View previous topic : View next topic  

Did the hippy buy the right bike?
Yes the Benelli was the right choice.
63%
 63%  [ 23 ]
Should have got the MV even if it isnt so great on the road
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Should have gone with the new Xtra Raptor even if it isnt as high spec as the original
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 12:35 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

benelli definately

its got a cooler name for a start Razz

tornado Cool agusta Rolling Eyes

looks better to me, the underseat exhausts were nice on the mv before people started putting them on R1's and stuff Razz and dont think its nearly as impressive in the flesh

plus triple sound Very Happy
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 13:11 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is a love it or hate it bike - we do go for the unusuall bikes that is why I personally own a V raptor Rolling Eyes Laughing

dindin wrote:
p.s.
what a bloody busy mess the raptor is eh?
dunner look right to me--looks like a cheap streetfighter(oh im sorry-a bike thats been dropped too many times and cant afford a descent fairing)-thats a streetfighter innit?

lol Mr. Green

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsHippy wrote:
Well it is a love it or hate it bike - we do go for the unusuall bikes that is why I personally own a V raptor Rolling Eyes Laughing

dindin wrote:
p.s.
what a bloody busy mess the raptor is eh?
dunner look right to me--looks like a cheap streetfighter(oh im sorry-a bike thats been dropped too many times and cant afford a descent fairing)-thats a streetfighter innit?

lol Mr. Green

Not to mention the pinkness Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 13:14 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn Right - should have put it down as an option in the poll! Living for the now is all very well we have nice bikes, gadgets and toys but the house needs central heating, a lot of the walls are naked and undecorated, the bathroom is unfinished and I want proper carpets in the bedrooms.

Then again we have lots of fun!

EvilBendy wrote:
Right about now, I'd be saying 'central heating'. Mr. Green

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 13:16 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the shape of the benelli tank isnt much better - its lucky we dont want children!!

Annabella wrote:
I think the Benelli is more attractive in the flesh. Definately better looking.

I love the MV, but I was a little worried about the shape of the tank..

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
Well I think that as long as he is happy with it and stays happy with it then it was the right choice. I personally would never have bought it, but that is just because I have a different taste in bikes to him. I have a thing for this bike at the moment.
https://www.gwfweb.com/cycles/tlr/tlr00133.jpg

Wasn't that model nicknamed the 'TankSlapper' ?.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:25 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did buy the right one if he is happy with it, and with a Benelli he should be Very Happy

And I'd rather have a garage of shiney bikes to use than painted walls Smile

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TLS was the tankslapper Nick, not the TLR.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:30 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TLs also had more power... I'd be quite tempted by one if I had the money etc etc.

dindin
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats another reason why me bikes better than me missus....
....if i found out me bike was a slapper id just fit a damper

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 00:36 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted MV although you should be damn happy with a benelli you spoilt MO FO Razz at least you have the choice! Wink
A benelli is superior to most bikes so you should be happy!
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 00:48 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after having sat on them all again at the NEC, I am 100% certain that I have indeed bought the right machine. Very Happy
I figure that I have had a V Raptor (and still do by proxy), and apart from the carbon there is very little difference between it and the X Raptor.
The choice between the MV and the Benelli however is much closer. However I find the riding position on the Benelli a little friendlier.
The MV would kill the wrists after 5 mins through town, however the Benelli has alot less weight on the wrists. Looks wise I think that there is really very little in it, the underseat cans on the MV are very nice, but these days everyone is copying it Confused
So, I am very lucky to have the bike I have - but I am even more lucky to have a wife who understands my passion for bikes, and lets me have my little ( Shocked ) extravigances now and then.

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:56 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benelli no doubt!

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 10:23 - 29 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

No come on dear you know flattery will get you ....

Actual scratch that you seem to have done very well with flattery so far!! Laughing

PsychoHippy wrote:
Well, after having sat on them all again at the NEC, I am 100% certain that I have indeed bought the right machine. Very Happy
I figure that I have had a V Raptor (and still do by proxy), and apart from the carbon there is very little difference between it and the X Raptor.
The choice between the MV and the Benelli however is much closer. However I find the riding position on the Benelli a little friendlier.
The MV would kill the wrists after 5 mins through town, however the Benelli has alot less weight on the wrists. Looks wise I think that there is really very little in it, the underseat cans on the MV are very nice, but these days everyone is copying it Confused
So, I am very lucky to have the bike I have - but I am even more lucky to have a wife who understands my passion for bikes, and lets me have my little ( Shocked ) extravigances now and then.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2