Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Murder of disabled man.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Murder of disabled man. Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hereford/worcs/7364261.stm

Makes me sick, the mental age of 18months and someone decided
to kill him.

Poor bastard.

They should be shot.

Edit, just seen this.

Looks like she did the right thing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1082807.ece

Not so long ago in this country, the people who did this, would face the consequences, the criminal fraternity would not have stood for this.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 08:13 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, i can't see the link at work for some reason.
But could you explain whats going on?

I was interested to find out as the women had been hung, the kid went missing and then found dead. They said they needed dental records to confirm it was this lad because of the state of the body.

Im confused, i don't know what went on.
It's a sad story though, poor lad. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:50 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the mother put him in the shed,dont think she murdered him though. I dont know its a strange story. Neutral

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed this story gets stranger by the day, they arrested the stepfather and another youth apparently and have applied for an extension with which to question them.

I read yesterday about them needing dental records, and though "why? why would his face be not recognisable?" then I heard they;d dug him up out the back garden and therefore figured he must of been there a while in order for him to be in a state of decomposition.

I think the mother probably had something to do with it, an maybe hung herself in guilt, she was probably in a compromised state of mind with the pressure of looking after her son 24/7, not that it makes it right, but it goes some way to understanding her psyche somewhat.

An extremely sad story non-the-less.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasnt he found in a suitcase in the shed?

My thought was that the parents killed him in some twisted mercy killing kind of way but then the mother couldnt take the guilt and strung herself up. Question

Personally i cant comment on it, i have no kids so to image having a serverly disabled child and all the stuff that goes with it is beyond my comprehsion.
Previous: '99 Honda CBR 600FX, 03 ZX636 B1H, 99 Fazer 600 (red), 02 GSX-R 600 K2, 00 SV650s (red), 2008 ZX10R, 97 Bandit 1200N, 04 ZX6RR K1H, 04 GSX-R 1000, 98 Fazer 600 (gold), 05 Madness 110 Pit bike, 04 CR125R, 00 SV650s (black), 06 KTM 625 SMC, 99 SRAD 600 track bike, 03 SV650, 98 Bandit 1200N, Bandit 600SY, 03 GSX-R 600 K3, 01 GSX-R 600, 01 Fazer 600 (black), VFR 400 NC30 x3, 78 Honda Dream, 00 Speedfight 50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:00 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I forgot about the suitcase bit. Dosnt look to innocent now Confused I am sure more will unfold ( no pun intended).

ken
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they will get to the truth soon enough... and then it will be case closed Embarassed in all seriousness it is very sad. as stated we carn't imagine what its like having to look after the lad 24/7 just like looking after a baby in nappies for ever. stated that in link above that he sat in his room and watched kids play football on the green. must be heartbreaking for him and the parents.

maybe it might have been better for the mother to have put him in a home and visit daily?

on a side note to it, is it possible the lad could of communicated to them that he didn't want to live that way anymore. as said mercy killing...

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ken wrote:
I'm sure they will get to the truth soon enough... and then it will be case closed Embarassed in all seriousness it is very sad. as stated we carn't imagine what its like having to look after the lad 24/7 just like looking after a baby in nappies for ever. stated that in link above that he sat in his room and watched kids play football on the green. must be heartbreaking for him and the parents.

maybe it might have been better for the mother to have put him in a home and visit daily?

on a side note to it, is it possible the lad could of communicated to them that he didn't want to live that way anymore. as said mercy killing...

Sadly when they are put in homes they are rarely visited. I worked a lot of hours in a home looking after disabled and special needs young adults and out of 22 of them 1 had visitors. Its hard work looking after them. Miss them though Crying or Very sad miss getting ambushed at the front door arriving to work with hugs. I wish she had of put him in a home actually. But we wnt know as they are both dead.

ken
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that is the case df, and I'm sure their is other factors to bear in mind, like the location of the home... available transport to get to see them, and of course the out of site out of mind factor aswell...

my step mother is in a home, she went in their after we lost my dad. as she needed looking after... after a stroke, and their is only me out of the rest of my family 3 sisters and 1 brother that can be bothered to go and see her. so I do fully understand the once out of the way factor.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:11 - 26 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ken wrote:
I'm sure that is the case df, and I'm sure their is other factors to bear in mind, like the location of the home... available transport to get to see them, and of course the out of site out of mind factor aswell...

my step mother is in a home, she went in their after we lost my dad. as she needed looking after... after a stroke, and their is only me out of the rest of my family 3 sisters and 1 brother that can be bothered to go and see her. so I do fully understand the once out of the way factor.

