91%
 91%  [ 54 ]
Leave them alone you arrogant bastard.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 59

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:30 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: The Exhausts Annoy Me Reply with quote

Is anyone else irritated by the sight of tits in small cars with MASSIVE exhausts holding on the the car with bungie ropes. they sound like a huge engine whacking out a good speed, and when you go to see. no. it is another of these wankers in done up saxos with their foot on the floor at 40 past you. it pisses me off. if would be ok if they did it PROPERLY, but nein. there has to be matt painted shitty plastic bubble like body kits that are TOTAL WANK. and stupidly large exhausts.

Rant......... (breathe)..........(gooooose fraba)............ Over......... Middle Finger Mr. Green Middle Finger

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:48 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the odd one or two that did a nice job with their cars...
but 98% of car modders are just sad chavs who need to get a life (and a job) Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RS125_Tecky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 05:26 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted the first option.

gammamanuk
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:58 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a straight through stainless system on my Fiesta, but its a 1.6 DOHC injection so sounds nice and deep, but loud compared to some prick in a saxo 1400 with a big bore 4 that sounds like an angry wasp in a tin. Shocked Laughing

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:42 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't be any worse than the nissan micra that goes about around were i live, the guy has spent 6 grand on it , (looks awful, big alloys, worst still , have vinyl all over it, and a massive back box) i can't remember were i was going, but i didn't have my bike, probably to get drunk but thats not the story haha, anyway as i walk i hear what sounded to me like a decent 1.6/1.8 with a different back box, turned around to see this monstrocity (possible sp, spell check not working) of a car doing about 30mph but sounded like it was doing 60mph.

had me in fits of laughter for ages
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:24 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gammamanuk wrote:
I got a straight through stainless system on my Fiesta, but its a 1.6 DOHC injection so sounds nice and deep, but loud compared to some prick in a saxo 1400 with a big bore 4 that sounds like an angry wasp in a tin. Shocked Laughing

it's still a 1.6 fiesta tho.. and nothing's going to turn a shopping trolley run-about into a sports car.

I find cosmetic mods (including sound) to be completely pointless. Do something interesting under the bonnet first, along with brakes and suspension, and then start tweaking things like exhaust, cos that's what an exhaust does.. tweak's the power.

I'll happily admit I drive a piece-o-shit Xantia turbo diesel, but the plan is to build a kit car with the spare thunderace engine. 148bhp in a lightweight aluminium chassis. THAT will sound great but also, more importantly, go great.

how can "modders" think their cars are "individual" or "unique" when they all buy the same fat exhausts, the same lexus lights, the same sunstrips, the same cheap alloys, the same crap bodykits, the same tints, the same delocked doors, the same smoothed bootlids, the same "badboy" bonnet, and the same wings/spoilers (when most wouldn't even know the difference between a wing and a spoiler: downforce on the rear of a front whel drive car? Why?)

sorry if I'm pissing on your "hobby" gammaman, but I think modding silly little cars to be a waste of time and money. By the time most have spunked out the thousands on bodykits and the like they could have bought a proper car, that LOOKS great, and has performance to match the looks.

a

getyerkneedow...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:22 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

feef wrote:
gammamanuk wrote:

it's still a 1.6 fiesta tho.. and nothing's going to turn a shopping trolley run-about into a sports car.

I find cosmetic mods (including sound) to be completely pointless. Do something interesting under the bonnet first, along with brakes and suspension, and then start tweaking things like exhaust, cos that's what an exhaust does.. tweak's the power.

I'll happily admit I drive a piece-o-shit Xantia turbo diesel, but the plan is to build a kit car with the spare thunderace engine. 148bhp in a lightweight aluminium chassis. THAT will sound great but also, more importantly, go great.

how can "modders" think their cars are "individual" or "unique" when they all buy the same fat exhausts, the same lexus lights, the same sunstrips, the same cheap alloys, the same crap bodykits, the same tints, the same delocked doors, the same smoothed bootlids, the same "badboy" bonnet, and the same wings/spoilers (when most wouldn't even know the difference between a wing and a spoiler: downforce on the rear of a front whel drive car? Why?)

sorry if I'm pissing on your "hobby" gammaman, but I think modding silly little cars to be a waste of time and money. By the time most have spunked out the thousands on bodykits and the like they could have bought a proper car, that LOOKS great, and has performance to match the looks.

a

WELL SAID THAT MAN!!!!

Couldnt have worded it better myself Feef. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMW 525i
Mods?
Why?
2500cc of Fuel Injected Straight Six SEX Laughing

Novas and chavy spottie little pricks in my rear view mirror all the time is not so bad.

But someones mum's nova is cool coz mums are cool.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 13:19 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnt bikers the same who do tasteless mods like dubble bubble screens that dont match the bike? tacky andonised bits? Loud exhausts? rim tape?

ring any bells people?

Just flip the coin over we are the same.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
Arnt bikers the same who do tasteless mods like dubble bubble screens that dont match the bike? tacky andonised bits? Loud exhausts? rim tape?

ring any bells people?

