BCF: Bike Chat Forums

?6000 to spend. Need Help. And a bike :P

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Simpy2k
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:57 - 07 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont for get the restrictor kit for the Gixxer Thats £150 aswell!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 07 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had 6 grand to blow on a bike.

0ni
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 08 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrchips wrote:
I wish I had 6 grand to blow on a bike.

In truth ive only spent £3000 total on the bikes, including security, restrictor kits, cleaning stuff, basic maintenance kit etc.

I had to budget for leathers, garden landscapping (and workshop construction), training, tests and insurance.

Nearly finished now! Cant wait for my student support to come in on january - £1200 more to spend! (kidding this is going on the holiday Razz )

Neighbour gave me a disgusted look earlier on when I fired up the gixxer to keep the battery charged.

Good to know the Micron exhaust is earning every penny Twisted Evil Shes a cow anyway..! lol

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:15 - 08 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

0ni wrote:

Neighbour gave me a disgusted look earlier on when I fired up the gixxer to keep the battery charged.

Good to know the Micron exhaust is earning every penny Twisted Evil Shes a cow anyway..! lol

Teehee, even with my ickle moped I get my neighbours annoyed at 5.30 on a Sunday morning when I am letting it warm up. Wink Razz
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 10 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Everready wrote:
I done my DAS with Bike-It, very nice guys.

Me too. They were pretty good. Thumbs Up

Rory
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:12 - 10 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

0ni wrote:

If you're going to start the bike, it's better to thrash it, than to let it idle for a while before turning it off. Which did you do?

0ni
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 10 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory wrote:

If you're going to start the bike, it's better to thrash it, than to let it idle for a while before turning it off. Which did you do?

Well started with the choke in which keeps it at about 4k rpm I think. Waited till it got to 55 degrees or so then had it varying at 6,7,8k rpm. Sounded beautiful.

Cheers for advice didn't know if it charged best at idle or revving, so I just revved it for fun!

hasta

oni

Rory
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:44 - 10 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrashing it on a run also makes sure that the oil gets nice and warm, otherwise moisture from combustion doesn't get evaporated off and can turn acidic in your oil!

(I think)

0ni
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 10 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory wrote:
Thrashing it on a run also makes sure that the oil gets nice and warm, otherwise moisture from combustion doesn't get evaporated off and can turn acidic in your oil!

(I think)

Cheers but the reason the neighbour got annoyed because I was doing it in the back garden - cant do it anywhere else 'cause ive not got a license for it yet Twisted Evil

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 10 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't start it every day and piddle about in first as I found out on a bike that I wasn't insured on yet. It flooded badly and was always a "take the plug out" job. Needed an illegal thrash up the road one time to get it cleared out.

Rory
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:12 - 10 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batteries in good nick will actually hold a charge for quite a while. Starting a bike can be a big drain, which is why it can be better to leave it alone and thrash it when you start it. One to remember!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2