Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gearbox problem (6-Speed NSR)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Oli

PostPosted: 14:02 - 08 Apr 2002    Post subject: Gearbox problem (6-Speed NSR) Reply with quote

I've got a NSR125RM, I got a problem with my 6-Speed Gearbox. Basically the gear lever is wobbly and does not return to the neutral position. there for when getting into a gear its near enough impossible to get to the next one. (unless you mess around for ages)

I guess its a spring missing in the gearbox (I've looked everywhere else and cant find it.) Is it a big job??
You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:25 - 09 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Probably the gearchange return spring. This is located on the right hand side of the bike (sitting on it), under the clutch cover. Basically the gearchange shaft goes the whole way through the engine and the return spring is on the other end of this shaft to the gearchange lever

According to the Honda manual the other possibility is a bent gearchange shaft

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Oli

PostPosted: 09:43 - 09 Apr 2002    Post subject: Gearbox problem (6-Speed NSR) Reply with quote

OK, Thanks for that.

At one point I did start to take off that cover, however it would not budge, I made the assumption that the water pump would have to come off to release it.

Could someone adise me on removing this cover and whether it worth doing it myself.

Oli

PostPosted: 09:43 - 09 Apr 2002    Post subject: Gearbox problem (6-Speed NSR) Reply with quote

-Ignore this- I cannot seem to use a computer

Oli
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:25 - 12 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've fixed it now. The spring had just com off the end of the rod. I just put it back on. Where hopefully it will stay.

I had to remove the Water pump. So make sure you get some gaskets before starting the job. and some oil as it was an ideal time to change it.

Later, Thanks for the Help, much appreciated!?!? Wink Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1