I suppose some are heartbrokken also to see their family members like that as when it was the older ones I was looking after it broke my heart when their relative (patient) didnt know who they where form dementia. Yes there are a lot of reasons and I did go through one of two files and seem some where there becuase the family where digraced to have such children and sent them away. Cant go into it to much. But not the case with all.

Its very exsspensive also for care homes £500 a week in one of the ones I was in and that may have been considered cheap for 24 hour care. I just wish if she coldnt handle him he would have been put there. He reminds me of a boy I used to look after. Poor lad sat in his room all day on his own looking out the window becuase his parents requested he was around no one.

It is difficult and I was wreaked after 12 hours shifts. I cant imagine what 24 is like 7 days a week doing everything. lifting,dressing,feeding etc

Still we wont ever know.

ken
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 26 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story has unfolded, very very sad end....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1093662.ece
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:57 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

its his real dad that i feel sorry for

I once met a bloke who's ex murdered his kid on his birthday to get back at him for leaving her. He never got over it.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:42 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a sad little story.
How people's lives can be so terribly terribly distraught, and yet so well disguised.

Crying or Very sad

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 14:49 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or was a mercy killing pretty needed in this case. If at 22 the best eulogy they could write in the paper was;

Quote:
He described him as very tactile and added that he was fascinated by food, having a particular fondness for pizza and bananas, and loved swimming and being outdoors.

Wow, every parents dream.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 15:10 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not a mercy killing just because he didnt amount to much

its a selfish killing possibly because the mother wanted a life of her own

there are always other options though

it could be it wasnt planned and it just happened as result of an ongoing situation, someone lost their temper and snapped or something

toddler tantrums in a grown mans body must be quite hard to deal with

There is a bit of a tendency in the NHS to allow old relatives to be allowed to die for the convenvience of the family and the NHS, even if the old person isnt actually suffering. I dont agree with that either even if it is a drain on the NHS.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:21 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin, i take it you've never known anyone with serious mental or physical disabilities? Or a known a carer of said people.

It is utter hell.

To have the audacity to call the woman selfish after 22 years of looking after what can only amount to a vegetable... that takes a special amount of inanity.

Bravo.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 17:33 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

no,

u said mercy killing, mercy killing is if the one u are killing is suffering

even if someone is suffering looking after someone else, them killing the person they are looking after is still selfish even if they have selflessly looked after their victim for years

I have lived with someone looking after a sick relative for about a year and in the last few months they need constant care, so yes I do know what a strain it can be on the family.

That doesnt make it ok to kill, even if its understandable. Sometimes in these situations people make decisions they regret later because of the strain they are under.

In this case, I think its just as likely that the step dad did it as the mom, but who knows.

Once again someone on bcf can't deal with someone having a different view on a topic.

Im not calling her selfish for looking after her son for 22 years, but if she killed him that would have been selfish.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:42 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin, i'm well aware of the definition of Euthanasia.

You ever seen one flew over the cuckoos nest?

We can argue semantics as long as you like, being 22 and 'fascinated by food' is a horrific state to be in.

I would still consider it a selfless act, that is no state for ANYTHING to live in.

I have no doubt this poor fucker was well aware the misery he was causing, maybe not explicitly, but he would be aware to some level.

Then again I'm a believer of removing all burdens on the state. Call me what you will.

But the fact she hung in there for 22 years, deprived of all the basic fundamental joys of parenthood (cognitive progression, life achievements etc) makes her damn selfless, even IF she killed him.

The fact that he was too simple to explain hunger, and therefore started eating random household objects (yeh, thats a hell of a lifestyle) means it probably was an accident.

Bah, this stuff all boils my piss so i'm stopping here. But NO one should ever have to be cared for past 15 on a permanent basis. Or care for someone for that matter. It's horrific.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:56 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:

We can argue semantics as long as you like, being 22 and 'fascinated by food' is a horrific state to be in.

Im 32 and also fascinated by food. Is that a good enough reason to have me killed too ?

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 02:25 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

Im 32 and also fascinated by food. Is that a good enough reason to have me killed too ?

Nah, but your general posting is Thumbs Up

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:33 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your threshold for justifiable euthanasia is a bit low.

I'd say at the very least, the person to be killed has to be in pain that cant be relieved by drugs. They also need to give consent.

Being an inconvenience to family members, isnt a justifiable reason in my book. If they cant cope, they can get respite care, they can even abandon the person at a homeless shelter with no ID on them. Not ideal, but better than killing them.

The worrying thing is that I'm sure there are people with opinions like yours who work in hospitals and not all of them get convicted for things they get up to.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 02:46 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
I'm sure there are people with opinions like yours who work in hospitals and not all of them get convicted for things they get up to.

