Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any Coke Addicts? Thats Coca Cola by the way....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the real thing you pussies. Twisted Evil

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:57 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

in Coke adverts it always youngish people drinking it,

Not in the Christmas ones, where I believe there's a grandad style figure (not Santa) Smile.

sickpup wrote:
I prefer the real thing you pussies.

Bet you don't do 1/2 litre of that a day though Razz.

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confess im an addict but not so much to coke itself just fizzy drinks in general.

A few years back i got thru a 2 litre bottle on my own a day but dont have quite that much any more but not far off it i guess.

I drink constantly so i try and have water more instead of em.

Basicly i will drink most stuffs as long as its quickly available, i have a large stack of green & flavoured teas from wittards in my room that i should drink instead.

If i dont have coke for more than 2 days i dont get any cravings but as soon as it passes my lips thats it.

I dont really suffer from any problems or pains as such.

The facts like coke is used to clear blood from the side of road accidents, removes rust, The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years and one of the main ingredients phosphuric acid which can dissolve a nail in 2 days have done nothing to my habbits.

I should cut down, i prefer diets as the sweetners make it sweet but not sickly - cant drink as much of the coca cola stuff.

Thing is i drink alcohol verrry rarely as im always driving and i dont really drink many hot drinks, tea and hot chocolate is all, so i turn to the fizzy stuff.
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 20:58 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently in the news research had presented some interesting facts showing that coca cola can cause brittle bones in women.... very bad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Recently in the news research had presented some interesting facts showing that coca cola can cause brittle bones in women.... very bad!

gotta be careful with this girl I'm semi interested in working @ CIS Mancs , I mean if yer shagging her and she doesn't stop screaming it might not be your bed room skills doing it (she is almost always drinking a cola type drink)
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:02 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

With people getting addicted to it, maybe they have put the coke back into Coca Cola Razz .

All the best

Keith

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

drop a dirty penny into coke and see how quickly it cleans it!!!!

Rarely drink fizzy drinks myself, only as a mixer in the pub these days, or Dr Pepper when I have hangover.

Never drank Coke, dont like the taste.

Be careful with diet drinks, they have artificial sweetners, the worst being Asparteime (banned across Europe), it has a very metallic tinge to it. Its in lots of cordial drinks too.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Bet you don't do 1/2 litre of that a day though Razz.

Not unless you're paying G? Cool

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an addict, But if its here then I will drink the lot. Did 2 liters in a few hours other week.
I dont drink alot of fizzy drinks now, just the odd one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 13 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

o0o

im not an addict... (three litre bottles of coke in the bin behind me and one glass full on the desk)

cant beat getting up in the morning after a night out in the raging piss, and downing as much coke as u can till ur throat fills with gas and u cant drink anymore.

hangover cure Thumbs Up

saying that, i dont drink it all that much, i find fresh orange juice, the shit.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 13 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked This has been playing on my mind. I got back to uni yesterday at 1pm absolutely exhausted, having had 1 hours sleep that night. So I went to the shop and bought a 2ltr bottle and a Boost bar. Had the Boost, ended up falling asleep anyway, woke up at 1am. The entire bottle was gone by 4am this morning. Embarassed That's 2 litres in under 15 hours, 7 of which I spent asleep. Laughing

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 17:27 - 13 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have coke, it's diet..and very rarely

I gave up coffee about 7 months ago, same reasons...as I was really addicted to it, and got to the point where I couldn't work unless I had had a cup
And when I say a cup..not just any cup
My mug was about one and a half times a biggish mugs size.. and I got to the point where a measuring spoon was not big enough, so I used to TIP a good portion into the cup (about 3 heaped spoons I think)
I would usually have two of these before attempting to drive to work Shocked
Talk about awake!

I had heart palpatations and felt dizzy one morning after a good cup, and thought..hmmm, maybe I should try and cut back Rolling Eyes
In the end i just gave up. Quit it one day.
I felt sick, dizzy, had headaches, suffered dreadful fatigue, ... but after about 2 weeks I was back to 'normal' again
Now the smell of coffee makes me feel physically sick! Like an ashtray Sick

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:43 - 13 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange. I'm addicted to Volvic flavoured water. Get through about 1.5l a day! Shocked

Least I now have no spots.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 13 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used coke to clean some stains in the pub toilets. After an hour the stains had gone. So fook knows what it dose to your insides Sick

JonT
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:00 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I year I have to spend 7 days in Dubai in a Marriot hotel (go me!)

Something i've noticed every time is a radical change in my health in just one week of going without the following,

no caffeine, alchohol, little salt, not much sugar, little fat,

whilst having all these things, lots of fruit, veg, high quality meat and drinking lots of water.

