Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Emergency Relationship Problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MementoMori
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Emergency Relationship Problem Reply with quote

If in the following, it sounds like I'm portraying myself as a long suffering petty little woman, it's because I am.

Ok, well it's my boyfriend's 18th tomorrow. On Saturday I went shopping in Brum for 6 hours to get him some decent stuff with all the money I had left. Had a splitting headache by the end of it, but Danny's band had a gig and I wanted to show him my support by turning up.

Feeling a bit shit, I didn't pay him as much attention as he would have liked and he consequently got pretty mad at me. He had a massive go at me on Sunday night, then later texted with some apology.

He always does this, and I have enough on my plate at the minute, so this time I wasn't having it.

I text him back saying "Just leave me alone" and he has done, but as I said, it's his birthday tomorrow and I dunno how to make the situation better for then.

We were gonna go down the pub, but it is difficult to hide how shit I feel atm and I don't wanna ruin his day, but then again I can't not turn up.

I dunno how to resolve this, but I need to do it tonight. Please, please help! Would really appreciate anything you can offer!

Thanks a lot!

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 19:31 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprise part. Smile

To be fair its not much of an 18th without a fuck off party anyway, a few pints down the pub is quite boring.

I reckon that would go down well although quite short notice. Better get phoning. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 21:02 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: Emergency Relationship Problem Reply with quote

MementoMori wrote:
Feeling a bit shit, I didn't pay him as much attention as he would have liked

Are you his mother???

MementoMori wrote:
He had a massive go at me on Sunday night, then later texted with some apology. He always does this,

He's a clueless twat with control & insecurity issues, take the stuff back to the stores & return it to get you money back.
Tell him to go fuck himself.
hth.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill him.

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 22:23 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much attention as 'he would have liked'
He sounds like a controlling mother fu*ker

You had a bad day (looking for stuff for HIM)
It doesn't even matter why you had a bad day, people do...give and take
He should not have got mad at you

If he has done this before, then there is some issue here
Why does he keep doing it ?
Think about it
Is he possessive ? Crave your attention in every situation ??
I mean, at HIS gig, he should be lapping it up, having fun... not wanting you to be gaggin over him so to speak..you get the jist !!)

Think deep, try and rationalise this shit

If he is possessive(which he is), get out now
Send him a card, that is a sentiment from a 'friend' for his 'special' day

take his gifts back

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

PUNCH HIS TITS

Nedmonds
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:42 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he needs you more as a mother figure and not a girlfriend, If he is 18 he should at least be mature enough to accept that u were out for HIM all day shopping and then u dont show HIM enough attention lmao.

Stop acting like a mother figure if thats what your doing and everytime he takes a tantrum just tell him to piss off to his mums house for some hugs

Im 18 and i am mature as i think i can be.
seeing as i have the biggest struggle ahead of me

Just tell him to pack it in, and grow up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty more fish in the sea.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty more fish in the sea , and looking at your pictures , you can probably have your pick of them too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean there's people that actually LIKE having a G/F that acts as their mum?!

Nedmonds
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:55 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i imagine there are would give people a sense of security.

I think you would have to be a pyscho to want ur GF to be ur mum, Would that not be like sleeping with your mum? lmao

bindy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 03:32 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a girls pov hes just being a typical boy. Not to say that all guys are like that, there are lots who are not as insecure, like my boyfriend but then he comes with his own unique set of problems. It depends how much shit you want to put up with. If it is something that really annoys you then telll him. He sounds a bit controlling or insecure, one of those. Or both.... You bought him heaps of presents and turned up. Just ring him and tell him how you feel, and let him know that you are annoyed at him and let him know that you dont want it to happen in the future and that he should be more understanding in relation to how YOU feel. If he loves you then he should be able to get his ass into gear!

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 03:36 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Always siding with the person whos problem it is, blankly. Giving good impartial advice as always BCF Rolling Eyes

Also unless you tell him you're feeling shit, it would appear you just turned up like you'd been forced and thoroughly didnt want to be there. You dont stipulate just how much attention he craved.

If he wanted you gazing lovingly in his eyes the whole time he played and then wanted you to rush the stage to hug him the moment he stopped playing... maybe hes a knob.

If he just wanted you to look interested and such i could understand him being a tad annoyed. Because im sure he asked you a couple of times in the night if you were alright, and you most likely replied with a hearty 'yeah im fine' and so he goes off. With you looking like a wet weekend.

Might not have been the enthusiastic proud gf he envisaged?

Its also nice that he apologised, as again, id imagine this massive go he had at you involved a few sharp words if that. And because, as you said, you felt tired, you took it to heart...

Like i say, im not certain (i wasnt there), but its an idea to get some perspective on it all.
For instance when you say you went there to show support, that sounds like he was nervous. I know if i was nervous about something, the last thing id want to put up with is a moping gf.
Unless you tell him, and he understands to what extent, how can he empathise... ?

As for his birthday, why not start the ball rolling with a text along the lines of 'Sorry for being a bit snappy, ive just been a bit tired lately and its doing my nut abit, thats why i was quiet the other night'
Hell if you really want to make sure he has no comeback, hormones or woman problems mentioned usually screws most guys arguments.

Bare in mind, the guy only has one 18th. Inviting him round yours for a cuddle, make up sex and a bit of food would be far less stressful. And then leave him to go out with his male mates and get horrifically drunk.

