Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The electric bike welsh death riot thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be impressed if these type of riders even knew how to spell 'carbon footprint' meant never mind what it means.
Do you think they were thinking of the environment in Ely when they were setting cars on fire?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I'd be impressed if these type of riders even knew how to spell 'carbon footprint' meant never mind what it means.
Do you think they were thinking of the environment in Ely when they were setting cars on fire?

Maybe they only burnt diesel cars?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said gross misconduct notices had been served on the driver and passenger seen in a police van behind the boys in the Ely area. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65893769

Think it just means they're being investigated.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said gross misconduct notices had been served on the driver and passenger seen in a police van behind the boys in the Ely area. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65893769

Think it just means they're being investigated.

The wokery needs to be stamped out.

I never understood why people trying to prevent t a crime are responsible for results of people doing crime.

It's the George Floyd (drug addict, convicted armed robber criminal) case all over again.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the Henry Hicks case.

It was shortly after that the Met' police basically stopped pursuing bikes, which lead to a spike in motorcycle theft and crimes committed on bikes: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/chasing-mopeds-through-the-streets-is-too-risky-london-police-are-told-10208945.html

Although I think they've started taking them out again: https://youtu.be/807PIVPxpY8?t=13 Clapping

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts of UK are rapidly declining into the same anarchist position as Los Angeles, Seattle and Portland became during the Chinese Virus pandemic.

Those who create stability and contribute to economic development are being ruled by hippies and Chomski-ites.

This shit is only popular with a minority.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest understanding is that the law states:

These are classed as powered vehicles, differing from (for example) power assisted bicycles (in these they will not move without pedal input from yourself)

They are limited to a maximum speed of 15.5mph

Insurance is required, but covered by the hiring company when you hire one provided you are legal (see below point)

AT LEAST a provisional driving license is required to legally drive/ride one

It is not possible for a 15 year old to have a provisional driving licence. Therefore said 15 year old is breaking the law. But then so are all the other countless fucktards looking about 10 years old driving around on them.

Would be pretty awful if they started killing people. Oh wait, they have. 14 year old ended up with a 5 year driving ban (LOL) and a £75 victim surcharge.

This issue really needs sorting out. But then the police are far too busy keeping open minds and saying stuff is mental health related
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:09 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that covers the electric scooter pilot. What these scroates are riding are best describled as motorcrossers but with electric rather than petrol power.

You can actually get them from Sur Ron registered for the road with number plates and everything and they are subject to exactly the same laws as a similarly powered petrol bike is.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round my way plenty of yoofs have old petrol bikes that have never seen a numberplate or an MOT in donkeys. They ride them on the estates with no lids and go from estate to estate on the pedestrian redways so they never enconter any cops, not that it would make an iota of difference round here as the TVP ignore anything that looks like too much hard work.

The scrotes know unless they top someone or themselves no one is going to touch them. I know someone who reported anti social behavior on the bikes to the police who told her they couldn't do anything. She even told them the houses the bikes were kept at.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Round my way plenty of yoofs have old petrol bikes that have never seen a numberplate or an MOT in donkeys. They ride them on the estates with no lids and go from estate to estate on the pedestrian redways so they never enconter any cops, not that it would make an iota of difference round here as the TVP ignore anything that looks like too much hard work.

The scrotes know unless they top someone or themselves no one is going to touch them. I know someone who reported anti social behavior on the bikes to the police who told her they couldn't do anything. She even told them the houses the bikes were kept at.

This is becoming more common round where I stay too. I used to maybe see one or two scrotes in a blue moon on illegal two strokes but it's now a weekly thing.

I see people on electric scooters and fast e-bikes every single day now.

I have absolutely nothing against e-scoots and e-bikes, genuinely I think they are fantastic little things. The thing I have a problem with is that they ain't insured cuz I just want whoever get's injured to at least get some compensatory payments and not left injured with nothing by a scrote.

I know I will get shit from Nobby who always argues on this but I would include it with bicycles too, even ones ridden by kids. If there's no insurance mechanism there, then there should be.

Don't like it? Tough shit. Fuck off onto your own private land then cunt. Simple.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:46 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It started with eBike conversions. Grab a motor, convert bike, ride off into the sunset. Legally they were motorbikes but quickly low powered versions were classified as "assisted bicycles." 250W / 15.5mph perfectly fine for anyone over the age of 14 to ride.

