Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

MalcolmT
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 07 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonTony wrote:
This one works a treat:

Have a plate engraved with a message for the one you love without them knowing about it. When you take them out to dinner, ask the waiter to serve their meal on that plate. Thumbs Up

Here's an easy solution that costs swat and works a treat.
Write her a short poem, hand write it and read it to her. Keep it above the belt and add personal references so she knows its not plagiarised. If you never written a poem don't worry. If you feel deeply about her it will just fall in place. Take a look at web sites to get some ideas, just keep it original.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andrea
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 07 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually agree with Colin1's first post Shocked

I've never been romantic in my life before now, and i've been married! It's all about finding the one for you and the right things to say just kinda come out without you even trying.

Love shouldn't have to be such hard work Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 07 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admit people I'm a bit disturbed by what I'm reading here.

Haven't any of you ever met someone and thought, I want to have babies with this person. I want to go to sleep at night holding this person in my arms, I want to wake up in the morning and watch them sleep across the pillows?

When a womans in love with you she'll do just about anything for you and when you love her back she won't need to. Its not about the things you do or the things you say.

Loves not hard work its a lovely thing. Like when i used to get home from the workshop and the one at the time used to pull off my overalls to jump my bones not caring that I was filthy and tired but just wanting to be close and feeling me. Having some food then cuddling up on the sofa to relax watching a film, no need to talk just be there to feel the other breathing. Its not the things you do or the things you say its the feeling you make each other feel without those things.

Don't any of you kick back with a nice whisky, a cigar and listen to some old soul music just to remind you why you get up in the morning. Dont you smile at that attractive person you see every day on the way to work just to get a smile back? So many good things in the world and so many bitter sounding people in this thread. I may not fix Harleys then go home and cook fabulous meals but I haven't forgotten how to smile at an attractive woamn just for the sheer joy of her smiling back or how to make a baby smile and laugh just for the feeling.

So many things in the world to make you happy, go find them.

But who the fuck wants to listen to me?

Last edited by sickpup on 03:08 - 08 Jan 2007; edited 1 time in total

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i suppose it makes for a nice film or story maybe?

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Well i suppose it makes for a nice film or story maybe?

Makes a nice way for me to live as well. Sorry you can't.

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:00 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate, never happened to me. I think I scare men. Sad

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 04:33 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:
Sorry mate, never happened to me. I think I scare men. Sad

But would you let it happen?

stitch
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:46 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sickpup is right,

women dont alwasy need the flowers or the gifts, but they do need the knowledge that a smile or a casual touch is enough.

If you can't sit in the same room at opposite ends in total silence and be comfortable with the fact that you dont have to talk to each other all the time then forget it.

Any woman would have that so called one upmanship over their girlfriends if they carry the knowledge that to somone they are the one, they are the other persons life. flowers can't compare to that.

queen of string
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sickpup said.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 22:30 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want to go to sleep at night holding this person in my arms, I want to wake up in the morning and watch them sleep across the pillows?

Sickpup if only you knew how much that line sums up my feelings about somebody.
you know who i,m on about so i dont need to mention names.

andrea
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more sickpup

oddkid
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:45 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought my fiancee to tears with words before, (those are tears of happiness bfore you lot start Laughing ) if you ask me, what to say comes with emotion, i just tried to put into words how she makes me feel, and no matter how good the words were they still didn't quite do it.

She makes me feel more alive, my soul and life force don't stay in my body but expand like an aura that surrounds me, makes me feel bigger than i am. The magnitude and the intensity of the love i feel dwarf every world, every sun, every universe. She fills my world, makes it better, she makes me breath, makes me live. Every second i spend with her makes me feel reborn, purer and better, its the best feeling i've ever experienced.

Which is why i asked her to marry me.

Apologies to anyone who found that too overwhelming.

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 00:48 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddkid wrote:
I've bought my fiancee to tears with words before, (those are tears of happiness bfore you lot start Laughing ) if you ask me, what to say comes with emotion, i just tried to put into words how she makes me feel, and no matter how good the words were they still didn't quite do it.