Job done.

And yes i have been blunt in this post, but in all honesty, sycophantic obtuse mumblings of 'hes a prick' probably werent what you wanted (even though you seemed to subconsciously wrote your post to seem that way)
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Last edited by Visitor Q on 00:56 - 27 Mar 2006; edited 1 time in total

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:42 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say fuck him off and send me a PM Wink

Only joking, you look like a lovely lady, and he should be grateful for having firstly, such a fit bird, and secondly, one who makes such an effort.

You can't spend your life trying to please him, but it's your call. Wink

Now about that PM........... Rolling Eyes

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 16:07 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's a bit late as it's his birthday today, but FOOK ME! Are all brum girls as fit as you are?! Wink

Honestly he sounds like a waste of space and WAY too clingy for his own good, then again, from his point of view.

Maybe he's trying to hold onto the best thing in the world that's ever happened to him...and he's an attention whore Laughing

Chris

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

he sounds a bit of a wimp, why you with him?

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 05:08 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a violin?

And once again bonny and/or me are left to not lick the girls arse hole and understand that theirs 2 sides to a story.
Seriously, calling the guy a prick because you get a few sentences from a girl bad mouthing him? Talk about knight in shining armor/currying favor.

I like how the OP makes out that they've toiled for the guys birthday "Oh I've been shopping for 6 hours for him"......Sorry but if you've been shopping 6 hours for a fucking present you obviously don't know him do you? That or you were bullshitting to get sympathy from the pathetic 'men' on here, I'd say both.
Oh and of course you gotta mention your spending the last of your dough, I'm sure you'll remind him of this like it isn't your own fault for not managing your bloody money better.

You put it very vaguely when you said you didn't pay him as much attention as he liked, as bonny said did you give him the usual women shit of "nothings wrong" then sat there looking like the worlds on your shoulders and your gonna top yourself? That will cause an argument with most people.

Your boyfriend might indeed be a prick, but you sound like an irritable cunt of a girlfriend. You should get along great.

How did it go anyway?

MementoMori
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was wondering when you'd pipe up.

Bonny, thanks for posting your idea of the male side of things. Always useful getting someone else's other side of the story.

It went OK. I told him that things were difficult right now and he said he just wanted me to miss him but if he'd known about what was going on, he wouldn't have and that he was sorry.

I think I'll stick with him for a bit longer. But I appreciate all the advice and compliments, lol.

Thanks again, for your time.

Thumbs Up Karma

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 17:39 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MementoMori wrote:
he said he just wanted me to miss him

Good fucking grief, he REALLY misses his mum. Rolling Eyes

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 21:51 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MementoMori wrote:
Was wondering when you'd pipe up.

I always pop up when people fish for sympathy without cause. Truth is a bitch ain't it.

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:16 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedmonds wrote:
Yeah i imagine there are would give people a sense of security.

I think you would have to be a pyscho to want ur GF to be ur mum, Would that not be like sleeping with your mum? lmao

Its been proven that in your unconsicous mind you actually choose people that have similar traits to your mother, and its there because of the bonding process between child and mother at birth!

If this bonding doesnt take place then you get all screwed up and go loopy, this is why my ex girlfriend now lives in aberdeen with some 40 year old bloke and his 3 kids and shes only 19. Confused

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 22:17 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta agree, some of the guys on here need to get some mother fucking perspective.

You think girls on here will remember you where the one currying favour 5 months ago, on the internet should you ever happen to meet them in person?

Or you reckon you are going to get PM'ed ;

'I loved your reply, yes i think he is a prick, and i am going to dump him. Oh you think im beautiful... well thats very sweet. Mind if i pop over so i can show how grateful i am for you telling me exactly what you thought i wanted to hear.

Oh and is it ok if i bring along me sister... we'd like you to tell us who has the bigger chest?'

Its like all the twats on myspace commenting on pics with 'beautiful' etc, or generally adding them as friends.

Jesus people, locate your dicks and fucking use them. You are a disgrace to our gender.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

MementoMori
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus fucking christ, a couple of guys pay me a compliment and The Infamous Internet Warrior Gti and his trusty sidekick Bonny rush in to save the virtual male gender before it's too late and yet another of their clan ventures into having a laugh with 'the hated ones with boobies'.

Awww, so cute! Mr. Green

Keep up the good work, lads. Thumbs Up

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 23:07 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MementoMori wrote:
Jesus fucking christ, a couple of guys pay me a compliment and The Infamous Internet Warrior Gti and his trusty sidekick Bonny

Haha.

Fuck male gender.

I do it because its whats leading to the jumped up bints wandering round thinking they are gods gift.

Any woman posts a pic on the net, assuming shes not an obvious whale, will get hordes of sycophantic toadying comments from desperate people working on the same principle of spam emailers.

If we do it often enough, one of em surely has to bite.

I grew out of it when i was about 14, as i saw the monsters i was creating.

Obviously some people still think its a good idea... more fool them.

And you are either lying or incredibly naive

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:15 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MementoMori wrote:

I think I'll stick with him for a bit longer.

What a fucking bitch! Wait until something better comes along, that's the sort of injustice men are accused of all the time! If you aint happy get rid, if not don't string him along until another lad with nice hair and shoes comes along. Thumbs Down
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2