't think about these things the way the Russians do.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:47 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

the story goes wrote:
Lugovoy had visited London at least three times in the month before Litvinenko's death and met with him four times. Lugovoy met with Litvinenko on the day he fell ill (November 1). Traces of polonium-210 have been discovered in all three hotels where Lugovoy stayed after flying to London on 16 October, in the Pescatori restaurant, Dover Street, Mayfair, where Lugovoy is understood to have dined before 1 November and aboard two aircraft on which he had traveled.[6] He was treated at a Moscow hospital for suspected radiation poisoning but declined to say whether he had been contaminated with polonium-210, the substance that led to Litvinenko's death on 23 November 2006

So all that's just fabricated?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:17 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Polomium is used in the trigger of some types of nuclear bomb.

When I heard it had been smuggled into the country and used in a political assasination, I was in no doubt what sort of message it was sending.

Ok. It appear the message was only clear to me then.

It was "Don't think we can't project into the UK. Also, the stuff we smuggled into a tea room in London do this could just as easily have been used to assemble a covert nuclear device.

Former USSR states aren't above using oddball chemical attacks to cause long and debilitating disease/death. Remember when Viktor Yushchenko was poisoned with dioxin?

I wonder if whoever did it was inspired by the recent assasination of Kin Jong Uns half brother using VX. Lot of similarities between the two cases. They haven't specifically stated exactly which nerve agent was used here but reading between the lines (highly complex and potent, would take governmental levels of funding to produce and purify), VX is probably up there near the top of the list.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Or to read it another way without the media agenda added.

Litvenenko had the polodium and was possibly trying to broker a deal with Lugovoy, who he met at at least one of the hotels, contaminating Lugovoy in the process?
Or, who knows, Lugovoy sold it to Litveenko, who was brokering a deal for someone esle (UK govt perhaps?), who then accidentally poisoned himself with it?

It's all supposition, even the enquiry concluded with "possible" and "probable", with no certainty as to who did it, if anyone did.

And all you have done there is to add to the speculation, which there doesn't seem to me to be much point in. And you don't even have any experience or evidence on which to base it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

That’s the point. My speculation is no different to the speculation that it was a Russian state assassination, but the U.K. public believe the agenda fed to them by the media.

Imo, the 'story' of the Litvinenko case has more than speculation to back it up. Considerably more. So it is very different to yours. I agree there is still some doubt, but there are very good reasons why it stacks up quite well, as I have mentioned earlier.

Quote:
I have to agree with Corbyn’s comments for once. The government and press should stop pointing the finger at the Russian state when we have no proof what so ever that they did this “on British soil”.

If we have no proof, and in the current case it seems we don't yet, then I agree. It does nobody any good, and just makes people suspicious of our own authorities.
I'm actually a bit of a Putin fan, believe it or not. If he did order the assassination of Litvinenko, you can easily see why he would. We may not always see eye to eye with him, but you can't deny he is a strong leader who sticks by his convictions. Ours might learn something from him.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
There was a leak

Into his tea? Confused Apparently it wasn't the first attempt to poison him, sorry leak that he avoided ingesting.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Assuming an assassin was stupid enough to double-cross Putin, how long do you think that life would be?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Pjay wrote:

Assuming an assassin was stupid enough to double-cross Putin, how long do you think that life would be?

Bearing in mind:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-traitors-kick-bucket-sergei-skripal-latest-video-30-pieces-silver-a8243206.html

Idle threats?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of you are thinking far enough outside the box.

IS killed Litvinenko, and tried to kill Skripal and co. see by 2018 IS are weakened in syria and Iraq, Brexit is underway and if it succeeds it will be the catalyst for the collapse of the rest of the EU, and the end of free movement in Europe.

As a result IS would be unable to smuggled their vanguard into Europe in the guise of refugees.

So IS built a time machine and sent a Jihadi back to 2006, Litvinenko wasn't really the intended target, He just got contaminated by the Polonium used into the Time machine, but as it happened everyone blamed Russia so it turned out a master stroke.

Following the Leave vote, and the steady progress of Brexit, the time travelling Jihadi tried to kill Skirpal hoping to destabilise UK/Russia relations, knowing full well Russia would be the patsy and even if the plan was discover the liberal media and the authorities would never call it what it was, they would just claim it was a mentally ill lone wolf.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

More significantly, it's in Russia's interests to destabilise the EU.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Russia are great, if all goes well they take over the EU and the UK, then we can be run by a government that actually cares.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Russia are great, if all goes well they take over the EU and the UK, then we can be run by a government that actually cares.

I'll reserve judgement on that, not having lived there.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

New just in.

They took a dodgy E and had a turn.

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chap was found 6 miles or so from Porton Down, where the UK did its own chemical weapons research.

Peculiar coincidence, eh?

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:31 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I presume the Police and Military normally deploy hundreds of people to investigate all attempted murders by poisoning?
Or is this one special, because we're trying to portray Russia as some sort of enemy of the UK?

180 military personnel involved now. They're not even dead yet are they?

We have no idea yet who did this and the bloke was a Russian spy who spied on us, then turned against his own country. As our friend Kham would say, "it's all part and parcel of being in the international spying game". Who gives a shit?

They haven't sent 180 squaddies to kick in doors. Rolling Eyes

From what I understand, Porton down has seen samples, now the military is involved with removal of contaminated items including ambulances and such and with decontamination and making safe, this would seem to be because they wre poisoned with a nerve agent that would fall squarely into the area of expertise of these guys.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:33 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Pjay wrote:

I'll reserve judgement on that, not having lived there.

You can make a judgement based on facts.

Some former Soviet republics aligned themselves with Great Leaders who Care about People, the others fell victim to hordes of dreadful bureaucrats unleashed by Brussels. The information on quality of life in both types is publicly available.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Some former Soviet republics aligned themselves with Great Leaders who Care about People, the others fell victim to hordes of dreadful bureaucrats unleashed by Brussels. The information on quality of life in both types is publicly available.

Would you care to inspire me with some facts that will make me want to go and live in Russia?

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:38 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Would you care to inspire me with some facts that will make me want to go and live in Russia?

Of course! I will even compare the glorious results of colonel Putin's strong and stable leadership in Russia to the grave consequences of cosmopolitan EU shackles in nearby Estonia (which also started as a Soviet republic before USSR broke up).

Average net wage: 476 pounds (Estonia: 850)
GDP growth: 1.6% (3.7%)
Life expectancy: 63 years (69)
Corruption: 135th out of 180 ranked (21st)

But hey, in Russia they don't concern themselves with human rights, accommodating refugees or similar nonsense.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 4 of 35