Thing is can you tell the difference between a 250W and 350W motor? 500W? 1500W?! Not really. The things would need to be tested by an expert - a real expert that could work out if someone had flipped a power limiting mode on the bike computer. So years and years of bike conversions that outwardly look very ordinary - stealth builds if you will. I would know, I used to make loads of 'em. Unless you passed a traffic cop at 50mph uphill and they had their recording stuff turned on you'd never get a tug. Even then they'd still have to send the bike away to get tested for the whole "no insurance, no licence, no mot, do not pass go, do not collect £200" to stick. A lot of hassle.

And of course, there are no police prowling the streets any more. First it was just targeting areas, maybe a "no insurance" trap here or there. I used to see them regularly traveling into London but now it's just fixed cameras and vans. Police chasing down suspects on eBikes is now such an anomaly that attempting to do so might cost you your job...

Ely riots: Police officers' conduct before fatal crash probed

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should let them keep their knives.
And they can Self-Regulate. Cool

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was but a teenage Grr, I had a tatty 1984 CM125, standard but for having a 2 into 1 exhaust. At the time
there were lots of Superdream CB125's and 250's and a few CM250's about on the road and visually there was
almost nothing in it size and looks wise between that and the 250 versions. While my bike was properly taxed
insured(ish) and MOT'd, I absolutely refused to wear L plates on it because I had someone on the back half of
the time and that would have got me nicked as we weren't reliant on camera enforcement back then. I only
ever got stopped with a passenger the once, by a motorcycle copper for my smaller number plate rather than anything
reckless I was up to. I was shitting my whack because these bastards knew all the ins and outs unlike the Panda car
muppets. Of course I was polite and gracious. After a lecture and him producing a ruler out of one of his panniers to
measure my letters, he asked me what colour my licence was to which I lied and replied "pink officer" at which point
he sent me on my way with no more than a ticking off about the number plate and a recommendation to buy
a correctly sized one which I of course forgot to do. Me and the passenger were wearing Brando style leather
jackets, full face lids and gloves and certainly looked the part and I stopped when signalled to do so, think that
went a long way towards his leniency, he could have thrown the book at me.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus you could nick valid road tax discs. Erase the biro writing on them with brake fluid then write yourown details on. Thumbs Up

Not that I ever ever did that, no Sir.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see if HMG is waiting for a catalog of these 'incidents' to accumulate before announcing more rigorous law enforcement..

Much as I abhor the tits on the (illegal) e-vehicles i suspect 14 year old me would be plotting some way to get one..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
It started with eBike conversions. Grab a motor, convert bike, ride off into the sunset. Legally they were motorbikes but quickly low powered versions were classified as "assisted bicycles." 250W / 15.5mph perfectly fine for anyone over the age of 14 to ride.

I think there's a difference between 'assisted bicycles' and fully powered. With assist, you have to do the pedalling to get the thing moving and then it's easier with the power assist. Fully powered e scooters are a different matter.

At the end of the day it's tragic that people have died but they were breaking the law. If you get on a motorbike drunk and potato yourself into a brick wall, should we have sympathy? (It's a SRS question btw)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Plus you could nick valid road tax discs. Erase the biro writing on them with brake fluid then write yourown details on. Thumbs Up

Not that I ever ever did that, no Sir.

Cloning Number Plates was aye mentioned as a thing.

I don't think it ever became much of a thing.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:24 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Cloning Number Plates was aye mentioned as a thing.

I don't think it ever became much of a thing.

Although having one for the MOT and one for riding about is a thing in some circles.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 16 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get LCD number plates for cars. Just flip a switch and it cycles through whatever pre-programmed plates you like. "For Show Use Only" of course Wink

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:30 - 16 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scummy people will be scummy....

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/arrests-cars-seized-memorial-ride-155817291.html

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:15 - 16 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Maybe a new policy of taking non roadworthy vehicles off people who have no right to drive them on the road anyway instead of just ignoring them?

That would be a good result. After all, they couldn't have crashed and died on their illegally ridden motorcycle if it had been taken off them.

With the amount of CCTV coverage etc they have in towns these days, it can't be the hardest thing to just watch where illegal vehicles get parked up then pile in and grab it rather than making it a traffic stop.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 20 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spite's just done a bit on the Sur-Ron:

https://youtu.be/1IjGm9DN5Ic

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:32 - 20 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
a bit on the Sur-Ron

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sur+ron+police+chase

Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:53 - 21 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Wow... Shocked
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6