Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any Coke Addicts? Thats Coca Cola by the way....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 21:28 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Any Coke Addicts? Thats Coca Cola by the way.... Reply with quote

so, after spending the past two weeks in random excrutiating stomach pain (of which, no one is still quite sure of the cause)

i decided to have a re-think of what i put inside myself, now given that coke is quite nasty stuff, and i was drinking about 2 litres a day, i was worried that i had hammered my stomach so badly that this was possibly the cause

it may or may not be the case, but i have decided to stop drinking it, even more so after doing some background reading of the harm it can do (youve all seen what it does to a 2p coin)

was wondering if anyone else has quit drinking the stuff, after being a heavy addict?

i've had daily evil headaches and all sorts since i stopped it, but i think its finally working its way out, could kill for a tall glass of the stuff though, which is what is worrying, was wondering if this will ever pass..
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.free-essays-free-essays.com/dbase/4e/mul21.shtml
Coca - Cola Bad for you. On the 14th of June Coca-Cola’s soft drinks were banned from the markets in Belgium and later also in Luxemburg and France. Two failures in the bottling system were the cause for the nausea that the people suffered.

I've managed to keep away from the Cola brand & most fizzy drinks. Everytime i go shopping i just buy a bottle of water or just drink milk, much healthier & saves a few quid. Thumbs Up

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 21:37 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, i've neglected milk for a few years and have started back on it, 33p a pint bargain, if nowt else its got some good stuff in it that your body benefits from
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

strawberry
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:40 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frightfully addicted...

I used to be able to drink my way through 3 litres in an evening with no problem.

These days I try not to buy it in 2 litre bottles because if I have it in the house I *will* drink it within a day. I try to just get the odd 500ml bottle and usually limit myself further to mainland European varieties (oh my, the German stuff is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood) as they can be hard to get hold of regularly.

I've given up completely in the past for months at a time and the craving didn't go away so I'm guessing it's just something I'm going to have to live with > <

Good luck with your cutting down Smile

Rawker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i go through about 2 litres a day aswell.

scary thing is i ran out of it for 2 days, had the worst of headaches, no matter how hyrated or paracetamol i took,

my bodys fucked anyway, i dont look after it at all.

i may try to come off it and see what happens, but the sugar doesnt make me hyper like some people,

and the caffene doesnt keep me away.

i have a bottle at the side of my bed for drinking if i wake in the middle of the night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 21:48 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm another one.. I wouldn't be suprised if it IS the coke making youhave the pains... I had a major problem (2x2litre bottles a day) a few years back.. I was getting really bad painds too...
Doctor finally decided it was the coke eating away at my stomach lining!!! Shocked

Nowadays I limit myself to the odd can... I get terrible withdrawal symptoms... even to the point of being able to taste it in my mouth Rolling Eyes I'd cut your intake right back for a while..

Good luck! Thumbs Up

Rawker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozzypop1 wrote:
I was getting really bad painds too...
Doctor finally decided it was the coke eating away at my stomach lining!!! Shocked

how can they tell if ur stomach lining is going??

are there tests or just a guess?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 21:56 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad other people are as bad as me with it, i would imagine a large percentage of people are

you cant walk into a shop that doesnt sell it really, its the first drink you see in any newsagent or petrol station

and yes, my body didnt/doesnt quite feel right until that first coke of the day around 10.30, strangely it used to kick headaches into touch and all sorts, made you feel better. makes crisps, chocolate and any food taste better...

fucked up stuff it is!

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 21:56 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those ultrasound things!
(Although I think He probably didn't really know to be honest....)

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawker wrote:
how can they tell if ur stomach lining is going??

are there tests or just a guess?

