Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bad Driving

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Walloper This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes No time to read propagated bullcrap. There are just as many, if not more, studies which show the exact opposite of what you're trying to say.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
Rolling Eyes No time to read propagated bullcrap. There are just as many, if not more, studies which show the exact opposite of what you're trying to say.

No need to be so abrasive Sir.
You can choose to ignore or comment constructively.

I have read the 'bull' too.
I bet you can not prove there is more or less either way.

walloper said, "For every fact that is spewed up from t'net there can be something to clear it up." honest.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exunctly. Which is what makes it such a great platform for debate. But I still maintain that the speed and speed camera campaign isn't driven by a desire for better road safety.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
Exunctly. Which is what makes it such a great platform for debate. But I still maintain that the speed and speed camera campaign isn't driven by a desire for better road safety.

Fair point.

I honestly think:

Some kind minded folks want us to be safe on our roads and introduced cameras as 'a form' of control. This is not the only control.
Other folks make profit from the scheme/s.
Lawyers make money too from other rules.
Doctors/Undertakers make money from incidents.
We all have to eat.
The ecconomic arguement is not wholely the case refered to in this thread.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:11 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Bad Driving Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
https://www.roadpeace.org/articles/trafilaw.html

Road peace are basically an anti car pressure group.

Walloper wrote:
"20 mph speed limit
A 20 mph well enforced speed limit in urban areas would do more to protect pedestrians and cyclists than any other measure. Regardless of fault, vulnerable road users would stand a chance of ending up in a cast instead of a coffin if impact speeds were reduced to a 'survivable speed'."

For every fact that is spewed up from t'net there can be something to clear it up.

That is their opinion. Cannot see any facts at all to back it up.

The amazing thing is that the UK has about the lowest fatality rates in the world for drivers. Yet surprisingly high for pedestrians. Tends to suggest that something needs to be done with the pedestrians, rather than just blaming the drivers.

All the best

Keith

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

On appearances, a lot of other places emphasise that the roads are for car use rather than pedestrians. There are plenty of people on foot who seem willing to test out the idea that they have priority on the roads over cars. Just because it's a pelican crossing, it doesn't mean you have the right to cross without having a green man Brick Wall

Car frontal design will do a lot to protect pedestrians - that is something already well under way. Mind you, if they stopped splattering speed cameras and road signs all over the place when there are more important things to be looking at (like children trying to cross the road from behind cars), then there might not be so many hit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Bad Driving Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

For every fact that is spewed up from t'net...

There is plenty of misinformation to clear them up!

Walloper wrote:

Everyone should use the information out there to form their opinion.

And some people form theirs from bullshit rather than information, Walloper Laughing

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roads are for cars, bikes, etc.....

Footpaths are for pedestrians, if they stayed there more of them would avoid getting run over. Rolling Eyes

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaggis wrote:
On appearances, a lot of other places emphasise that the roads are for car use rather than pedestrians. There are plenty of people on foot who seem willing to test out the idea that they have priority on the roads over cars. Just because it's a pelican crossing, it doesn't mean you have the right to cross without having a green man Brick Wall

WRONG:
You will find that you really DO have the RIGHT to use the road as a pedestrian. And even more lawful rights on a pedestrian crossing.
Go live in the countries where you don't have the same 'rights'.

In the UK at present we have NO 'Jaywalking' law, except that which applies to M/ways. (Even the motorway rule was successfully challenged in a UK court. Finding for the pedestrian (deceased))

You must give way to pedestrians using the road in a lawful manner. Strangely enough, you must even give way to pedestrians using the road in an unlawful manner.
You must also be aware of other road users and their behaviour.

https://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/index.htm

146: Take extra care at junctions. You should
watch out for cyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians as they are not always easy to see
watch out for pedestrians crossing a road into which you are turning. If they have started to cross they have priority, so give way

170: Allow pedestrians plenty of time to cross and do not harass them by revving your engine or edging forward.

171: Zebra crossings. As you approach a zebra crossing
look out for people waiting to cross and be ready to slow down or stop to let them cross
• you MUST give way when someone has moved onto a crossing
be aware of pedestrians approaching from the side of the crossing.
Law ZPPPCR reg 25

173: Pelican crossings which go straight across the road are one crossing, even when there is a central island. You MUST wait for pedestrians who are crossing from the other side of the island.
Law ZPPPCRGD reg 26 & RTRA sect 25(5)

174: Give way to pedestrians who are still crossing after the signal for vehicles has changed to green.