Clapping

Yup, let he without sin cast the first stone.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can throw some. Laughing

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 13:47 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:

ring any bells people?

I have a double bubble screen.

I bought it to make the airflow more comfortable when riding, since my height and riding position caused a lot of buffeting with the standard one. After chosing it for it's shape and performance, I then took the option of tinted, as it matches the colour of the bike. performance first. Cosmetics second.

all other mods are relatively invisible, and primarily functional

eg: cast iron disks all round (fully floating on the front)
custom built rear shock, and revalved fronts
I had the front disks going blue on the cadwell trackday last year, so yes I am using them.

only other thing I've added is a pillion rail.

no rim tape
no bar ends
no tiny little indicators
no tinted headlamp covers
no pointless graphics
no silly little numberplate

Remus race can was put on to lend tatters my stock one, so he could MOT it. ince then the clutch has gone, so I've not bothered switching it back yet, until I do that.

Xantia is completely stock, apart from 3-spoke alloys that were on it when I got the car (for free)

so yes.. when it comes to pointless mods, I think I am relatively guilt free.

stone cast.

a

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:01 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many CBR125 riders have we heard asking about spending £200 on a micron exhaust (10% of the value of the bike!)

Simiarly - 400cc bikes, yes they may be faster than most cars, but on most roads will be slaughtered by litre bikes.

Of course I claim myself to be fairly sin free, but I'm sure some will remember the custom heel plate incident Smile.

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:

ring any bells people?

Like the time of mods and rockers. people i know were mainly mods and non participants.

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 14:47 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are instances where modded bits can be excused...

if a bit has broken, or worn out and NEEDs to be replaced, then why not buy the tarty option, as long as it's recognised it's for it's tartiness, and not for any perceived, pretend go-faster ability it offers in your little dreamland of chrome, tinsel and purple anodising Wink

a

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 14:52 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend has a different exhaust on his 05 corsa. It's not a loud one but has a nice sound to it. Quite deep but not much louder than standard. Quite like it but it was quite expensive and not worth it. Confused

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 14:56 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
My friend has a different exhaust on his 05 corsa. It's not a loud one but has a nice sound to it. Quite deep but not much louder than standard. Quite like it but it was quite expensive and not worth it. Confused

what is it's primary purpose? to make the car sound more powerful than it is? or to replace a knackered exhaust and that happened to be a reasonable replacement with the "bonus" of sounding more powerful than it is.

I doubt adding a phat pipe to a corsa will make any difference to power, except in his mind's eye, when he burns off people who are unaware they are in a race Wink

a

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 15:07 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not loud its fairly quite but has a nice rumble. He got it because it looks a lot better than the standard may give a tiny amount of power and sounds nicer. It's road legal, same reason why someone may buy a road legal race can for their bike. Smile

I don't mind a loud exhaust on a fast car same as bikes but on a car i just laugh.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is 'Rim Tape'?
And how do you fit it?

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly speaking it's not a bike mod. It involves large amounts of gaffa tape and your starfish. Shocked

I agree with Dodsi here, and if anyone is the 'bike chav' here it's Jordan. Laughing But I do think that most bike modifications are more subtle and less ridiculous. For example, nothing like a spoiler is ever added to a bike. Bad comparison, but my point is, a spoiler which you see on so many FWD cars simply adds drag and weight, and reduces grip. Whereas on a bike, modifications are either done simply because they're a tarty copy of the original component, or they improve performance in some way.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 16:14 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
but I'm sure some will remember the custom heel plate incident Smile.

On the zx9 if memory serves? Involving a drill and some bad drilling skillz? Razz

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:16 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just bumped into a mate of mine in sainsburys. Hes got a 2.8 VW Vento, with just a K+N airfilter and a new exhaust system and some nice alloys. Not too chavvy and it sounds fucking ace. Thumbs Up

gammamanuk
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:29 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feef and get getyerknobinme

You can both STFU !

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=70017

Twisted Evil Razz

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 17:12 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gammamanuk wrote:
Feef and get getyerknobinme

You can both STFU !

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=70017

Twisted Evil Razz

Look out getyerkneedown... I've hooked a big one! Very Happy

<starts reeling it in>

I'll STFU when you show me a car that isn't a shopping trolley designed for nipping out to tesco. A car that will properly utilise the power of a 2.0 engine without suffering torque steer, and moreso when the insurance quote for a heavily modified 1.6 fiesta doesn't outstrip that of a bigger, faster 2.0 car; so you can't even use the cheaper to insure arguement that most modders use.

that being said.. credit where credit's due.. at least you're not going down the bodywork and looks first, performance second (if at all) route. I'll give you that... but nothing takes away he fact it's a Fiesta.

a

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 17:40 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a thing on 5th gear ages ago i saw about modified saxo's. There was one guy who was about 25 and spent 25k on his saxo. Shocked I have to be fair it didn't look too bad (dont normally like done up cars) but it was a fucking 1.1 engine. Laughing

I laughed so much, what an absolute tool he could have a tvr for that. Resale value about £3k and it goes slower than a moped. Absolute knob.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2