She makes me feel more alive, my soul and life force don't stay in my body but expand like an aura that surrounds me, makes me feel bigger than i am. The magnitude and the intensity of the love i feel dwarf every world, every sun, every universe. She fills my world, makes it better, she makes me breath, makes me live. Every second i spend with her makes me feel reborn, purer and better, its the best feeling i've ever experienced.

Which is why i asked her to marry me.

Apologies to anyone who found that too overwhelming.

Rolling Eyes
I've had someone kiss me on the arse cheek, and it felt more romantic than any kiss i've ever had before... No words could come close to that.

fenton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If you said that to me id want to marry you too.....

but talk about laying it on with a trowel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oddkid
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:04 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does say i have a way with words, but i think its more a way with emotion. Its true, if you want to impress, come from the heart and aim straight at your partners. Truth is i wouldn't be able to say anything without her to make me feel.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:13 - 27 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are talking about two different things here

Real romance that comes from the heart, and fake romance that might please the lady but if rumbled as fake she will be sad.

Obviously the ideal is to have someone you really love so its genuine, but if you cant have someone you really love, then (in the words of the song) "love the one your with"

In which case a bit of fakery can be ok if its subtle.

To be honest tho i think women hate fake romance more than no romance at all.

I used to work with a girl who worked in a flower shop. She saw so many guilty looking men buying flowers for their girlfriend (cheated maybe) that she swore that if ever a boyfriend of hers bought her flowers, she would dump him.

oddkid
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 03:22 - 27 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never be in the position to have to fake it. Like i said i love my girlfriend, everything i say is true.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:38 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dont you smile at that attractive person you see every day on the way to work just to get a smile back?

I always smile at people on the way to work. Any people. I'm just an annoyingly cheerful morning person.

Most people just think I'm a loony Mr. Green

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I always smile at people on the way to work. Any people. I'm just an annoyingly cheerful morning person.

Ugh. *Smack* Save it for the pub dear. Wink

Sickpup that was a bit of poetry though, beautiful stuff.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:34 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have come to realise recently, all a girl really needs is a bit of attention now and again. Take some time out from your daily lives and show your girl how much you appreciate her. I know as men we can get sucked into our own little worlds. My own little world being the internet. Get way too engrossed into what I am typing rather than listening to what my girl wants to say to me.

Simple things like doing the odd chore whilst she is out and getting home and getting that realising smile on her face and the warm hug of appreciation afterwards is definitely worth the effort of scrubbing round the toilet, pulling my own pubes off the rim of the toilet and chucking them in the bin. Even clearing those last few plates off the worktop and sticking them in the cupboard. Fair enough I might not clean them to the same exact standard as my girlfriend would do, but least I can hold my head up and say I have tried.

I don't think this makes me metro-sexual, maybe just slightly more appreciative of what efforts some girls in love will do to make their man happy. Perhaps being romantic to some people is having a lovely meal on an odd Friday night in a year, but why put in that extra special bit of effort, which costs way too much money, instead of like what Sickpup said, stick on a DVD in your cheap little flat and appreciate the luxuries in life, like a lumpy sofa and a 14" TV.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

oddkid
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:08 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guilty of idolising my girlfriend. I worry about going over the top, but shes my entire life so its hard to stop. I've noticed i get really paranoid if shes not as cheerful for some reason, even if she assures me shes perfectly fine Embarassed

She knows how much i love her though and she loves me, so all is good.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 30 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddkid wrote:

I'm guilty of idolising my girlfriend. I worry about going over the top, but shes my entire life so its hard to stop. I've noticed i get really paranoid if shes not as cheerful for some reason, even if she assures me shes perfectly fine Embarassed

Time for a hobby I think.

Born2bVile
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:57 - 30 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

You are Thumbs Up

Cheers,

Byrnie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Born2bVile
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 03:04 - 30 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've bought Kel one lot of flowers in 9 years. Never done poetry, don't do bollox 'chat up lines'.

We've just got on from day one.

You either do, or you don't.

Cheers,

Byrnie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oddkid
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:27 - 30 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a hobby, sing and play giotar ina band and i race in the Formula 400's (in a privaterr yamaha team).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3