You don't need to be a greedy road hog who wants to own the road.

kickstart, I think the argument is reasonable. Why should someone get off with manslaughter just cause the MO was careless road vehicle use?
The anti speed camera group could equally be called 'an anti road safety group'. Rolling Eyes

Brick Wall
ROAD SAFETY Something to do with Courtesy and Good Manners.
Human Rights are way up there with those two items also.

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper, I think you are taking this road safety issue to heart a bit too much.

You are pretty much talking to a brick wall imo.

I may or may not have been caught by a camera van on the M74 a couple of weeks back in the car and I know for fact I was doing 99mph (I have a GPS reciver mounted on the dash), was this dangerous?

It was daylight with good visibility on a dry road that was perfectly straight with light traffic.

i'd say not. I was exceeding the posted speed limit yes.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to heart but you must deal with the contradiction.

Re M74. I saw you in the mirror. I was in front of you all the way.. Laughing Razz Karma

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you must have been a way in front I didnt see you. Wink

JBurrows88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Misguided priorities

a) cycle helmets, Until the body is safe from vehicle speed, protecting the head is less important. Priority should be on preventing murder first, and suicide second.

That amusing Laughing

So if i have leathers on and back protection and dont go over 20mph i shouldn't need to worry about a helmet! Mr. Green

Quote:
There are greater restrictions on safety cameras than there are on CCTV, i.e. greater priority is given to protecting property than to preventing death and injury. It is permissible for plain-clothed detectives to be used to deter thieves, but safety cameras must be highly visible and signed in advance (no other country is known to restrict safety cameras in this way).

Question Is that safety camera thing true??? Question

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Bad Driving Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
Blahblahblahblahsameoldshiteblahblahblahblahblahtrollblahblahblahblahtrollblahblahblah

https://aap.dyndns.org/angrypope/sa-macros/WorstAttentionWhore.jpg

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:52 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
kickstart, I think the argument is reasonable. Why should someone get off with manslaughter just cause the MO was careless road vehicle use?

Equally why should someone be persued for charges when the reason for the incident was a careless pedestrian?

Walloper wrote:
The anti speed camera group could equally be called 'an anti road safety group'. Rolling Eyes

Possibly if there were such a group. Most argue that speed cameras do not help road safety.

JBurrows88 wrote:
Question Is that safety camera thing true??? Question

Nope. The scamera partnerships could only claim back the running costs for cameras that complied with guidelines on visability and positioning (and even then were allowed to position a small number outside the guidelines and still claim their running costs). They could still quite happily hide them.

The guidelines were put in place after it was repeatedly pointed out that visable cameras had a far greater effect on peoples speed than hidden ones.

All the best

Keith

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Bad Driving Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Blahblahblahblahsameoldshiteblahblahblahblahblahtrollblahblahblahblahtrollblahblahblah

You must have worded that yourself bazza.
I see your spelling is improving.
Pity about the originality.

Tattie

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Walloper wrote:

Equally why should someone be persued for charges when the reason for the incident was a careless pedestrian?

Coz in the first place pedestrians have priority.

We were here 1st.

Childish but apparent.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:11 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
Coz in the first place pedestrians have priority.

Not really. They do in some situations, thats all.

https://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/01.htm

Walloper wrote:
We were here 1st.

Childish but apparent.

So? Utterly meaningless.

All the best

Keith

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're splitting hairs on a bald man Keith. Wink

I'm a fool for being committed to safety.
I hate reading in here about bikers getting swatted. It isn't cool.
Going on about road safety wont do any harm.
The original post was just some information about road safety.
He-Haw to do with Scameras, but there is some mention of them.
The core of the article deals with more relevant matters.
It is just another side of the argument against control.
How long would society last without control?
Ours is not nearly perfect, but it works for most people.

Most people do not argue against speed cameras (Not that again Rolling Eyes )
Most probably don't think of them that much. (Circa 60m)
Those caught by them or who drive in such a manner that they may be caught by 'our' cyber deterrents will argue against them. For sure. Human nature.

Driving a vehicle without due care is very anti-social behaviour.
Driving a vehicle constantly looking for cameras is very stupid.
Do we drive constantly looking for unmarked police cars?
It is a lame, lame excuse to say, 'speed cameras distract me'.