I feel happier, generally brighter, when I wake up in the morning I immediately get out of bed, no longer feel tired at arround 3-4ish in the afternoon, and find myself wanting to sleep earlier.

This generally lasts a week or so once im back and then I fall into my usual routine and all the bad things come back!

I just don't know how (especially as a student) that anyone can reasonably eat that well and avoid all the crap in this country. It's just not practical.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 00:45 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think coke is bad sprite is even worse!

When I used to work at McDonalds, at the end of the night sprite would clean the grills instantly! Shocked

Was unreal the results you could get and so much quicker than doing it the 'proper' way.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 00:45 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just don't know how (especially as a student) that anyone can reasonably eat that well and avoid all the crap in this country. It's just not practical.

Quite easy and not that expensive, it just requires slightly more time in preperation, and accepting it doesnt come in shiny packaging.

damnas
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:54 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about ice cold, Evian water.

Anything else just tastes wrong.

We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

msgander
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:43 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: He's not the real santa.... Reply with quote

One thing coke are good at are marketing......just looking for this image and their marketing must cost a fortune....its everywhere, always has been....the stuff is ROT! (still tastes nice tho....)

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 17:47 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coca-Cola even changed Father Christmas' clothes!!

He WAS green and white, but Coke latched onto the possible marketing idea... and changed him to red and white to match their logo!

Cheeky buggers
Good plan though

befdelta7
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:02 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ima self confessed coke addict (the drink that is) iv been drinking it ever since i could ever remember (im 21 by the way) theres nothing more refreshing when you need a drink other than a can of coke! (oh yea a cold beer of course when circumstances permit that is)

i personally think coke tastes much better out the can than the bottles or in a glass! any one else agree with me??

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 18:38 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

JodieWodie wrote:
Coca-Cola even changed Father Christmas' clothes!!

He WAS green and white, but Coke latched onto the possible marketing idea... and changed him to red and white to match their logo!

Cheeky buggers
Good plan though

Sorry Jodie... It's an Urban Legend...

Extract from https://www.snopes.com/cokelore/santa.asp

This legend is not true. Although some versions of the Santa Claus figure still had him attired in various colors of outfits past the beginning of the 20th century, the jolly, ruddy, sack-carrying Santa with a red suit and flowing white whiskers had become the standard image of Santa Claus by the 1920s, several years before Sundlom drew his first Santa illustration for Coca-Cola. As The New York Times reported on 27 November 1927:

A standardized Santa Claus appears to New York children. Height, weight, stature are almost exactly standardized, as are the red garments, the hood and the white whiskers. The pack full of toys, ruddy cheeks and nose, bushy eyebrows and a jolly, paunchy effect are also inevitable parts of the requisite make-up.

Another completely useless fact about Coca-cola...
This poster was released in the mid 80s and prompted a total recall of all posters because of the picture painted in ice-cubes at bottom right corner - a woman performing an act. The graphic artist who designed the picture put this in as a joke, and it went through unnoticed until someone spotted it on the back of a Coke truck. The artist lost his job and was sued, and all promotional material had to be recalled and destroyed. Very rare and hard to get hold of — released in South Australia in mid '80s.

befdelta7
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:12 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked never ever seen that before! its like 'wheres wally' or rather 'wheres willy' LOL

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 03:00 - 15 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever consider it has something to do with the CO2 content?

Its an excitant in humans for some reason, and i can attone to that from sitting 6 foot from a CO2 canister left on for 90 odd minutes. Felt possitively whoozy and abit giggly by the end (and im used to the good stuff).

Could explain why others experienced the same issues with Irn Bru?

Although definitely dumping vast quantities of an acidic substance into your GI tract isn't a particularly inspired idea.

I personally only drunk diet coke really, find the regular stuff abit strong for my tastes. But i know when i used to drink a hell of a lot of that i got alot of headaches and crap, but i assumed that was the dreaded cancer causing sweetener.

Fuck knows. Either way all things in moderation. Today i feel bad cos i ate too much, all quite healthy (ish) stuff, just too much.

You'll probably find 2 pints of lager is better for you then 2 litres of coke.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

befdelta7
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:42 - 15 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You'll probably find 2 pints of lager is better for you then 2 litres of coke.

2 pints of larger is always better than 2 of anything...... except 2 'up 4 it' girls Wink LOL

tbh i personally think coca cola is highly addictive, when i was at school i would drink up to 7 cans a day. also any kind of take away for me comes with a coke! i did once try to stop drinking fizzy drinks for a couple of weeks.... but a kebab and a glass of water Evil or Very Mad dont even go there!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 168 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4