BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The sexy Jl

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

18aprilia
I don't get it?

PostPosted: 21:22 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people do want to tune up 125, something to work for everyday, plus its about making ur bike unique and the way u want it. thats the whole point im doing this, and hopefully this bike will stay with me for ages and ages.... till i decide to move on to a bigger bike! this is a perfect exmaple of what i mean, by making the bike unqiue,

lovley pics.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:06 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

18aprilia wrote:
and hopefully this bike will stay with me for ages and ages

Pretty much everyone says that, and it doesn't happen, you'll want be wanting to do your test and once you've done that you won't really be wanting to stay with your RS125, you'll want to get something bigger.

You won't increase the value of the bike by buying parts for it, it can reduce the value of it as people prefer to buy a standard one rather than one which someone has stuck lots of bolt of shiney bits onto. So if the parts are worth it for the tart value then fair enough, but you're not adding to the value of the bike, and not adding to the performance of the bike, and the bike will be much easier to sell as standard. You'll find that if you were to spend the money you were going to spend on buying aftermarker parts on doing some training and then your test, you'll find being allowed to have pillions, riding without L plates and using motorways much more useful than having a different exhaust.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:21 - 27 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Pretty much everyone says that, and it doesn't happen, you'll want be wanting to do your test and once you've done that you won't really be wanting to stay with your RS125, you'll want to get something bigger.

I was the same, when i turned 17 and first got a 125 i was planning on keeping it for at least a year but after having a go on bigger bikes i just couldn't wait to do my test, i done my test 6 months later after my 17th birthday, then i got a 250 which i got bored with quick so now i have a 600 and 18 next month Mr. Green.

Well what ever floats your boat, it's your bike so is completely upto you what you do to it, most of us have been there and done it (waisting money on 125's) and i for one regret it as i lost a lot of money.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 12:39 - 27 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikedudextrm wrote:
i had a single JL on my old rs125 but it came with it and my bike wasn't much faster than a mates rs125 which had the standard pipe. Most of the difference if any will be in your head.

No mate your wrong there.
1. Your and your mates bike could have up to 3hp differences between them as stock due to the way in which they have been run in or due to Italian build quality i.e. Not everything is exactly the same size (which is why many people blue print there engines)
2. You never had anything to compare the JL to, so if you never rode your bike with a stock exhaust you will never no how much difference the JL made.
3. Simple differences like chain and sprockets will affect your hp so you cannot really compare you and your mates bike.

Quote:
Exactly, so the one thing they offer is the looks

And Ste, your wrong again.
1. Yes they do look better
2. They last longer than the original stock pipe
3. They sound a lot better
4. They are built better
5. They DO give improvements in hp as well as altering the power curve (this has been proved on a dyno)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 12:41 - 27 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
18aprilia wrote:
and hopefully this bike will stay with me for ages and ages

You'll find that if you were to spend the money you were going to spend on buying aftermarker parts on doing some training and then your test, you'll find being allowed to have pillions, riding without L plates and using motorways much more useful than having a different exhaust.

Does it look like he has L plates to you????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
LorryDriver This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.
Chrisowingtot... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 27 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kept my 125 for 3 and a half years and i bought it after i passed my full test. It suits my needs and seeing as i hardly get off B roads, its fast enough.

A decent pipe is the best addition to a two stroke, however the RS one is an example of a decent OE one. The good thing about a JL system is that they will be designed for a full power engine, while the OE system will of had to have some consideration for restricted bikes.

As for performance gains, yes 1.5bhp is very little, but its still 5% extra for 5% of the cost of the bike. If the JL system is anything like an Arrow system, gains of upto 10% could be had.

I'm one of those people who would rather have a small bike as i like to screw the engine everywhere, while if i had a 600cc bike i wouln't be able to do that. Ok, if the insurance wasn't as high i wouldn't mind ~50bhp, but 33bhp is fine at the moment.

Youngun' - The build quality of the Italian's has nothing to do with RS engines, as they are Austrian...

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 17:40 - 27 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Even so, not every engine has exactly the same sizes and clearences as the next engine.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 27 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking pissing myself!!!

I love the "but I bet I'm a better ride than you" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Quality.

And the call us dickheads......... Rolling Eyes

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 11:42 - 03 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do they come from? Obviously a cunt without a bike or a bird. Got nothing better to do LorryDriver? Have a wank you sad fuck and stop laring people off on the internet. You think it makes you look hard? Prick. Middle Finger Rolling Eyes

speedysaban
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:38 - 03 Nov 2004    Post subject: exhaust Reply with quote

hey i have just seen the exhaust i want to know if u can get this exact exhaust for a cagiva mito 125cc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 14:36 - 03 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedging all bets, I'm guessing www.cmpracing.co.uk could answer that one...

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

18aprilia
I don't get it?

PostPosted: 17:36 - 03 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes u can buy it for the cagvia mito would look proper Bo' cost 225 pounds i think. getting mine very soon, i hope!

Lee_367
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:33 - 04 Nov 2004    Post subject: Re: exhaust Reply with quote

speedysaban wrote:
hey i have just seen the exhaust i want to know if u can get this exact exhaust for a cagiva mito 125cc

I believe one is currently in development for the mito. Wink

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 01:57 - 06 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They sound a lot better

Wouldn't be fucking hard now would it Very Happy 2 stroke 125s sound like mopeds being tortured!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2