Drive your car, bike, through town safely and break the law where it really doesn't matter as much, if you must.
You can not, at present, drive through a 30mph zone at a speed much above 33.
Solution:
Do not do it. Do not get involved in whether 30, 31, 36, 38 etc. is safe or not. The law says it is 30.
You can't defend 34 easily.
Keep it simple. Aim for 28-29 you should NEVER get a ticket.
Unless you're dizzy from looking for cameras.

Society agrees that 30-70mph are safe speeds on our roads where relevant.
I have never read/heard it in any party political broadcast, "and we will abolish speed limits along with taxes when we're in power."

Those laws may never change.
Road safety rules are set to include the most liable vehicles too. Not just marvels of modern electrickery.

Your current bestest car may stop faster than my 1964 Ford Anglia. But the law is written to allow me fair access to the Queen's highways provided that my ride complies with legislation set for that vehicle.

'We were here 1st' is meaningless?
'I'll drive how the hell I like' is as clueless.

Spend more time on your bike and save money by following the rules.
Spend time in jail, out of pocket, hospital or dead by breaking them.
Be carefull your mis-behaviour doesn't involve an innocent and you revoke their legal and moral rights to be safe.

Ride safe and have a pleasant evening.

wally walloper Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:55 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
You're splitting hairs on a bald man Keith. Wink

EWrr, nope. Pointing out facts, which are a tad inconvenient for your opinions.

Walloper wrote:
Most people do not argue against speed cameras (Not that again Rolling Eyes )
Most probably don't think of them that much. (Circa 60m)
Those caught by them or who drive in such a manner that they may be caught by 'our' cyber deterrents will argue against them. For sure. Human nature.

Loads of people do argue against them. They are hideously unpopular. Some people ask for them. Gives the police a good laugh when they catch those people with the cameras they asked for.

Walloper wrote:
Driving a vehicle without due care is very anti-social behaviour.

So why is it encouraged? Certainly increased by cameras.

Walloper wrote:

It is also fact for many people.

Walloper wrote:
Society agrees that 30-70mph are safe speeds on our roads where relevant.

Socienty doesn't agree with that. The majority of the adult population vote with their right feet against the current speed limits.

Walloper wrote:
'I'll drive how the hell I like' is as clueless.

You said it, although I think your driving is misguided rather than clueless.

All the best

Keith

Syx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

I've just been reading these topics so far, and haven't felt the urge to respond until I read that.

Whilst I'm going through the detection area of a speed camera, I'm focussing more on my speedo than the road ahead to ensure I don't get points on my license. What if a pedestrian stepped out in front of me? Chances are I wouldn't react too quickly.
Take the camera away, and I'd be concentrating on the road and see that same pedestrian far in advance.

Call it a lame excuse if you will, but it's the truth all the same.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syx wrote:
Whilst I'm going through the detection area of a speed camera, I'm focussing more on my speedo than the road ahead to ensure I don't get points on my license. What if a pedestrian stepped out in front of me? Chances are I wouldn't react too quickly.
Take the camera away, and I'd be concentrating on the road and see that same pedestrian far in advance.

Some people incapable of independant thought find the idea of having aspects of their life rigidly controlled and enforced by authority to be comforting. Probably based on some traumatic childhood event.

They are wholly incapable of understanding why others may find this objectionable.

Read a few of wally's threads to see examples of this form of psychosis.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Syx wrote:

Some people incapable of independant thought find the idea of having aspects of their life rigidly controlled and enforced by authority to be comforting. Probably based on some traumatic childhood event.

They are wholly incapable of understanding why others may find this objectionable.

Read a few of wally's threads to see examples of this form of psychosis.

bazza, bazza, bazza.
You just cant contain that inner hatred and contempt.

That is a much more disturbing psychosis than any conflicting opinion I may have with anyone @bcf.

I recognise why this trait dominates your behaviour though.

It is something to do with the fact that I P-owned you so much recently.

You cannot argue with any coherent relevance.
You are so consumed by this venomous illness.
All you can do is come off like a playground bully with your twee insults shouted from Mum's car.

I'd gamble you're not such a mouth piece face to face.

I'm no medical practitioner, as you seem to believe you are Laughing , though perhaps heavy sedation for a few weeks will be most efficacous to you.
It may provide for you a window to relax and regain your inner calm.

Peace man Karma

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up. Sad

If we can not behave in a civilised manner and continue to use all the 'old' excuses then we all deserve the label of Dirty Bikers.

It is the image lots of people have of motorcyclists.
I now see where it stems from.

Are they wrong?

"I want to ride my bike however I like and fcuk anyone else coz its proving what an individual I am."

Oh yeh?

Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3