Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 179, 180, 181  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:44 - 11 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Youtube are trying to push perverts onto me with their banner today Sick

Sorry about that. I hope it wasn't the picture of me with the goat again. The mango stuffing one isn't quite so offputting.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 11 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speeding course accepted. Will try and refrain from being my usual self!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 11 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleFester wrote:
Speeding course accepted. Will try and refrain from being my usual self!

I won't do another one of those....and yeah do not engage with the staff. Even if you're correct in what you say all it does is prolong the tedium.

In the carpark I did a petulant burnout and road home like a tit-head.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:09 - 12 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play the game etc. Anyway it's an online one, i'll leave them on the laptop and crack on with a bit of Fallout 4

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:52 - 12 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleFester wrote:
Play the game etc. Anyway it's an online one, i'll leave them on the laptop and crack on with a bit of Fallout 4

Don't do a Toobin!

Minty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 12 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
and yeah do not engage with the staff.

As already stated, that is a sure way to get yourself marked as 'failed to participate' and you win the original fine and 3 points and I assume, forfeit the course fee.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 12 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toothache is killing me. My teeth are so bad. The way I feel right now they can remove the remander of my teeth so I can spend the rest of my life eating mince and tatties.

I've only got 8 teeth and wear dentures.

Wish I could afford implants. My gums are receeded so I'm not even sure that would be a good idea.

TL,DR Fucking toothache is not good

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 12 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

Wish I could afford implants.

sorry to hear about the toothache fella. feckin horrible pain.

a lot of people these days travel to Turkey for a holiday and get their teeth sorted for a fraction of the UK prices.

might be something to ponder.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 12 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:
and yeah do not engage with the staff.

As already stated, that is a sure way to get yourself marked as 'failed to participate' and you win the original fine and 3 points and I assume, forfeit the course fee.
My gist was was not to argue the toss with the pedantic bores.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 13 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. i'll engage as far as i have to but i've no desire to try and get a point across. If i can feign interest for the required time - happy days.

Got to love a PIP for the laptop whilst i play games on the same screen. I'll even be looking at them Smile

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 13 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you just play a video on a loop of you looking very attentive?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:37 - 14 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

With an appropriate Mmmmhmm or Yes i agree thrown in here and there for effects.

I'm sure i'll learn something, even if it's that i'd rather gnaw my own arm off than do another one!

It will be challenging not to take the line of "I know why i'm here, i know what i did wrong, it's a one in twentyfive year event. No kittens were killed blah blah" It's not like i was on the back wheel @90mph and nor is it a camera I was unaware of. I drive the same route twice a day 4 days a week and for the last 18 months. If i spot whoever runs it isn't a bike rider and doesn't have a clue about riding something with over 130bhp at the rear wheel I'm going to have a bit of fun with them to engage and pass the time. I may just ask that question at the start, if he mumbles something about a commuterscooter being the same as a big bike i'll try not to snigger whilst images of a loose flappy vagina rippling in the wind flash past my eyes.

So far the only plus point i can glean from this is that after paying £90 and wasting 3 hours, i'll still have a clean license. I'm not expecting this to change.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:05 - 14 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just won't do one. I can't be trusted.

"What's your stopping distance at 90mph?"

"Depends which bike I'm on. A litte under 100 yards on my sportsbike for comfort. I could do less in an emergency..." etc.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 08:23 - 14 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither of the two answers above would be considered a bad answer from the courses I've done.

On stopping distance, mostly it was a bunch of blank looks, tentative questions about what a stopping distance is, total lack of knowledge that the highway code exists. The course opened my eyes to how infrequently some people think.

On "why are you here", a solid 30% on my last one thought it was because they were being victimized by the police. They ranted about it at every opportunity. I felt like the only guilty man in Shawshank.

"I'm here because I got caught this time" is a valid answer.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:06 - 14 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

It won't be long until ChatGPT can do the course for you and everyone will have to go back to doing them in person. Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 14 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So far the only plus point i can glean from this is that after paying £90 and wasting 3 hours, i'll still have a clean license.

And that is the point. Its far easier than having to remember details of a conviction every time you fill out insurance details for the next 10 years or so, plus you remain 12 points away from having your license taken away. 3 hours of being patronised is a small price to pay...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:36 - 14 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
On "why are you here", a solid 30% on my last one thought it was because they were being victimized by the police.

TBF there are stretches of road where the speed limits are either there to make money or because rich people live down that road. Speedcam vans parked outside schools? Not so much.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 14 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Speedcam vans parked outside schools? Not so much.

that might interfere with the Asian grooming gangs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:26 - 14 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got rear ended by a lorry at a roundabout in my Jag. Evil or Very Mad

My chest hurts like fcuk when I breathe. Jags electric tailgate is totally fucked. Cops had to lever it open because doggo was in the back and lying very still. Thankfully she is fine and was probably a bit shocked (like me!!)

Jag drives OK but I suspect being 13 years old and a totally fucked tailgate and rear wings will be a right off and I'll be offered a twix and 3 jelly babies by First Direct. Crying or Very sad

I will probably go on the bangeronics route now. Can't afford 20k for a decent newish car.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 17 Jun 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put new batteries in the weighing scales... Egads! Over 12 stone Sad Thankfully I only have size 7 feet otherwise I'd be mistaken for a hobbit.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 179, 180, 181  Next
Page 180 of 181