Vomitting blood is always a sign of that. My brother was doing that, mostly through drinking too much and living on painkillers after a Transit van mashed his leg a couple of years ago though. A few weeks drinking milky tea, water and eating toast and mashed potato and he was right as rain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Leggy_Girl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend at work is a coca cola addict. She normally drinks the normal one with the red label, but she can tell the difference between all the flavours, blindfolded. I know this because i thought she was lying and put her to the test Laughing

She'll drink 2 litres a day outside of work, and 3 of the 90p size bottles whilst at work. She's been like it for 2 years apparently and she gets frequent stomach pains. It's also rotted out 4 of her teeth and she gets the shakes if she can't drink the stuff - seriously! Shocked

Me thinks you should switch to water Goose Thumbs Up

Rawker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
my body didnt/doesnt quite feel right until that first coke of the day around 10.30,

seriously dude, ur 'avin a laff.

if i dont drink it asap when i wake up, im a fully shut knife all day.

if i wake up at 12 at 12:01 i have some.

and about the shakes when you dont have it, i've had that before.

us lot are screwed aint we? riding motorbikes and drinking coke

ahh well tis worth it, thing is doing both at 17 ill prob not make 30,

ach, ill die happy Rolling Eyes

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 22:29 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
was wondering if anyone else has quit drinking the stuff, after being a heavy addict?

Not a heavy addict, but drank the average amount for a teenager up until about 17/18. Notice my bowel's are alot more settled now and I can do more stuff physically without having that bloated sensation.

I'd consider having a look at your diet in general as well. I try to eat good-ish food, though it isnt always the case. By good I mean stuff that's been cooked at home, not takeaway's/junk food etc.

After eating junk food of any sort I notice my stomach now get's a bit unsettled and I feel bloated and lethargic for a few hour's at least. Fish & chip's from a chip shop don't seem to have as bad an affect.

Try cutting out the crap for a few week's and see how you feel, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised I had no idea this was such an issue. I suppose I'm in the opening stages of an addiction - I'll go a week without any and then I'll buy a 2 litre bottle and before I know it it's gone in a day! Suppose the easiest way to stop myself getting attached is just not to buy it, I don't really crave it.

I think I got a taste for it at my old job selling fish and chips and ice cream etc on the seafront. I'd have as many cans as I liked (technically I should have paid for them) and over a 12 hour shift on a hot day I reckon I'd easily get through 10 or 15 cans. Must have cost the owner a fortune, thinking about it! Laughing

Rawker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

just noticed when reading the other replys, that i was drinking a bottle of coke as i typed everything iv said.

doubt i could go without it to be serious.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:46 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Stopped drinking it a few years ago. Had a weekend where I drank loads of the stuff and my guts were a mess on the monday. Avoided drinking any Coke, and avoided coffee as well. Had a load of head aches, which disappeared after a few days. Seems that it is a sensitivity to caffiene. Now noticeable that I get a stinking headache if I drink coffee or Coke. Comes on a couple of hours later.

Either drink a load of caffiene or avoid it altogether, including tea.

All the best

Keith

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I probably drink at least 2 litres a day of beer, and don't get any negative effects...

So beer is better for you than coke obviously Smile

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:46 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of coke , but i drink a minimum of 2 litres of Diet Coke a day , at first i thought it was because i smoked a lot , but even after quitting smoking i was still hammering 2-3 litres a day - still am in fact .
And yes i get a headache and a dry throat if i don't drink it daily - it's scary to be honest Laughing

six
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:55 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drink diet coke. I don't know why... it makes me feel better about drinking it though.

Most of the time I drink water, or something from concentrate, like Ribena or something, just to give the water more taste, you know.

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all addicted to cola?!
I hardly ever have fizzy drinks, I suddenly feel better about myself! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

murphyD
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:06 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never drink coke unless its in Vodka Very Happy

Don't allow my kids to have fizzy drinks unless we're eating out or at parties or as a treat. Thumbs Up

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:48 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tell is in the adverts,

in Coke adverts it always youngish people drinking it,

which means one of two things:

#1 it kills you early

#2 it has age defying mythical properties.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

six
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:29 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
the tell is in the adverts,

in Coke adverts it always youngish people drinking it,

which means one of two things:

#1 it kills you early

#2 it has age defying mythical properties.

or they are targeting a younger audience perhaps? tsk... some people Wink

KiMo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem but its not coke its Iron Bru with me.

I get really irritable if I cant get any. People dont believe me thats its an addiction I am so happy to have joined this group where I can happily say

" My names Mrs Mack and I am addicted to Iron Bru" Laughing

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 17:55 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, I thought my addiction was bad but you guys make me look like a real lightweight!

I probably average around 1/2 a litre a day, but I do get withdrawal symptoms if I don't have any for a day or 2. In fact, I was really craving some earlier today and had to go to the shop to buy some as I was getting very low!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4