Sadly not.

Shout Hitler at me all you like, but considering we have exponential population growth as it is, what gives us the right to keep humans alive either in pain or severely handicapped states just because we can?

I quite enjoy Cancer Biology, and i reckon i could easily nestle in that field. But why should i? It kills the old, which is a good thing. Very few cancers actually afflict the young, with the exception of Leukeamia.

When you get off the pedestal and realise most carers would /love/ for a guilt free excuse to let their charge die, to return to normality, then perhaps i might waste more time discussing this.
You never seen that episode of house,
'caring for him makes you miserable, but not caring for him would make you more miserable...?'

Its a choice I wouldn't even wish on a cunt like Bush, so what if i place the right to a quality of life on the fully functional and able carer over the right to exist of a vegetable.

There is a distinct difference between caring for a elderly relative as they wither and die and mental retardation. My Nan slowly (and i mean slowly) died of Parkinsons, hip damage and other things. All her children (family of 9) save my mother (and therefore us) where there most days. She regularly asked mum to kill her, but she was at least there... mentally. She continued like that for a couple of years.

Then consider the proper vegetables, no actual recognition, 24 hour wipe alert and if you're lucky some sign of recognition. And you are stuck with that until they die of natural circumstances.

Marvellous.

I bet you're one of these idiots that thinks any abortion is selfish too. The same logic is applied.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 08:54 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That news link is blocked at work here, can someone just give me the brief over view of the case please?

Thanks Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

KIlla:

Quote:
HANGED mum Heather Wardle hid her disabled son’s body in a suitcase for up to three months after he died accidentally, cops believed last night.

Tragic James Hughes, 21, who had the mental age of a toddler, is feared to have fallen, suffered a fatal epileptic fit or choked on polystyrene balls and a rubber band — said to have been found inside him.

Detectives fear heartbroken Heather, 39, could not bear to be parted from her son — so put him in the case.

The devoted mum is then thought to have killed herself in panic because her gory secret was about to be exposed.

Forensic tests on the suitcase show it was opened TWICE as it lay under a tarpaulin in the family’s tiny back garden.

Tragic ... mum Heather Wardle
Heather — who was discovered hanged from a tree a mile from the house on Monday — is thought to have been unable to resist peeking at her beloved son.

James’s lifelong condition had left him unable to communicate hunger.

The polystyrene balls — said to have been discovered at a post mortem — were like those found in bean bags.

The revelations emerged as police all but scrapped a murder probe — and freed Heather’s 39-year-old partner and her teenage son Daniel, 17, without charge.

The pair had been questioned for two days.

Explanation
Last night a close friend living nearby in Redditch, Worcs, said: “James was a terrible burden but there is no way Heather would have harmed him.

“She doted on him. The police now realise he must have died accidentally. Heather would have blamed herself — and probably didn’t want anyone else to know.

“She would have done anything to keep James with her — even though he had died.”

Heather’s partner Brian Kirby is thought to have told police she claimed her son was staying at a care home — to give her a break from looking after him round the clock.

It was the same explanation for his absence that she gave teenage Daniel and her younger sons aged eight and six.

But her lie began to unravel eight days ago when her ex-partner Paul Hughes — James’s dad — demanded to know why he had not seen his son for months.

He went to the house in Redditch’s Church Hill estate two days before James would have turned 22 on Sunday.

Heather had hung a “Happy Birthday” banner in the lounge.

Paul, 42, rang the respite home after her new partner Brian innocently told him James was there.

Staff informed him they had not seen his son in months.

Heather vanished that afternoon. Her body was found on Monday — and on Wednesday cops made the grisly discovery of James’s corpse in the suitcase.

It was not in the garden shed as earlier suggested.

The body was so badly decomposed he had to be identified from dental records.

The woman friend — who used to babysit at the house — said: “I’ve known Brian for over 30 years. He’s not got a bad bone in his body. Despite his arrest I knew all along he cared for poor James.

“If he had the slightest inkling about what had happened and that James was in the garden he would have told the police.”

Advertisement

It was Brian who reported Heather and James missing last Saturday.

The neighbour told how she saw Heather out shopping a few weeks before she disappeared.

She said: “I asked how she was. She just wept on my shoulder and said how James was away but she had to be strong for everyone.”

Brian — who was last night staying with relatives along with Daniel and the other boys — was too distraught to comment.

Police last night said inquiries into the “tragic case” were continuing.

Supt. Jane Horwood said: “There are still many unanswered questions. It’s a tragic case and we will leave no stone unturned.”

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2